Message Boards

Topic : 02/27 Forced to be a Deadbeat Dad?

Number of Replies: 878
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, February 23, 2009, 04:56:25 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are deadbeat dads actually dead broke dads? As the American economystruggles, men comprise 82 percent of the recent layoffs. In childsupport cases, are men and women treated equally in the courts or arethese laws out of touch with today's economy? Bill says he could beforced to be a deadbeat dad. He wants to leave his current high-payingjob to become a teacher and spend more time with his children, butworries he won't be able to pay his current child support payments.Would it be fair to consider sending him to jail for trying to be abetter father? Next, former NBA star Jason Caffey used to make $5million a year but says he now has trouble paying the amount of childsupport he owes for his 10 children. He allegedly owes hundreds ofthousands of dollars, and there's an order out for his arrest. Why doesJason say he has been treated unfairly? An attorney for one of thewomen makes Jason an offer. Will he accept the deal? Then, Bret andJennifer say they struggle to keep up with the child support paymentsowed to his ex-wife. Jennifer says her family is suffering. Mel Feit,director of the National Center for Men and Lis Wiehl, legal analystand author, weigh in on these stories and engage in a heated debate.Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 27, 2009, 9:07 am CST

It's about the children, Not the Money

Parents....we all need to grow up.  Yes, everyone has their own situation and story, but we all need to grow up. Fathers- take care of your children. Not just financially, but emotionally and mentally.  Do the best you can for your child- even if the odds seem to be against you- and hopefully everything will work out in the end.  Mothers- stop nagging and using your children as pawns.  If you want your child's father to pay $700 a month then you need to do what you have to do to make sure you are bringing in the same amount for your child.  If he's doing the best he can, Mom, leave the man alone.  Encourage him, let him feel like he's not spending his money for nothing. Share your parenting responsibilities with him; hold him accountable for more than just a check- and for Goodness sake- stop spending the money on yourself and put it in a savings account for your child.

Parents, stop hating each other for the sake of your children.  These attorneys are getting rich and thriving on your hate for one another.  They're putting your money in the bank for THEIR children; Don't give them your hard earned money that's supposed to go to YOUR children. Keep your anger and blame separate from the care of your children.

Try to find a way to work out a solution that works for everyone without ripping your child apart. Children have a right to have both of their parents in their lives without having to hear their parents nag and complain about each other constantly.  Children are part of both you and your ex- please don't make them feel like less of a person by bashing their mother or father.  Your children won't be children forever and you don't want them resenting you for your actions now, because they do pay attention and they will understand everything....one day.

Now, all of you are probably thinking "Who is this lady up on her soapbox!?"  I'm just a regular woman- but I'm also a single mother of three children; and unfortunately I'm very experienced in the world of child support and my opinion comes from years and years of observation and criticism.

My child's father bailed on me shortly before our daughter was born. I was heart broken since we had been together for years.  I was young and didn't know what to do- but my mother told me "Honey, this is a lesson learned about who you lay down with, not everyone wants to be a parent."  I decided then that I would be a single mother raising my child and informed her father that if he didn't want to be a daddy that was fine- but that I didn't want his money either and he could just stay out of our lives.  We tried to reconcile a few times after she was born but ultimately he left for good. I remembered what my mother had said before and moved on. To my surprise, when my child was almost three years old, I received a letter in the mail. He had filed with the court to pay me child support!!  He confessed later that because of my lack of nagging him that he began to feel guilty and thought he should do the right thing.  He didn't ask for any visitation at the hearing (honestly because he didn't want it), but either way we informed the judge that we would work it out on our own.  I never said anything bad about my daughter's father- not to her- or in her presence. Finally, on Christmas Eve, when our daughter was seven. he asked to have her.  I was furious because he was only doing it to impress a new girlfriend- but gave my daughter the choice. She was so excited to go with her Daddy- and even though it almost killed me- it's now one of her fondest memories.

Now, I could go on and on to finish this story- but the point is- even though I couldn't stand her father- and even though I felt like he was a "deadbeat dad"- it wasn't my right as a mother to fight and scream with him- or to limit his interaction with his daughter- or say bad things about him. I have never taken him back to court for more child support- but it works out because he is more inclined to help with extra things when I ask him.  Our daughter will be 15 years old this year. All of these years I have held my tongue when I didn't want to- and I've went without more child support even though sometimes more would've helped- and I've even put up with people criticizing me for not being mean to him- but it finally paid off this year.

