Message Boards

Topic : 02/19 Behind the Headlines: Octuplets Saga Continues

Number of Replies: 379
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, February 16, 2009, 04:10:33 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Single mother of six, Nadya Suleman, shocked the country by giving birth to the second-only set of octuplets recorded in the U.S. Speculation and wonderment turned to outrage and even death threats as the unemployed mom’s story developed. Now, the discussion continues, with shocking new accusations in the octuplets controversy. A former patient of Nadya’s fertility doctor speaks out! Did he ignore symptoms that could have killed her? And, should he still be practicing? Plus, exclusive video of the octuplets mom from her childhood friend. What does she have to say about the Nadya she knew in high school? And, the octo-mom’s spokesperson reveals the real reason why she had to quit! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 17, 2009, 9:14 am CST

Octuplet mom

This woman worries the life out of me for the safety and well being of her children. When I see the shot of her holding one of her older children, and see how she bounces the baby on her lap, while constantly kissing him she looks deranged. I noticed the manicured nails, I worked full time for over 41 years, make good money, and have never had a manicure. Must be nice to have the State of California pay for all her bills. I pray all the children are taken away from her, they don't stand a chance with her rearing them.

February 18, 2009, 5:59 am CST

02/19 Behind the Headlines: Octuplets Saga Continues

Quote From: KateBauer

This woman worries the life out of me for the safety and well being of her children. When I see the shot of her holding one of her older children, and see how she bounces the baby on her lap, while constantly kissing him she looks deranged. I noticed the manicured nails, I worked full time for over 41 years, make good money, and have never had a manicure. Must be nice to have the State of California pay for all her bills. I pray all the children are taken away from her, they don't stand a chance with her rearing them.

The hospital bill, just for the delivery, and care of, this gal's latest eight children, has already reached a staggering $8 million, to be paid by Californians who actually work, and pay taxes. Just found out, last night, that she received a six figure workers compensation settlement for a back injury. Her claim? She couldn't lift her child. So, why keep having children she couldn't lift? You're right. She is deranged. Her kids should be adopted by people who can lift them. And, are in their right mind!

February 18, 2009, 6:32 am CST

UGH!!!!!

WHAT GIVES THESE DAUGHTERS THE RIGHT TO HAVE THEIR DESIRES AND THEN PUT THE BRUNT OF THE WORK ON THEIR PARENTS!? MY DAUGHTER LIVES WITH ME AND MY 4 GRANDCHILDREN,I WORK TWICE AS HARD TO MAKE ENDS MEET WHILE SHE PURSUES HER COLLEGE DEGREE (SHES 35) THE KIDS ARE 1,4,6,15.IM TIRED!!! I HAVE NO LIVE OUTSIDE OF WORK,MY HOUSE LOOKS WORSE THAN THE OCTUPLETS GRANDPARENTS HOUSE,TELL ME HOW TO DEAL WITH THIS?PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES I KNOW,NOW TEACH ME HOW TO DEAL WITH THIS!!!CAN U?!AS A MAN U LOOK AT THINGS DIFFERENT,A MOM HAS A BUILT IN NURTURING RADAR,THERE WAS A STORY BOUT THE FIRE IN CALI,A FIREFIGHTER FOUND A BIRD AT THE BASE OF A TREE IN AN UPRIGHT POSITION,WHEN HE NUDGED THE BIRD IT FELL OVER AND UNDERNEATH WAS BABY BIRDS ALIVE AND WELL.THATS WHAT I FEEL LIKE,ITS JUST LIKE ITS NEVER GONNA END.THANKS FOR ALLOWING ME TO VENT.

February 18, 2009, 1:15 pm CST

Times Have Changed!

Big Families Are Okay!

In my mothers generation families generally had 1-3 children but my grandmother had 9 children and my other grandmother had 6. Now getting to the generation previous to that, my great grandmother had 18 children in a farm house with no dishwasher or laundry machine.

Things are different today, as you do not grow your own food, so groceries can be costly, kids generally now A day's play organized sports instead of playing soccer free or skating, etc so that can be costly. You also have to work in the day time as a mother because living solely on the fathers income isn't easy. So things can be difficult now vs. then when having large families, but we do have things that make it easy such as disposable diapers, laundry machine, dishwashers, precooked food, etc.

I feel as though having a big family is managible and the kids do not suffer as I look at my grandmother who had 17 other siblings, she looks great for her age, has wonderful childhood memories, etc. The other children learn to pitch in, and learn that working together creates a successful, close, happy family.

I did watch the episode where the mom John and Kate plus 8, (I have not seen the show) said she had a staff of about 50 to help her run the week, you need an incredible support system. Well my grandmother who had 18 children had none of that, no laundry machines, etc and she managed just fine, The kids were always clean, fed, and happy. I do not have 8 children so I cannot compare and I say I could manage.

But I just feel our generation always tries to portray to be so hard done to and that great help and support is needed, but I feel as though large families can cope and can find solutions to make life managible.

February 18, 2009, 4:16 pm CST

PR Lady Needs A Reality Check

The mother's spokeswoman kept defending her client by saying the doctor mislead her into believing she would only have one or two babies from the procedure.  Are you kidding me?  Even if she had ONE more child - it wouldn't have been responsible. 

