Message Boards

Topic : 02/25 Octuplets' Mom Talks to Dr. Phil

Number of Replies: 277
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, February 23, 2009, 06:59:59 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard2

"Outrageous, irresponsible and completely out of touch with reality" are just a few comments being said about Nadya Suleman, the single mother of six who recently gave birth to octuplets in California. In a daytime exclusive interview, Dr. Phil addresses the questions the public wants to know. Hear how she ended up with 14 babies, how she plans to take care of them, and if there be more children. And, Dr. Phil shares his thoughts of the single mother. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 25, 2009, 6:42 am CST

Enough of the oct Mom

I think everyone should leave that woman alone?? Put yourself in her place...How would you feel everyone following you around all day, everyday??? As I think you would not like it....Leave the woman alone and let her raise her children, and live her life.....My God I am so sick of  hearing about that story.....Find something else and move on already......Thanks and have a great day :)

February 25, 2009, 6:43 am CST

Please...

Please...This woman has all the answers doesn't she?  Yes, that's what a publicist will do for you!  I'm sorry, but I don't see a lot of concern or sincerity in this woman.  She strikes me as a great big liar.  Add to everything else, she has a really irritating personality.  What a kick in the A** that this woman sits there with her collagen lips and nose job and begs the rest of us for money.  "Dances around the question" DR Phil?  She's just a liar.  She "doesn't want any publicity", but she has a publicist.  Rather contradictory isn't it.  Frankly, I think the reason people are upset is because to many people in our society today get away with too much SH** by just pretending it's not their fault.  Give me a break.

February 25, 2009, 6:58 am CST

Octuplate mother

i am sorry for all those children. This woman should have just donated the eggs. There are people who can't have children and can't adopt due to money situations. BUT this woman is allowed to have 14 kids and NO FINANCIAL responsibility. The government pays for these kids. I am a mother of 1 and have had SEVERAL failed IUI and IVF treatments. We can't afford Adoption and we would love to be able to adopt a Child not a baby. Our insurance covers the fertility treatments so that is why we can afford that. My doctor because I am under 35 WILL NOT out more than 2 in at a time. What her Doctor did is unethical. What she did is not responsible. I had to go thru evaluations before I could go thru treatment. This is sickening.

Sad mother wishing this mother would have gotten help and guidance.

February 25, 2009, 7:04 am CST

THIS IS NOT OK...OCTUPLETS' MOM!!

I will be watching and RECORDING the show today on the Octuplets'  Mom........HOPEFULLY SO WILL SHE!!!!!!!!! What makes this right? I beleive that single women & men, have every right to have a child or two on their own, God Bless the ones that do! It's one of the most difficult jobs EVER, especially on your own. BUT, this woman, has taken it over the top. WHY??? I guess we'll get the answer today, but I think it is still wrong for so many reasons.....name them? sure...1. what about the kids??? all of them, even the ones that have been waiting for 'Mommy' to come home from the hospital to spend some time with them (maybe 'Mommy' should think about giving Grandma & Grandpa a break), 2. THE GRANDPARENTS!!!! OMG!!! I feel for them. They should not be having to care for 14 kids and their messed up daughter, 3. It is hard enough for families, no matter the size, to make ends meet, with just normal household bills. And I suppose that she thinks that Pampers, Similac, Wal-Mart, Century 21, Ford, etc will be 'giving' her gifts!!! OMG!!! She needs help, but not from companies!!!! From a mental hospital!!!! You have your hands full Dr. Phil!!!!

February 25, 2009, 7:06 am CST

Sympathetic to someone elses needs

I'm so sick of the way people are perceiving this mother!! If the news broadcast had been upbeat and positive and joyful about this woman having 8 MIRACLES, everyone would have embraced her. BUT because CNN and other news stations STARTED the negative feedback and talk about her, everyone else just jumps on the ban-wagon!! Everyone should be ashamed of themselves! Give this lady a break. She has 14 children to care for and just as the former first lady had said, "It takes a village to raise a child!" It's going to take a full neighborhood/city/county to help raise these child with this Mom. I only wished I lived closer to offer my help!

God Bless her and her family

February 25, 2009, 7:15 am CST

Octo-Mom

Dr. Phil

I just am about sick of this whole mess. Nadya is the perfect example of someone that is only thinking of herself. She has no regard for her parents or the fact that she already has 6 adorable children. How can anyone possibly believe that she is of "sound mind" and able to use "good judgement".  In what world is this woman living? I have friends and family that are unable to have their own children because of fertility problems, they dearly love children and have been able to foster and adopt wonderful children who are being cared for better then most, but even they are limited to only 8 children by law. They are OK with that and the children are growing up in healthy, happy two parent family homes. Homes free of the family riffs, and financial hardships. Nadya is completely "out there", she has no clue, she is too busy getting lip jobs, nails done, and trying to rationalize her way out of this one. I have listened to each and every interview and to date she has not said anything that sounds reasonable, she has not given a plan, she is not greatful to what her parents have done and are doing for her. I was able to watch the Oprah show yesterday and listened to the heartache in her fathers voice. He is so torn, he wants nothing but the best for his family, his daughter, his grandchildren and yet in his maturity realizes there is no way possible to care for each and everyone the way he would want to. Nadya's mother has already given all, and if she is in fact about to loose her house, how can that be her fault. I think Grandma needs to have a modest home given to her (one where the kids could come on occasion to visit and perhaps a sleep over once in a while but she should not have to care for this mess, she did her time. Nadya needs to be forced to realize the ramifications of her decisions. Nayda needs to take full responsibility, she says this is what she dreamed of, this is what she needs, this is what makes her feel worthy.????? Now do it Nadya. She made the bed now lay in it.