Not only did he confess to me that he knew he hadn't been a good father and apologize- but my daughter also thanked me for "not being like some of her friends' moms" and letting her make her own decisions regarding her father.

The only thing that got me through it was remembering that if it weren't for him- I wouldn't have her in the first place.

You don't have to like your ex- but the children are SO much happier, about life and about themselves" if you can find a way to be civil.

February 27, 2009, 9:44 am CST

Mel give me a break..

You know I truly believe that most dads really do well with paying support and mothers who bleed the fathers who pay on time, make visitations and are truly involved in the kids life are really sad sad mothers who should be ashamed of them selves. I am one of the mothers that are on the other end of the scale... who has a ex who went from making very good money to claiming to working only about 3 months a year. You tell me how can you make rent (on an appartment you claim you got to be closer to you kid, but you still choose to not be involved) own a house that you rent out, never make a home cooked meal have every toy known to man and use the system to not pay your supprt because you complain about only working 3 months a year but yet you can afford all these luxuries? I have always worked to support my child, I make the payments on all the bills that he should be paying directly to the providers. I do not ask for him to pay me.. but to pay the providers directly but yet I am accused of living high on the hog.. I drive a 10 year old car, never take a vacation, only take off work when my son is off school to save us daycare cost, yet the parent who does not work never cares for his child and states it not his job or problem that is what he pays me for. Are you kidding.. This is a man wroking for cash playing the system and women like me get the short end of the stick because of the wormen who are in court at every turn and shouldn't be the  and courts look at us like stop complaining... Mel it is these men who use the system to not take care of their kids that make me sick and should be held accountable..

February 27, 2009, 9:54 am CST

02/27 Forced to be a Deadbeat Dad?

Quote From: szymonik

I'm a perfect example of what this show is about. - a singe father fighting an endless and costly battle to be an equal parent for my two young boys against a "family court" system that has had an extreme bias against me and done turned a deaf ear as my ex has played a successful strategy of driving me into financial ruin, offering me no options other than to declare bankruptcy and lose my home or to just walk away in disgust.

My ex and divorced last April after a very costly divorce.  She went through no fewer than four attorneys in a year, finding despicable attorneys who did things such as showing her a spy catalog and where to buy a wire, and then instructing her to wear it in her bra and to try to get into a fight with me so she could call the police on me.

The divorce ended last April by agreement but only after months of financial and other terrorism against me.  This included my ex filing a motion in court to freeze all of my assets and a judge who inexplicably ordered that I could pay for thing such as my alarm system ,but not my mortgage or credit cards for a period of three months and this destroyed my credit ratings.  All my credit cards went into default and my home was almost foreclosed - this is the condition under which I was forced to sign the agreement or be left in the street. 

During one hearing, a judge openly admitted that she "didn't have the luxury of a financial affidavit from either party" and yet still issued a devastating financial ruling against me with absolutely no evidence of any kind in regards to our respective financial conditions!

My ex agreed to joint physical custody as part of the agreement  - a condition the court ruled was in the boys best interests and which was enacted back on October 2007.

My ex walked away from the divorce with over $120,000 in cash, no martial debt, child support and has since lived in two luxury apartments - the current one bigger than our home, been able to find great full time work and is now pursuing her *second* Master degree.

I've was left devastated and struggling to find work as an 45 year old former executive in a declining job market.

This past September and right after I informed my ex that I would have trouble meeting child support for the first time since I couldn't find work and "could we work something out", she ran into court late on a Friday afternoon with an Ex Parte motion seeking full custody of the children.  Even her own attorney was so disgusted by this, she fired my ex as a client.

The court, having absolutely no third evidence backing evidence of any kind in support of her allegations and motion, granted it!  My 4 and 7 year old boys were suddenly ripped out of my hands and for over FOUR MONTHS prevented from reasonable time with their father or to even see thier grandparents - a wonderful 74 year woman from Poland who had been with them almost every day of their lives and their loving 77 year old grandfather from German who is suffering from cancer.

The court didn't care about this or the devastating emotional impact this had on my boys - who thought their grandparents had died.