She already had SIX children - three of which has disabilities - in a three bedroom house (which doesn't even belong to her), no job, no income other than her "resources", etc...  And from what I understand from the news today - the home is in foreclosure - the mortgage hasn't been paid in 10 months.  On top of that - her poor elderly mother wasn't even aware that her daughter received money from an insurance settlement.  How do you do that to your poor mother who is supporting you and your children? 

I feel so sorry for those children.  I hope they are given to loving parents and away from this obviously disturbed woman. 

February 18, 2009, 4:35 pm CST

Doctor Phil Show.

Behind Continued Doctor Head Lines Oct Phil Saga Uplets. Ding! Four Round. When will ever end? I am--

so tire of this Mother have fourteen babies. Enough is enough Doctor Phil. I know that this is an outrage---

and still continued. See you on Thursday Feburary 19th, 2009.  Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.---------

February 19, 2009, 12:13 am CST

Octomom

This woman should have all of her children adopted out.  As no one noticed that there are no cribs or dressers already in the residence for the new little ones?  It is sad that she has been abusing her student loans.  I used mine for school - which is what it is supposed to be used for.  Unfortunately, her Mom has been enabling her way too long.  It's time to cut the apron strings.  I for one, am sick and tired of helping people with my hard earned tax dollars.  When will the student loan people speak up about the fraud? I really feel sorry for all of the kids and also the people in California who will be stuck paying for her children and expenses.  It  would be different if she were married.  She is not helping the moral fibers in America - when she won't even tell who the father is.  As far as the Doctor, he can pay for the all fourteen childrens secondary education.  She has no business getting her nails done when she is having fellow Americans support her family with food stamps.  Her priority should be directed to her children and assisting her Mother in any way she can.  I think her parents spoiled her as she seems lost in how to care for her children.  I certainly was not living at home at her age.    Some people want others to pay for their shortcomings.  If she does keep the older six, the state of California should have her take parenting classes and provide formula, clothing - but not the food stamps, etc.  She does not know how to budget - she acts like a young teen mom who think it is one big party.   

February 19, 2009, 5:10 am CST

You are SOOOOO right!

Quote From: ljones08

Big Families Are Okay!

In my mothers generation families generally had 1-3 children but my grandmother had 9 children and my other grandmother had 6. Now getting to the generation previous to that, my great grandmother had 18 children in a farm house with no dishwasher or laundry machine.

Things are different today, as you do not grow your own food, so groceries can be costly, kids generally now A day's play organized sports instead of playing soccer free or skating, etc so that can be costly. You also have to work in the day time as a mother because living solely on the fathers income isn't easy. So things can be difficult now vs. then when having large families, but we do have things that make it easy such as disposable diapers, laundry machine, dishwashers, precooked food, etc.

I feel as though having a big family is managible and the kids do not suffer as I look at my grandmother who had 17 other siblings, she looks great for her age, has wonderful childhood memories, etc. The other children learn to pitch in, and learn that working together creates a successful, close, happy family.

I did watch the episode where the mom John and Kate plus 8, (I have not seen the show) said she had a staff of about 50 to help her run the week, you need an incredible support system. Well my grandmother who had 18 children had none of that, no laundry machines, etc and she managed just fine, The kids were always clean, fed, and happy. I do not have 8 children so I cannot compare and I say I could manage.

But I just feel our generation always tries to portray to be so hard done to and that great help and support is needed, but I feel as though large families can cope and can find solutions to make life managible.

Today people are so materialistic and feel they must buy everything for their kids, even their love. While I am not delusional, I know it is important to have money to live, but it isnt the most important thing. People think they NEED to own their own home, have 2 cars and a big screen TV. They think their kids MUST wear name brand clothes and have at least one of each toy at Toys-R-Us. And they feel they MUST save for their college! WRONG! Parents do this today because I actually think the greed drives them to work to buy more STUFF. They don't spend enough time as a family and actually RAISING their kids. They pay others to do it for them. Then from the guilt that lurks, they allow their kids to get away with horrid behavior and buy them everything under the sun to make up for their absence. My little brother was 8 when our mom and his dad split. We all lived with my grandmother and he began working at Taco Bell at 16. He saved his money and paid his OWN way through college (along with loans of his own) . He majored in business management and landed his first "real" job with UPS as an accountant. He now works for Monster.com and makes well over $100,000 a year. He is now 32 years old and is doing very well! Imagine, no dad in his life after 8 and paid his OWN way to get where he is. People need to change they way they see things. Open their eyes and realize why we are in the boat we are in today.

People from the good old days were better people. They knew what was really important in life. I have a feeling that is what this mother wants to give her children and we need more of that. The "norm" of today is going to hell in a hand basket

February 19, 2009, 6:15 am CST

is this all we do

is this all we do anymore put people down we dont know i am so tired of seeing it. and we call our selfs  christians. yes she had them to bitch is not gonna help. i have 5 kids of my own i have hit the worse slump ever. so what your saying if you are having hard times you dont need your kids. why dont we treat this person with respect she is human along with her kids.

February 19, 2009, 6:27 am CST

not fair

I am wondering why no one is upset about the thousands of women who keep having children every year to stay on wellfare and get more money from the gov. All she did was have them at the same time.  Commenting on people upset about paying taxes for this.  Shouldn't they be more upset about other women.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last