Message Boards

Topic : 02/26 Octuplets' Mom Talks to Dr. Phil, Part 2

Number of Replies: 965
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, February 23, 2009, 07:06:45 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard2

Dr. Phil’s daytime exclusive with Nadya Suleman continues. The unemployed single mother of six who gave birth to octuplets answers the public’s number one question. Plus, Nadya’s mother, Angela, joins the discussion. How does she feel about her daughter’s decisions? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 26, 2009, 4:33 am CST

ocumom

are you kidding.

watched your interview with her, what she says about the being in the limelight ect, how she doens't like it, then why on earth is she  not refusing  ot go out and eating up this attention like candy...

She is nothign but a conartist, she wants to gte out ,she wants her side told so shecan people to feel sorry for her, her children, she knows this,she is holding the trump card..

another thing,    her paretns allowed  her to  gt away with this by taking her in. they enables her her, they a llowed  her to stay   fro allthsoe  years , supporting her due toher sob story,etc....instead fo kicking her butt out getitng a job to help support her own children ther are such things as daycare...

her excuse for lonely childhood,  reason tto have  children  , is  only an excuse.not to work that is the reason sehbecame a baby machine...

people with diabilities  do work ,do get jobs.

another thing she coudl ahve gone on to college after highschool got her degrees.instead of  getting married divorced,  choosing to have all those   children by introvetro.....

she claimed how miserable being pregnant. What about with a with a back injury. please.......

if she was able to have 6 children, carry  8 more.  then she could have gotten a desk  job  with her back injury..... come on  carrying a baby is  hard  on person's back let alone with a back injury.

sure   makes sense  ..

I'm sorry this woman is using her children to gain popularity,attention, to get what she wants, of course the media falls  for it..along with  other talk shows, sense they get  ratings.

due to the curiosity fof  people wanting to know about this woman  her lifestory...

i for onedon't buy any of it.  she can't even keep her stories straight with each interview..,look how she hopped and avoided  answering  your questions Dr.Phil..

I  do feel sorry for what those childrens lives  the situation  their mother put them in...      i do understand  about  its' the children...  sorry Dr..Phil but  there are other people out there in  more of  a crisis of losng their homes,  their jobs,  to be able to supprot  their  two /three  children,  yes even single mothers.... they are  in danger as well due to  this economy.funny i don't see them  out craving for attention to get help for thier children through the media..

another thing  if anyone         i certainly hope  who wants to  help will  have thebrains  not to donate her  just donate items.,maybe  a daycare can doanter their time, sitters to help out.... She got herself  in this mess by her own choosing she sure  as can get herself out of it by other means besides the media..giving her the attention she craves...

remember appearances can be decieving....

February 26, 2009, 4:35 am CST

Give the children a chance at life

If we help this woman we are opening a can of worms. She is on a mission to become famous. If we ask the diaper,crib companies, baby item manufactures to give free, we are just telling other unstable woman to do the same.

These baby should be given a chance at a good loving family. Adoption is the way to go.

Nayda is not fit to raise children. She is unstable, taking advantage of her parents and in her sick mind thinks she is going to become a reality star or famous. She reminds me of killers that kill for fame.

If we let this woman take these children home,we as a nation will be paying for her the rest of our lifes. The children will become unstable and repeat the family mistakes. They need to break the cycle of this crazy family.

February 26, 2009, 4:50 am CST

Missed the show

i didn't even watch the show because on my DVR it said it was something else... (another topic) so i deleted it!!!  I really would like to see it?  Does anyone know if i can somehow download and watch it?

February 26, 2009, 5:26 am CST

Get Real, Dr. Phil!!

Enabling a mentally unhealthy woman/child by sending money is IRRESPONSIBLE!!  What are you THINKING!!?  Even her won mother admts that Nadia doesn't take care of the first "batch", her mother  does.

What is best for the children is for them to be adopted out.  There are lots of loving families out there...this woman needs to take care of her own and support them HERSELF....I support TWO and get NO handouts...I would not expect any handouts.  Looks to me like she wants to sit on her ass and hug them all day.....for 45 minutes EACH???!! 

What's the matter w/you, Dr. Phil? 

CC

February 26, 2009, 5:33 am CST

Octomom

Your show yesterday was riveting Dr. Phil. Please ask the Octomom where she got the money to pay for all the IVF treatments. I have a really good young friend and her husband who are having a baby with a IVF surrogate and it is very expensive even when it does not work and when it does work? Maybe the Doctor is the Sperm Donor?

February 26, 2009, 5:40 am CST

Please!

First off,  why  would you even try to have another child when you already could not afford the ones you had and now want help for these, NO! Why should us as tax payers keep paying for kids that are not ours regardless if it was 1 or 8. This has to stop. If I can go out and get a job then so can she. Don't make babies that you cannot afford, if lay then you pay. She had enough money to pay to have them, then take care of them herself. We need to stop rewarding this act of having babies knowing that they cannot take care of them.