Long story short - this Ex Parte motion to date has cost well over $45,000 - we had a disasterous Guardian Ad Litem who seems more interested in pursing his own biased agenda than represneting the best interests of my boys - who he has seen ONCE over the papst six months, yet billed over $16,000 on his own.

The grandparents are STILL limited in their inaction with the grandkids even though they have been found guilty of nothing - trampling theier civil rights and impacting their health.

And I now face either paying the GAL's fees or losing my home of the life insurance I established for my chidlren - because once again, the courts are deaf to the financial costs and obvious financial terrorism and harassment as a strategy to achieve their means.  SIX MONTHS over a lie to the court which ripped children from a stable enivironment where they flrouish, to a condition now where they are suffering obvious emotion harm and doing poorly in in school - while everyone looks away and lectures me on what is "in the best interests of my children."

Its beyond despicable.

What
Wow, I am really sorry to hear about what you're going through. I just wanted to say that I hope everything works out for you and especially your boys. That is so sad.

February 27, 2009, 9:55 am CST

Poor selfish parenting...pay the price

Sorry parents but your at fault (99% of the time).

I do not think moms or dads should be paying child support. If you make the decision to bring a child into this world- you should of thought of the "what if's"....such as what if we get divorced? Parents should be spending equal time raising the child...time split right down the middle. If both parents are equally providing shelter, clothing, food, toys, etc. there is no need to pay the other parent.

But then people would complain...but what if we live far apart ? (kid cant't go to two different schools, etc.) Well people... that should not even be an option. You both had a child you both should be caring for it. I don't care if you want to move far away...your wants don't matter--you had a child!! There is no reason for a child to move miles and miles away from the other parent. Parents should have to live close by so that they can both take an active role in raising their kids. Job transfer? TOO BAD! You had a child...maybe you should of thought a little more before having babies.  

Now obviously this does not apply to parents who are abusive, on drugs, etc.  

And as for celeb's who make millions...they can afford to move the mother/father and child closer to them so they can spend equal time with the child!!! No child support needed. I don't care if your a NBA star...that just means you can afford to fly your child to your games and pay a great nanny to sit with them in the stands.

February 27, 2009, 10:01 am CST

Mel give me a break..

You know I truly believe that most dads really do well with paying support and mothers who bleed the fathers who pay on time, make visitations and are truly involved in the kids life are really sad sad mothers who should be ashamed of them selves. I am one of the mothers that are on the other end of the scale... who has a ex who went from making very good money to claiming to working only about 3 months a year. You tell me how can you make rent (on an appartment you claim you got to be closer to you kid, but you still choose to not be involved) own a house that you rent out, never make a home cooked meal have every toy known to man and use the system to not pay your supprt because you complain about only working 3 months a year but yet you can afford all these luxuries? I have always worked to support my child, I make the payments on all the bills that he should be paying directly to the providers. I do not ask for him to pay me.. but to pay the providers directly but yet I am accused of living high on the hog.. I drive a 10 year old car, never take a vacation, only take off work when my son is off school to save us daycare cost, yet the parent who does not work never cares for his child and states it not his job or problem that is what he pays me for. Are you kidding.. This is a man wroking for cash playing the system and women like me get the short end of the stick because of the wormen who are in court at every turn and shouldn't be the  and courts look at us like stop complaining... Mel it is these men who use the system to not take care of their kids that make me sick and should be held accountable..

February 27, 2009, 10:23 am CST

Child Support

I no longer work.  I could not afford to work.  Sound strange?  My last job I held, I made 1100 keep a month.  My child support was half that.  I agree with paying child support.  What I don't agree with is Me moving on and starting a new life.  The ex moving on and starting a new life, getting her pay, my child support, and her new boyfriends income.  I have started a new life and now have a new baby boy in my life.  When I worked I could not support my new family with just 550.00 dollars that I got to keep every month.  So my fiance got a job.  We now keep about 1200.00 a month.  I am more angry with the moving on part.  My ex moves on and has a great life making about 40000.00 a year. That is the child support, her income and his income.  I move on and make about 13000.00 befor child support and 6500.00 after.  You can't do it.  I served my country for 10 years, USAF,  I have nerver did drugs, Never been commited of a crime.  I have never ran from anything.  I deeply believe I am being made to be a deadbeat dad.  I now know why so many men run and turn into bad people.  I am not a bad perso I know this, others around me know this.  I am threatend with jail time!!  This is crazy.  If you don't have money you don't have money.  I am sorry for that.  Jail is not the answer.

