Message Boards

Topic : 08/10 Teen Love Trauma

Number of Replies: 51
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, February 19, 2009, 03:58:07 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date 02/23/09) What happens when a volatile teen relationship threatens to tear a daughter away from her parents? Giesel and Steve say their 18-year-old daughter, Devynn, has an unhealthy relationship with her boyfriend, and the tumultuous union has caused a rift in their family. They say Devynn’s beau calls her names, makes her disobey them and is destroying their daughter’s once promising future. The teen admits that she and her boyfriend argue a lot, but she recently revealed that she is pregnant and plans to have the baby. Find out the devastating news that Devynn learned just days before appearing on the show. What does the future hold for this teen if she follows through with her desire to marry the man of her dreams against her folks' wishes? Can Giesel and Steve broker a peace with their child, or will this family drama continue to spiral out of control? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 10, 2009, 6:19 pm CDT

Take the time to hear each other

I enjoyed the show today and I feel bad for the young lady lost.  Everything that was said she listened but she's not going to meet her parents half way.  She wants to have her way and her mind is set.  I truly feel the mom is gonna change because she wants her daughter back.  The father would be pleased with a positive outcome for his family.  I hope the daughter focus a little more on her future than on the boyfriend.  If it was meant to be it will be.  She's young and once she gets out in the world , she will realize it was wise not to settle down at a young age.  We as parents have to keep an open communication with our children.  Being angry or disagreeing with them on all subjects is not healthy and it only pushes them into what you don't want them to do.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next Page | Last Page