Message Boards

Topic : 02/25 Octuplets' Mom Talks to Dr. Phil

Number of Replies: 277
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, February 23, 2009, 06:59:59 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard2

"Outrageous, irresponsible and completely out of touch with reality" are just a few comments being said about Nadya Suleman, the single mother of six who recently gave birth to octuplets in California. In a daytime exclusive interview, Dr. Phil addresses the questions the public wants to know. Hear how she ended up with 14 babies, how she plans to take care of them, and if there be more children. And, Dr. Phil shares his thoughts of the single mother. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 25, 2009, 7:45 am CST

She is getting exactly what she probably wanted...

Nadya claims that she just loves children but she was only thinking of herself...and those poor kids and her mother...I cannot stand the fact that they compared her to Angelina Jolie in the media...Angelina Jolie could adopt a country if the woman wanted to she has a career, a husband, and can provide for her kids...but i think this Nadya wanted this attention from the media and she got it... i think she knew that the chances of her having more than one baby was very likely...she is what i like to refer as "selectively slow" pretends to play stupid.."I only wanted one baby...who in the hell is she trying to bullsh*t...and the worst part is she is getting the attention...people keep feeding into it...I turn the channel when she is on...she sickens me.

February 25, 2009, 7:47 am CST

She stills has frozen eggs in storage!!!

Oh boy! She has more eggs on ice. If she is not going to have anymore babies, why doesn't she donate those eggs to someone who can't have children? I have so many friends who would love to have a child but can't. One couple spent a couple of years with the process of adoption to only deal with a mother who decided she didn't want to give up her baby. Then it took them two more years to finally finish with the adoption of a child from China. That was a very exhausting and heart wrenching process which really pushed them to the edge from where they are still trying to recover. They would love to have one more but are doubting that they can do all of that again. If not for the end results (a loving child), they definitely wouldn't put themselves through that.

Or she could dispose of the eggs if she is against donating them. She states that the reason she couldn't dispose of the eggs is because they are living babies (or something like that). She has more eggs ON ICE!!! She says she is going to keep them frozen... why??? For more babies I'm sure. Just wait.

And yes, she is selfish. My husband and I wanted more children, but since we are thinking adults, we decided that since we were older (I had my first child at 37 years old) and I wanted to stay home with our child (I was a latch key child) and that probably wouldn't be possible with more than one. I also had the issue of older eggs and possible complications (i.e.- Down's Syndrome). We spent the first five years of our marriage thinking about all of this. She should have been happy with six children (or less). The fact that she is on disability (Workman's Comp?) and can't work didn't cross her mind? The fact that she doesn't have a home for the first six didn't cross her mind? The fact that she doesn't have a husband to help with the finances (she chose to have these children artificially... it wasn't an oops). And I understand that she received a settlement from Workman's Comp and it didn't go towards buying a house or food or medical for her six children.... it went to producing more children (for her ego) and possibly plastic surgery (for her again... me stuff). I have gone without eating so that my child could eat. YOU SACRIFICE FOR YOUR CHILDREN!!!! And she just doesn't get it.

I am glad that the eight (and additional six children) are healthy. But I think the eight babies would be happy and healthier with another family that would be able to provide financial, physical and moral support and unconditional love to the babies. A family member of ours gave up three of her four boys because she knew she couldn't care for all of them. She was a single mother (divorced). This was in the early sixties before widespread birth control and welfare (public assistance). She has since reconnected with them as adults.

I don't mean to be harsh but someone needs to be. What makes anyone think that she can care for all of those children? Even with help. My sister-in-law had twins at 40 and she is a REALLY ORGANIZED person. It was hard for her. She joined a twins club (multiple birth club) and most of those mothers are VERY, VERY FOCUSED AND ORGANIZED. The club provides lots of support to each other (emotional and moral support) and everyone pitches in with fund raisers and consignment sales for the club. For an organized person (my sister-in-law is very focused and always plans ahead) it is very hard. Nadya doesn't seem to have that. She can have all the love in the world but that won't be enough. Wake up and smell the roses... it won't be pretty.

February 25, 2009, 7:51 am CST

Octo-Mom is nuts

Octo-Mom has a complete disregard for the health and welfare of any of her children and normally I don't agree with Granparents getting up is their kids business like that but she is dumping those kids on her parents and have bankrupted them. She has practically begged to be treated this way based on her erratic behavior, need for publicity, seems to be hoping CPS comes to her house and looks to me as if she is counting on someone who feels sorry for her to offer her a home and money to survive. She is angling to get some religious nut who is anti-abortion to fund her quest to abuse the tax payers and over whelm the california healthcare system. She should not have been allowed to have the first children without a thorough psych eval and obviously the doctor that performed the procedure needs to have his license revoked and possibly be sued by california for reimbursement of healthcare and welfare money being dibursed for each child unti they turn 18. the sperm donor need to be tracked down and made to pay child support also.