February 27, 2009, 10:39 am CST

I Agree..divorced and re-married MOM>>>

Quote From: ryanroberts

The show today is ridiculously aggravating. I do not in anyway condone the practice of dads not paying child support. Children must be provided for. It is the parents job to provide for children. Notice I said parents... plural. The mother is just as responsible for the welfare and support of the child as the father. And her part of providing for the child once the marriage or union is dissolved is not to make sure she is collecting every dime she can from the father, but to actively get a job and provide! Where is that side of this story on this show? It is ALWAYS about how the father does not provide. It is never taken into account what is best for the children. The court decision in these matters is simple: The mother gets the children, the mother gets the house, the mother gets the alimony, the mother gets the child support, etc... the father gets to pay this amount (amount is determined by a formula based on the father's income, NEVER the needs of the child) regardless of what situation is best for the child. Regardless whether the home situation is better at the father's residence the mother gets the child! The only way that ever changes is if the father can beyond all doubt prove that the home situation at the mother's residence is very dangerous and she is in no way remotely capable of dealing with the needs of the child. And even then, the courts still usually side with the mother.  

Children need their mother, but children also need their father. How many criminals in prison lived with their father? As the rate of children being removed from their fathers increase, so do the violent criminal rates and the prison population. So why is it best for the child to always live with the mother? Why are women not responsible financially for their children? Why are fathers automatically given a great deal less time by the courts with their children? And for those dads that have found a way to beat the system, why are those mothers not getting arrested for being dead beats? How about just a little fairness.... just a little for all involved?  

I completely agree with you in this matter; you know I have been on the side of trying to collect child support from my first husband for my two older girls....in 14 years I have received 150.00 total... I feel like he should be in JAIL because he choose NOT to Pay... I am the type of MOM that it is what is important and reasonable for the children....You see I had the RIGHT to let him SIGN his RIGHTS away If I wanted to; me personally I did not like him but he WAS NOT my DAD and I DID grow up WITH a in and OUT DAD..it was HARD for me..SO I let THE GIRLS DECIDE..I explained what it would mean if he signed his rights away and why he wanted to do it...he told them himself the only REASON was so that he DID not have TO be responsible to PAY THEM SUPPORT...but then he promised that he would come and see them instead...WELL THEY CHOOSE NOT TO LET HIM DO IT...I did nothing but do the paper work after their choice...I KNOW HOW IMPORTANT A REAL DAD is to a little girl.....that was 12 years ago and he hasn't so much as called them or sent them a birthday, Christmas, or any holiday CARD.

Now my second husband..HE DOES PAY...but NOT because he wants to...AND he DOES NOT PAY as much as the STATE says I could RECEIVE, this is because I choose to agree with a lower amount and agreed to allow him to claim her on his taxes, so that it would NOT be a court battle for OUR daughter to deal with....HE repaid my gesture with BAD MOUTHING ME to EVERYONE because he had to PAY at ALL.... Where is the fairness in this???? I try to work with him all the time...he has changed his work hours 4 times in a year and everytime he has I have switched the visitation days with him WITHOUT having to go to COURT... EVERYBODY needs to learn to deal with things in a grown-up MANNER; no MATTER how hurt, mad, or betrayed YOU may FEEL!!! It has a better lasting impression on the children in the long RUN.. AND trust and BELIEVE I KNOW it is NOT EASY to ALWAYS DO!!!

My Current HUSBAND is great...BUT he is getting drug through the MUD evrytime HIS EX gets mad....We got together right after they split up I guess it was a month after they split that I meet him, so I have been there through all the MESS; his EX- wife has drug him into court 27 times in 4 years and most of that was in the FIRST 2 years...she took him to COURT for $0.97 everytwo weeks...she has diliberatley bullied, bribed and lied to their children (mostly the daughter) into trying to make them NOT LOVE THEIR DAD....her and her parents whom now live downhere (NC) from (MI) have told some of the most herendous stories of lies about their dad and how bad he treated them..THIS IS SOOOO WRONG!!!
Just because someone stops loving someone else does not mean it is TIME to TORTURE the children to get at the other person.
After all those court dates and 2 mediations (in which WE proved she lied about everything) and he ended up with BECAUSE he WORKS 3rd SHIFT and NOT DAYS....is 4 weeks out of summer and every other weekend, some Thanksgiving time and some Christmas time.