February 26, 2009, 5:44 am CST

02/26 Octuplets' Mom Talks to Dr. Phil, Part 2

Quote From: coastiesmith

I can not believe the foolish and just plain stupid remarks ppl have wrote re: this woman and also about her former PR. Are u kidding me??!! These ppl clearly have there own anger issues going on and are using this to vent because they are unhappy with their own lives. All this hope u go to hell and threatening to kill ppl, get a damn life ppl!! You dont think you'll go to hell for telling someone else you hope they do or that you wanna kill them? These ppl act like this woman had abused a child or is a pedifiler or a child murderer. If you ask my opinion those are the type of ppl who need to be punished. Yes, i agree she should not have had more children if she could not support the other kids, but its said and done now. I obviously dont know her but she doesnt seem stupid or neglectful of her children or abusive of them. I believe she gets whats going on and is just trying to maintain being positive. Does she need counceling on helping herself out with her feelings and so on? Yes i believe she should. But who out of our society doesnt have problems. And i agree if she was married and  one of them had a job no one would be complaining. Another thing i find stupid is everyone saying the taxpayers have to pick up the tab. Reality is even if we didnt have a welfare sysem we would be paying out our asses for taxes. Like for example our country has many ppl struggling but we can pay to another country billions after we have a war with them. We have sports players who make more then doctors who save lives. Our teachers who educate our nation and children get paid squat. So that being said, Nadya's biggest problem is she is trying to fill a void with love, well it may have been irresponsible but i think she already knows that and if thats the worst thing then im grateful that all of these children will have a mother who has so much love towards them. Of course money and stability and so on is needed to raise children but lets think of some of those who have that and do not love or raise their children like they should.

My main concern for her is that she seems confused on when it is okay for her to play God and when it is not.  In her interview when the subject of elective abortion came up she said that who is she to play God and select which should live or die.  If she believes in God as much as she says then she should realize that she played God to have these babies.  She did not naturally get preg.  I am not passing judgment but

I worry about what else she is confused about when it comes to playing God.  In the research I have done one of the main signs of psych health problems and major depression is the confusion on God and where your place is.  I wish all well and hope that this does go well for all.

February 26, 2009, 6:03 am CST

Concern for Octomum's children

Hello Dr. Phil and message board readers,

First, I congratulate the show for focussing on this topic, as it has worried me from the day I heard about the births and Nadya's dismal family situation.

Second, I would like to make a suggestion for the welfare of the children, particularly the newborns.  As you know, Dr. Phil, past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior.  Nadya has been unable to properly care for her children financially, not even able to provide adequate housing for them.  Despite all her talk, there is no reasonable expectation that she can care for the newborns.  If she is unable to take care of the family with their current needs, how in the world would she be able to care for future needs including any special needs and their education?  I also have suspicions about her ability to care for their emotional needs when she is apparently detached from reality.

Therefore my suggestion is that if she truly cares for those children, that she gives the newborns up for adoption, possibly in pairs so that they can have an honest chance for survival and a bright future.  There are so many loving couples out there who are eager and ABLE to provide loving homes for children. 

If she does not come to a solution equivalent to this, she is thinking only of her own neurotic needs.

Just an idea.  And possibly a prayer that these babies, and of course her previous children will be carried into a much more healthly situation.

Thank you again for pursuing this topic,

Jo Ann from Canada

February 26, 2009, 6:27 am CST

Compassion with Sensibility

While I feel compassion and concern for the welfare of all fourteen of Nadya's children, I feel none for her or this situation she has created.  I am watching part II of Dr. Phil's interview with her now and I cannot believe the depth of her denial.  She is very manipulative.  She has used others to care for those she had before and she seeks to use even more people to care for those she is about to bring home.  She is using those babies to fill a personal void and to support her lifestyle.  She has no desire to work and is looking at the financial gains to be had at the expense of people who have compassion for those beautiful little babies.  This girl does not need to be responsible for fourteen children.  It is my greatest hope that these babies will not be turned over to her.  I hope to hear very soon that the state has taken the children from her and that they are being adopted out to loving couples who have tried in vain to have one of their own.  Couples who have careers and can provide for the children.  Stable individuals who know what it takes to care for these little souls.  I'm not in a great situation myself and that might be the reason I have no sympathy at all for Nadya.  I was married when I had my children.  Turns out I chose wrong and now I am divorced with a son and daughter to care for.  I am recieving social services help in the form of food and medical assistance.  I am earning scholarships, recieving grants, and taking out maximum student loans to get me through a bachelor's degree program that will allow me to become an elementary school teacher.  I stopped at two children.  I saw the awesome responsibility and I am stepping up to improve our situation and break a horrible cycle of generational underachievement.  People like me don't get extra assistance from the general public.  We don't expect the handouts that Nadya is asking for.  We work and we struggle and we pull ourselves up.  She is behaving as if she has hit the financail jackpot and that these babies are her ticket to lots of free stuff.  This woman is selfish and unworthy of sympathy.  I pray every night for the welfare of those babies - all fourteen of them.

February 26, 2009, 6:27 am CST

Help for Octuplets

The best way to help thrse lovely babies is to have them adopted by dedicated, loving parents that can provide for them.  This is not a situation money can solve.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last