Message Boards

Topic : 02/19 Behind the Headlines: Octuplets Saga Continues

Number of Replies: 379
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, February 16, 2009, 04:10:33 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Single mother of six, Nadya Suleman, shocked the country by giving birth to the second-only set of octuplets recorded in the U.S. Speculation and wonderment turned to outrage and even death threats as the unemployed mom’s story developed. Now, the discussion continues, with shocking new accusations in the octuplets controversy. A former patient of Nadya’s fertility doctor speaks out! Did he ignore symptoms that could have killed her? And, should he still be practicing? Plus, exclusive video of the octuplets mom from her childhood friend. What does she have to say about the Nadya she knew in high school? And, the octo-mom’s spokesperson reveals the real reason why she had to quit! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 19, 2009, 12:58 pm CST

Please!

I just do not understand all the outrage toward the octuplets mother.  Yes, she already had more than she could handle.  Providing for them will be next to impossible, but this is not an unusual occurance.  It happens every day in our country and many others. The only reason for all the attention is the number that she had at once.  I think there will be natural consequences for her choice.  Provision will be next to impossible.  She will be exhausted for years.  Why not let that be it?  Those who judge her have too much time on their hands.  It is wasted energy to get that crazy, upset over someone elses live and problems.

Why not pray for her?  Something wonderful could come of this....

February 19, 2009, 1:00 pm CST

doctor

I think that the doctor should foot the bill to raise these children.

February 19, 2009, 1:02 pm CST

02/19 Behind the Headlines: Octuplets Saga Continues

dr phil   get a Grip will ya ....The babies are here now  ..what the heck  do you want her to  do  with them   shove them back  ......And we get  it   ,she'll need  14  baby  seats  ,,what  do  you think  were idiots  we don't understand ,so you had to bring the seats on the stage  ....  YOUR  SOMETHING ELSE !!!!!!!  If your soworried about these  babies  then dig deep into  your pocket and HELP"THE CHILDREN"  OUT. Don't keep harping on this . I feel  sorry  for  her mother who is living on a pension and gives it all to her daughter...if your don't want to help  the daughter and the babies  then help the MOTHER ..enough is enough 

February 19, 2009, 1:03 pm CST

Can't afford it

America cannot continue to pay for every illegitimate child that is born to an unwed mother.   We encourage unwed mothers to reproduce by rewarding them with monthly checks. I believe every person is allowed one mistake. After that, if parents can't afford their children, then the children should be put up for adoption. There are many people that would be willing to adopt all 8 of those octuplets, give them a good home and be able to afford them ,and the taxpayers would not be responsible. The mothers are not incovenienced in any way. I guaranteee that women would not be so fast to get pregnant if they thought their children were going to be taken away and adopted if they could not care for them instead of getting another monthly check.

February 19, 2009, 1:03 pm CST

Why does everyone have to be so negative???? Yes, we are in the midst of an economic crisis and whether or not this women decides to have 20 kids has nothing to do with that. It is true that taxpayers will be "paying" for her family, but that will be by paying tax money for SOCIAL programs, not just for her and her kids! We have a responsibility to take care of our fellow citizens and help those in need. So, why not have a show that allows people to offer support and encouragement. Why would we be mad a the mom? Of course it was a dumb decision to have more children while unemployed and living w/ your own mother, but newsflash...it happens everyday...not making it the best decision, but what's all this negativitiy going to do? SHe needs more support and motivation now than ever and this country is breaking her down, especially the media who feeds on the negativitiy. I thought the Dr. P show was to help make a change in the lives of people, I don't see how this show helped her at all. All these people are saying so many negative and degrading, disrespectful things that there's no way she could feel anything but shame and hurt, when as a new mom she shouldn't have to go through that. Dr. Phil, maybe you should work on using your "magic" to help her turn this "crisis" something that doesn't have to ruin her life. Because that's what all this unnecessary attention is doing to her and her children. If she was employed and in her own home, but had to get on welfare and receive more help, would this be such a big issue? If people don'thave anything positive, uplifting or encouraging to say or any ways to help, they should just keep their opnions to themselves!  It really doens' t look good for the citizens of our country to be so judgemental and condeming bc where does anyone have room to talk??

February 19, 2009, 1:08 pm CST

I really can't believe the show that I watched today.  Your a bunch of hate mongers, your making this woman out to be a monster, the only reason that this is in the news is because you people made it news.  My Grandmother had 21 kids and they all turned out fine.  I believe this woman has a support network and I have no doubt that she will do the very best that any parent would.

I really used to like the show but after what I seen today I can't imagine that I will watch again.

Have a terrific day.

Danny Perry

February 19, 2009, 1:09 pm CST

In my opinion, the doctor should have his license revoked and placed in prison for what he has done. The mother should have a mental evalution done. She is crazy for bringing 8 precious lives into this world, knowing she had six other children to take care of. She does not need to belong here in the US where struggling taxpayers are going to have to foot her bill. It outrages me that foreigners from other countries come to the United States and live off the goverment.

My heart goes out to the little babies, because they are the ones that are going to have to suffer.

February 19, 2009, 1:10 pm CST

It is all about getting attention!

I have never been so ticked off as I am over this women's total disregard for the health and well being of these precious babies. I feel that she thought that kind, generous American's would come to her rescue. She is looking to be in the limelight. She has no consideration for her dear mother and father or the children she already has.  Her desire for more children is costing the tax payers, not her!

The doctor that did this should be barred from medicine. He is an insult to the profession.

I am discusted. All of the publicity she is getting is probably exactly what she was hoping for, good or bad!

Shortcake49

February 19, 2009, 1:10 pm CST

Missing the point about Nadya Suleman

I think that maybe everybody is missing the point.  Nadya Suleman already had six kids that she couldn't afford to raise.  Her parents pleaded with her AND her doctor not to go on with the pregnancy procedure, but they went ahead with it, anyway.

I guess, like the rest of us who see the reality shows, figures this is a way to get everybody else to take care of her kids' needs, and for her to benefit, as well!  New cars, new home, diapers, you name it... easy street... a way for her to beat the system!  I believe she is a lot smarter than what credit is given her.

Her doctor is just as guilty as she is.  He knew full-well what her homelife situation was.  You don't have kids just because you can afford them!  And in THIS case, she couldn't even do THAT!

..............................................................................................................................................................................

February 19, 2009, 1:11 pm CST

Here's why....

Quote From: ladymf55

I am scared for this mother and her children, why are people threatening her, the children are here... People need to get over themselves... There are a lot of people on social assistance, not just single mothers... Okay she has 14 children.... but there is a show on TV of a couple that has 14 or more children... I don't hear people complaining about them..... The only reason why people are getting upset, is because she is a single mother receiving social assistance... I think....As long as mom is using the money to provide for the children, there is nothing wrong.... The most important thing is that this family receive on going support...

I think, in the future when these children become teenagers or adults they will learn about what is being said about their mother..... All I know is that I would be upset about people threatening my mom.....

The media should leave this family alone. So the children can be safe. 

What about the children that attend school, people have to think about their well-being too.  

She and people like her are threatening the survival of other people and their children.    She isn't just ruining the lifes of fourteen children she is ruining the lives of so many others people children as well.   

Here is the thing though and why there is so much interest.  She is a symbol for what is wrong with our society.   Selfish greedy people making stupid impulsive decisions and then stealing from those who are responsible to pay for them.  That being said if I could choose between seeing the criminals at Citibank receiving 60,000 or whatever angry emails from tax payers or Nadya I would choose Citibank.   

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last