HE pays for CHILDCARE that does NOT even EXists except ON PAPER and 1/2 medical bills FORWHICH ALSO DON'T EXIST BECAUSE SOMEHOW SHE LIED GOOD ENOUGH TO GET MEDICAID TO BELIEVE SHE  COULD NOT AFFORD MEDICAL EXPENSES, and $1025.00 a month in support  BECAUSE SHE ALSO LIED ABOUT HER INCOME EARNINGS and NO one CHECKED it out who should have. NOT her LAWYER for certain..he already knew she was lying...or my husband's BECAUSE WE COULD NOT PAY FOR THAT EXTRA EXPENSE.

I feel like BOTH parents should be expected to have a JOB and Earn income TOWARD the support.
I also FEEL being on BOTH SIDES that child Support should either be a TAX deduction OR NOT be calculated on A GROSS AMOUNT. That is a lie to start with everyone knows that we do NOT get what are gross pay is...so how can you calculate a figure with that amount?????

I believed that BOTH parents should caryy MEDICAL, DENTAL and VISION INSURANCE on the children along with spliting the medical leftovers...but if both had INSURANCE then there would NOT be hardly anything LEFT over!!!

I DO NOT AGREE with either parent RUNNING away...YOU anly HURT the CHILDREN.....NOT THE EX

GOD BLESS

February 27, 2009, 11:04 am CST

Enforcement Does Not Really Exist - Squeaky Wheel CP Case # 99,999 CA

Custodial Parents (CP) and Non-Custodial Parents (NCP) 

A message to ALLl custodial parents I invite you to comment on this post if it sounds familar to you.  A clear example of the life of a struggling CP trying to get Enforcement.  (Actual Letter - Names have been removed)  My email address DCSS_AG_CA@YAHOO.COM   I KNOW this is a NATIONAL problem and not just a problem in CA.

**PRESIDENT OBAMA IF YOU OR YOUR STAFF ARE READING THIS PLEASE TAKE NOTE WE ARE WAITING FOR YOUR - Responsible Fatherhood and Healthy Families Act  - ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since my letter dated March 3, 2008, and several email conversations later with the county not one thing has been done to resolve this complaint.  I am still seeking answers to each and every of following questions:

1)  The county has continuously allowed the Non Custodial Parent (NCP) to slide on providing the required legal documentation for an Income and Expense Declaration.  Example (more than one of)-paycheck stubs, bank account statements, tax forms & bills?  Local Child Support Office (LCSA)  must obtain these documents according to the law and so stated on the Income and Expense form FL150.  What is the code and reasoning for not doing this? 

2)  Why does the county allow any modifications to proceed without obtaining six months or more of actual paycheck stubs, bank account statements, tax documents, revolving credit bills from the NCP?  Because the county has not acquired this information the entire case since 2004, is based on hearsay evidence and proper discovery has not been completed.

3)  Why has the NCP been allowed to be on probation for contempt for not paying child support and continue to state he is not working -- when a seek work order is a required action of the NCP on the court order?

4)  Why has a wage assignment not been enforced?

5)  There appears to be a consistent pattern for the last 5 years for the NCP to find a job three weeks before a court date (family or child support).  A wage assignment will take place at that time.  Then after two or three paychecks of garnishments court would occur and after the child support is lowered that same week he no longer works at that job.  No wage assignments will happen again until a new court hearing.  Why has this not been pointed out to the courts?  Willful avoidance to pay child support by job hopping is against the law.  Why has the county not filed a probation violation?

6)  Why has the county not enforced the requirement that the NCP must notify the county within 72 hours if his employment changes?  This is on a court order.

7)  Why has the county not completed an asset search, including a bank account search for garnishment of child support arrears? 

8)  When was the driver's license revocation submitted by the DCCS?  He is clearly in violation of the law and obviously one month over not paying yet he still has a license?

9)  Why has the county not filed a probation violation on the NCP?  It is long overdue and has been requested by the CP with no response.

