Message Boards

Topic : 02/25 Octuplets' Mom Talks to Dr. Phil

Number of Replies: 277
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, February 23, 2009, 06:59:59 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard2

"Outrageous, irresponsible and completely out of touch with reality" are just a few comments being said about Nadya Suleman, the single mother of six who recently gave birth to octuplets in California. In a daytime exclusive interview, Dr. Phil addresses the questions the public wants to know. Hear how she ended up with 14 babies, how she plans to take care of them, and if there be more children. And, Dr. Phil shares his thoughts of the single mother. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 25, 2009, 9:06 am CST

The Anger issue

Most people are past the initial shock of the irresponsability of this event, but the anger is valid: she knew what she was doing, she already had 6 children she could not support financially and parentally. Why have more if you cannot support the ones you have? Whether she meant for 8 is irrevalant, she shouldn't have had any more. She could not afford the ones she had. Also  the anger also stems from the fact that to some it may seem like she was doing this for selfish reasons and now tax payers are the ones to carry her and her childern. Why should everyone support her beacuse she made a irresponsible decision. You could almost see where this was headed after the first interview and responses from her PR team; they were looking for "help." That was the understatement of the year. Is she looking for help from companies, sponsors, money for books or interviews, what. The amount of "help" needed is outrageous. Lastly, she says she will be able to support her kids after she is done school, she must not be well, there is no way on her salary she could afford the ones she has now on that income . Her mother and children are paying for this. 

February 25, 2009, 9:26 am CST

Octo mom

I think that people should stay out of her buisness. It is her god given right to have as many kids as she wishes, just as it is every other woman's right. I applaud her for trying to get a collge degree. People need to quit interfering. What about all these other people that have 14 or 15 children? You don't see anyone complaing or talking about taking their children away, and it is all because they didn't have them all at one time.

I guess i just wish people would learn to mind their own buisness.

February 25, 2009, 9:31 am CST

She Scares Me ! ! !

This women clearly makes poor decisions.  This kind of mind set scares me with 14 kids, as a parent everyday you are making decisions for your kids that can affect them forever.  Its clear she listens to nobody.  I would love to help the kids, but not for the mom to decide to use the money for a tummy tuck or boob job.   Please, Dr. Phil set up a fund that is only used for the babies needs not a paypal account for the mom.

February 25, 2009, 9:32 am CST

concern

I just cant beleive your awe about this situation.

If you cant see thru her you are blind.

Look at the house she is in. Money!!! Every one knows she is making a fortune from your shows.

She has been offered 2 to 10 million dollars for her story.

There wont be any problem with money for thier care.

You hav all fallen right into her trap right up to your neck.

Just keep promoting her cause.

February 25, 2009, 9:54 am CST

Welfare Fraud

Dr.Phil the time line Nadya has said does not make sense. She mentioned that she had been on food stamps for 18 months. How can a mother be eligilbe for food stamps when she would of had 10K or more saved back as she mentioned to have babies. When a person applies for food stamps they can not have more than 300.00 in a savings account. Where was she hiding all this money? She would of had paid for this last IVF during the past 18 months while receiving food stamps. She had lied and hidden so much it appears to deceive her mother, the sperm donor and the goverment system. How can her mother be lossing her house when in a 1st interview she said she was paying rent to her mother.  Help us to understand the web the girl as weaved.

February 25, 2009, 9:57 am CST

02/25 Octuplets' Mom Talks to Dr. Phil

Quote From: maranda_kinney

I think that people should stay out of her buisness. It is her god given right to have as many kids as she wishes, just as it is every other woman's right. I applaud her for trying to get a collge degree. People need to quit interfering. What about all these other people that have 14 or 15 children? You don't see anyone complaing or talking about taking their children away, and it is all because they didn't have them all at one time.

I guess i just wish people would learn to mind their own buisness.

When will she have time to go back to school taking care of 14 kids.?  How will she pay for school ?  Who will watch her kids while she goes to school ?  Who will take care of them while she studies?  Who is going to pay for their food ?  Who will pay the rent ? Who will pay for the doctor bills ? Who is going to help the older kids do homework ? Who will have time to talk to the oder kids about their day at school ? I could go on forever... Its her god given right to be a responsible mother and be able to provide for her kids and she can not provide for them with anything not even a father.  She is asking for donations to her paypal account.  Thats why people are in her buisness ! ! !

February 25, 2009, 10:10 am CST

Upset !!!!

Dr. Phil,

I'm so glad ,You have her on your show,right now she can use some help,I'm sure she is stressed out and overwhelmed by all the media at her door ,the babies in the hosp. and more.I just want to ask what if all this had happened naturally,she would then be considered a miracle mom having 8 babies at once,then would people of our society,think differently about her.I'm so ashamed of the way everyone has be putting her down,let's just stop this and think of her babies,their , here now,so let's see what we can do to help her.I never in my life thought ,that there were so many evil people living among us!!!

February 25, 2009, 10:28 am CST

Facts not perception

Quote From: marie045

I'm so sick of the way people are perceiving this mother!! If the news broadcast had been upbeat and positive and joyful about this woman having 8 MIRACLES, everyone would have embraced her. BUT because CNN and other news stations STARTED the negative feedback and talk about her, everyone else just jumps on the ban-wagon!! Everyone should be ashamed of themselves! Give this lady a break. She has 14 children to care for and just as the former first lady had said, "It takes a village to raise a child!" It's going to take a full neighborhood/city/county to help raise these child with this Mom. I only wished I lived closer to offer my help!

God Bless her and her family

The news stations started out positive until they found out about the other six children by in vitro fertilization, no job, food stamps,SSI for three children, living with Grandma and paying no rent, having nails done, driving a really nice van, etc., etc., etc. Where does it end. These children were not miracles. They are more like science projects. Mom and Dr. should foot the bill (not the tax payers). They could be miracles for loving couples who want and deserve them.

February 25, 2009, 10:33 am CST

Octuplet Mom

I am appalled with the negative reactions from so many people about this women. Obviously, she has made a poor choice. That does not mean that she is crazy. She has a struggle ahead of her for sure. What has been done, is done. Now what can we do to help her? I am not a wealthy person myself yet, my heart goes out to her and her family. If I could, I would buy her a supply of diapers, formula or, provide child care for at least the first year of these babies lives. Couldn't you and Oprah help her???? The rest is just noise anymore. Why judge? HELP her. We go out of our way to help children and families in foreign countries. What about our own back yard?

February 25, 2009, 10:52 am CST

02/25 Octuplets' Mom Talks to Dr. Phil

Quote From: bugboy

I am appalled with the negative reactions from so many people about this women. Obviously, she has made a poor choice. That does not mean that she is crazy. She has a struggle ahead of her for sure. What has been done, is done. Now what can we do to help her? I am not a wealthy person myself yet, my heart goes out to her and her family. If I could, I would buy her a supply of diapers, formula or, provide child care for at least the first year of these babies lives. Couldn't you and Oprah help her???? The rest is just noise anymore. Why judge? HELP her. We go out of our way to help children and families in foreign countries. What about our own back yard?
I think alot of people sense something not quite right with the mom.  I think theirs been too many wrong choices to ignore.  These children could be in danger.  Did you see the conditions the 6 are living in now ? Its heartbreaking to even think of giving her 8 more.  Her mom & dad even see something not quite right.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last