February 25, 2009, 7:59 am CST

N x 14

Quote From: trigreen

Did anyone else notice the previous days show is "how not to get scammed"?   Think there will be another link to welfare queen octo-moms website?  

She (along with greedy interest only people and the corporate criminals) are already scamming all of us out of our hard earned tax dollars.   And before you waste your time judging me on how we should not judge people (lol more irony)let me say this: If I am paying for you then I will judge you.   
This show has a line about making it a better day. WELL - the first email in this morning was a Hype for today's SHOW.  I think she has already gotten TOO much air time. Secondly, I think the BeverlyHills 'quack' should be put on the birth certicicate as the Father of the 14 children.  He could then be paying the Child Support - It should help the tax payer out when you figure what he makes.  You bet, I'm POed - lost 50 grand of my retirement last week - Many of the scam artists even by advertising time on the local TV at the time this Show is on + some even present gifts to Show to gain good PR and photo opps  -  Have a great day!  Wish this was a public call-in talk show so the REAL public could more clearly state the REAL facts. 

February 25, 2009, 8:00 am CST

Octomom needs help

I read that Dr. Phil said"We can't turn our back on this woman without turning our back on these children."

Turn your back on her, not the kids. Help the kids...not Octomom!  TAKE THEM AWAY!!  This lady needs mental help.

If Dr. Phil feels this way have them move in with him.  She chose to have these children, this isn't a mistake. She should have thought about providing for them before having them.  This is not a case of a woman in need...it's the children that need help and need to be taken away. This is neglect. 

I hope they keep those kids in the hospital and take the other 6 away!  She's probably going to get a lot of money from all these interviews and magazines. She is using the government to fund her and her kids who she couldn't provide for the first six as it is. I saw a picture yesterday of her buying video games.  Okay, so you don't have a job, you have 14 children and you don't know where you are going to live but you have the money to buy your children video games??  That is not a necessity.

I think she needs to be put away and the children given to people who can provide for them and love them.  There are many parents who can't have their own children who would love to have one of these babies.

And that doctor needs to lose his license and go to jail.  I just worry about the 14 children. They are the ones that need the funding and help and what the government and everyone else who feels anything for this situation should be concerned about not. Not the mom.

February 25, 2009, 8:00 am CST

Octomom

This poor woman.  For one thing the last career she should be looking at is being a counselor.  She doesn't take time to listen and has immediate answers to everything.   I agree that the media has really made a mess out of this.  Like Dr. Phil says, we all have to get over this and be concerned about the kids.

Kathy

February 25, 2009, 8:10 am CST

02/25 Octuplets' Mom Talks to Dr. Phil

I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE A DOCTOR WOULD DO SOMETHING SO UNETHICAL ,AS TO DO INVITRO ON A WOMAN ON WELFARE!WHY AREN'T WE HEARING MORE ABOUT THAT .I FEEL SORRY FOR THE KIDS IN THIS SITUATION FOR SURE .I  MYSELF HAVE THREE KIDS, ALL HEALTHY, AND IT'S A STRUGGLE TO DIVIDE THE TIME .THERE IS NOO WAY SHE WILL BE ABLE TO DO IT .

CHILD PROTECTION DOES NEED TO STEP IN AND EVALUATE HER AND THE KIDS SHE HAS NOW .

February 25, 2009, 8:13 am CST

Help with babies

If she would like America to take care of her children, then give them to 8 families who have waited for years to be blessed with a child.  Then America can take care of them.

February 25, 2009, 8:25 am CST

fOR THE LOVE OF LIFE OR LOVE OF MONEY

I wonder if the engineering of these children (all 14 of them) was a neurotic need by the mother for love or was it in fact  a way for her to have notiriety attached to a big pay off!  The bottom line is that 14 children will end up in great need for stability both emotionally and financially in the future.  Who will finally reach this woman to face this situation with open eyes towards the reality of what really is and not a fairy story that it appears she lives in?

February 25, 2009, 9:01 am CST

TV exposute

Quote From: tweediemays

This crazy women thinks she is going to get a TV show about her and her babies. I think we need to stop giving her attention. I feel sorry for the babies WHERE IS THE DAD? Is it the crazy doctor????????????
HELL  its Hollywood - lets get one of those CSI producers to come up with the B-H Doc's DNA so he will pay Child Support!  

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last