10)  The NCP has seven counts of contempt in the year 2008 alone that could be filed to enforce this case and nothing has been done to do this.  Why?

11)  The court order states “If during probation any of the terms and conditions of probation are violated, cite may be arrested and brought before the Court for further proceedings and additional sanctions with possible jail sentence.”  Why has this not been enforced in over a year’s time?   Very few payments have come in since the NCP has been on probation.  The NCP states he is not working when he does (with excessive income), and does not comply to any part of the order or with the probation order.  The NCP needs to be brought in on these non-compliance actions.

All of the questions above are basic and simple enforcement questions.  All of these are required by the county to do.  I would like to know why they have not been in compliance with this case and what actions they are planning on taking to be in compliance. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

State Hearing Request

John Doe is the non custodial parent (NCP) for our daughter Jane.  He had filed a fraudulent modification on 2008 to lower child support and between March 08 through August 08, child support was significantly lowered during that timeframe. 

The county shortly thereafter investigated a tip that came in that the NCP was working when he said he was not and that his income was significantly more than what he stated.  The county was able to collect sufficient evidence to show multiple counts of fraud and perjury.  I had suspected for some time the fraudulent activity was going on, but was unable to prove it myself.  My suspicions were strong enough over the years to pursue it through filing a State Hearing in 2006, requesting the county to do more to investigate the possibility of fraudulent income activity.  I was unsuccessful in this request and over a period of a couple of years suffered further from multiple modification requests from the NCP on a quest to continue to lower child support he was successful  by using the method of perjury .  

After learning of the evidence collected by the county I requested them to file a “Motion to Vacate”, going back to the state --statute of limitations two years –thus allowing the courts to be notified of fraudulent activity and perjury thus enables them to take appropriate legal action. I further asked the county to --request a finding on fraud and perjury –and most importantly to please forward this case to the California DA office for them to look into criminal fraud and perjury charges. 

Based on the above activity and requests to the county in writing and in person-- I again was told they would do nothing and did so without explanation.  I have made a request to act on laws broken and enforce this case and have received a response that they will simply not do it.  I am requesting the staute and reasoning for this denial of my request.  What they did do was file a simple modification to change the child support to what it should be and the motion was taken off calendar and nothing has happened since.  While a modification is definitely something that needs to be done it needs to be “part of” the final outcome from a Motion to Vacate.   

I would like to know why a Motion to Vacate cannot be filed going back two years.  I would like to know why a request to the court for a finding of Fraud and Perjury cannot be done.  Clearly the law has been broken multiple times by the NCP the county is aware –with evidence in hand --and the NCP continues to get away with this activity and he knows he can.  This is completely unacceptable for the NCP to be able to do these things and unacceptable for the county to ignore this and sweep it under the carpet.  The only entity that is legally responsible set forth by the laws of this country and state to enforce collection of this child support case is the county.  If DCSS is not willing to follow the law who will? 

February 27, 2009, 11:12 am CST

Yes, bio-dad should pay.

Quote From: dpwtchr

I think one of the biggest problems is the courts want to make every situation black or white... they are not the same. There are women that collect child support that have gotten remarried with new hubby making more than real dad and possibly even the woman working... there are situations where mom could work and just won't... the last family on there was a good example. the thing is, each situation is different and should be looked upon that way.  My father in law was in a situation where his wife left him, after she had an affair, she took the only child left in the home, age 11, (the others were grown), she worked a gov. job and made more than him, she married a man that worked in the car industry making 6 figures, and yet, my stuggling FIL had to pay child support. Now, SHE had the affair, SHE chose to leave, SHE made more $ and remarried to someone who made more than both of them ever had and yet the struggling one had to pay the support... and I ask, is this fair?????
Bio-dad fathered the child, not step dad.  Just b/c the custodial parent remarries a spouse making more money than the non-custodial parent, does not get the non-custodial parent off the hook for supporting the child that he or she helped create.

February 27, 2009, 11:28 am CST

Choice

Why are the fathers always the ones responsible?? Almost all divorces are initiated by the wives, who also decide that they are the BETTER parent and the father just gets left with the bill and the deadbeat dad badge!! I am so sick of this crap, you choose to be a single mother, then own it. Child support is nothing but glorified alimony. Women don't want equality, they want superiority and my son is not disposable now nor will he be in 20 years. Men are not the enemy!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last