The best news I have heard and I can only pray it is true, that the hospital will not allow these babies to go home with her. There is no way they (with all their needs) can flourish and remain healthy if she is left to care for them. Nayda has this obvious misconception that sitting and reading to the children, or holding the children or loving the children will provide their every need. I would love to be able to sit at home and just play, love and hold my children (oh wait they have grown up-would be hard to do)...but that would not put food on the table for them, it would not put clothing on their backs, or a roof over their heads, it would also not teach the children responsibility and any type of work ethic. This woman is not thinking with all cylinders!!!

Please keep these babies from that demise and help these grandparents. Nayda go to work, provide for your family, your parents took care of their responsibility, you are now old enough to leave the nest!!! Make your own.

February 25, 2009, 7:21 am CST

octuplet accountability

I'm very frustrated that once again, the good ole boy system of the AMA doesn't seem to be doing anything to hold this infertility MD accountable!

Lot's of talk...but when interviewers start to "go there" the other MDs back down. They don't want laws or anything else to "get into the very personal MD/Pt relationship" ( & I don't really want interference w/mine, either) BUT physicians will NOT police their own! 

Where is their governing board in reviewing and taking action w/this MD ?? They are there to protect the public from malpractice and unethical behavior ~~ so where are they in this case? Every expert on TV has come out and agreed that the MD choose to go well outside of the recognized standard of care!

All the MD's I know hate the federal and state "suits" that come into hospitals and clinics to review/regulate their practice...but this example of gross malpractice and the medical community limiting their oversight to "lip service", unfortunately, proves the medical community needs this outside oversight ~~~

For starters.....maybe this infertility doc should be  financially responsible for his decision/malpractice.

Wouldn't that be too ironic, the mom ends sues him for malpractice (after all, EVERY EXPERT says he should have known better)~~ and she gets a huge windfall cash settlement to support her "litter" !

February 25, 2009, 7:26 am CST

watch what you wish for.....

Quote From: marie045

I'm so sick of the way people are perceiving this mother!! If the news broadcast had been upbeat and positive and joyful about this woman having 8 MIRACLES, everyone would have embraced her. BUT because CNN and other news stations STARTED the negative feedback and talk about her, everyone else just jumps on the ban-wagon!! Everyone should be ashamed of themselves! Give this lady a break. She has 14 children to care for and just as the former first lady had said, "It takes a village to raise a child!" It's going to take a full neighborhood/city/county to help raise these child with this Mom. I only wished I lived closer to offer my help!

When she see's this,she might just relocate ! If I were in her shoes, I would certainly be open to getting closer to people who were on my side!

....or perhaps welcome you to CA to enjoy the winter sunshine w/her!  But I do agree, I wish that the media would have stayed out of this from the very beginning ~ and somehow I think everyone would have been WAY better off, not even knowing. Her, her family and the rest of the world~~ this whole situation has breed anger !

February 25, 2009, 7:33 am CST

02/25 Octuplets' Mom Talks to Dr. Phil

This women has outraged me!  My husband and I waited to have children so that we could better afford them and I keep haveing miscarriages.  This women who doesn't even work has 14 children.  I guess people like me who are unable to have kids are going to have to pay to raise hers.  I feel sorry for those children!  It seems to me as if she were only thinking about herself, publicity and money!! If she was a real mother she would not have gone through with the procedure and taking care of the children that she already had! 

February 25, 2009, 7:35 am CST

Yes, she is very sick.

Quote From: marie045

If it takes a village to raise a child....how many people does it take to raise a village? Poor Nadia was a lonely only child. She needs to surround herself with children. Maybe 14 isn't enough? I hope she can have 8 or 10 more children. We wouldn't want Nadia to feel lonely.

She had children with total disregard for their immediate or future care. If they are disabled why should she care. The health and well being of these children are not her concern. Nadia is clearly not well. Her own father asked that we do not judge Nadia because she is "incomplete." The blame is on the Doctor. He took an oath to first do no harm. When he put the childrens health in harms way to satisify the whim of an unstable women,,,,the Doctor violated his oath. Throwing money at this problem is not going to make it go away. The children need to be placed in loving homes. Allow them to be adopted into normal homes. It would be wrong for the State of California knowing Nadia is "incomplete" throw money at the situation and walk away. She is not competent to raise 6 children let alone 14 or more.....

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last