Message Boards

Topic : 02/26 Octuplets' Mom Talks to Dr. Phil, Part 2

Number of Replies: 965
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, February 23, 2009, 07:06:45 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard2

Dr. Phil’s daytime exclusive with Nadya Suleman continues. The unemployed single mother of six who gave birth to octuplets answers the public’s number one question. Plus, Nadya’s mother, Angela, joins the discussion. How does she feel about her daughter’s decisions? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 26, 2009, 8:03 am CST

What about adoption

I am so annoyed by this woman - she is calculated, quick to answer and very unrealistic.  If she only intended to have 1 more (which was ignorant in itself) then why are we being asked to help financially.  Why isn't foster care or adoption appropriate for the remaining 7?  It is my understanding she was hoping for another girl so keep a girl and give the rest to proper homes that can financially and emotionally take care of these children.  There is absolutely no way I would give her a dime.  I realize it is the children in crisis however she will continue to make a circus of her children to better her position in life.  She is nuts.  Adoption would be the most selfless act she provide the extra 7 that she did not intend to have.  It used to be said "Don't have more than you can afford".  She can't even afford the 6 she already has and the conditions of the home are filthy.  I can only hope the state steps in with a heavy hand and makes this right for the children that she can not responsibly care for.

February 26, 2009, 8:03 am CST

Mother

Quote From: foxyt_01

THE WAY THIS LADY IS BEING LOOKED AT IS AS A BAD MOTHER WHO HAS MADE SOME BAD DECISIONS.  WHO ARE WE TO JUDGE WHAT IS WRONG OR RIGHT?  WHAT LAW DID SHE BREAK.  PEOPLE ARE SAYING THAT HER KIDS SHOULD BE TAKEN AWAY FROM HER BECUSE SHE IS ON WELFARE AND HAS TOO MANY KIDS.  THERE ISN'T ANY MENTAL OR EMOTIONAL OR PHYSICAL ABUSE TO THESE CHILDREN.  THEY (THE OLDER ONES) APPEAR TO BE WELL LOVED AND WELL FED.  SO MY QUESTION IS, IF A PERSON IS ON WELFARE IS THIS REASON TO TAKE AWAY THE CHILDREN?  I WOULD ASK IF HAVING TOO MANY KIDS IS REASON BUT SEEING AS THERE IS NO LAW THAT SAYS HOW MANY KIDS YOU CAN HAVE, THAT SHOULDN'T MATTER AS LONG AS THEY ARE CARED FOR AND NOT ABUSED.

TKX <3

They were  taken care of by HER MOTHER! WITH WHAT THE POOR WOMAN HAD TO SHARE >>>WHILE HER DAUGHTER LIVED IN HER  OWN  WORLD . 

February 26, 2009, 8:04 am CST

What a way to make a living!

Quote From: create_luv

((((((((((((((CLAP   CLAP  CLAP   CLAP   CLAP   CLAP   CLAP )))))))))))))))

WHAT A PERFORMANCE BY Ms. SULEMAN!!!!!!  She's even got Dr. Phil fooled!   HaHaHa

Ms. Sulemans got a future in the MOVIES!!!!  CLAP CLAP CLAP

Like Dr. Phil said, "Ms. Suleman dances around the questions."  She is very evasive and cunning.

I think she deliberately planned  this pregnacy to go her way and hoped that this big event would be her meal ticket out of the situation she is in.  FORECLOSURE!   Ms. Suleman told Dr. Phil that she will be getting help from people.  WHO?????  Her other SIX KIDS??????   YEP!!!!

I believe that Ms. Suleman has serious MENTAL problems.  I think Ms. SULEMAN has spent a lot of time in therapy.  I believe Ms. Suleman has serious problems with MEN!  I wonder which guy dumped her?   Maybe, Denis Beaudoin??? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM   ...and Ms. SULEMAN wants to be a COUNSELOR????  HAHAHA

I think Ms. SULEMAN has spent a lot of time in therapy.  I beleive Ms. Suleman carefully PLANS everything she says and does.  I believe that Ms. Suleman had this sick and twisted plan to make the impossible happen.  It did.  I would like to know why Ms. Suleman doesn't have a MAN in her life??

If there was a man in her life, living with her, would she be able to collect Assistance for her children????

CLAP   CLAP  CLAP

GREAT PERFORMANCE MS. SULEMAN!!!!!

You've mesmerized the media and Dr. Phil to feel sorry for you.  HAHAHA  

Ms. Suleman has probably driven her mother CRAZY with her  BS!  

Ms. Suleman has a future in the movies!!!!   HaHaHa

CLAP CLAP  CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP 

I totally agree.  She deliberately planned all of this.

I through no fault of my own lost my job.  Now I am faced with the horrific reality that not only will I probably lose all that I have worked for my entire life, but how will I support my only daughter.  This blissfully ignorant woman who had 6 children paid for by what I understand was a lawsuit settlement of some kind, gets fertilized with 8 eggs.  She was already getting help for her other children and not working and made this kind of irrational decision.  Am I angry, yes!  Perhaps the people who have worked hard all their lives, practiced safe sex and made rational decisions, but are now faced with unemployment rates and foreclosures should have followed her example. 

Dr. Phil will buy her a home, pay for care for the children, and even offer counseling. 

Shame on you Dr. Phil for rewarding such irresponsibility!!!! 

Who will come to my rescue, no one.  The children need help, that is a fact.  They need to be taken away from this insane woman who is obviously out of touch with reality!!!  Let's reward the ones who know how to work the system.  I agree, what a performance. 

February 26, 2009, 8:11 am CST

Oct Mom and Adoption

What ever happened to people who could not care for their children giving them up for adoption?  I feel that "enabling" her to bring these children home will only "enable" and "justify" her irresponsible behavior.  She should be no different than anyone else.  She should be forced to give these children to a loving family who can care for them.

February 26, 2009, 8:12 am CST

Octomom

Dr. Phil you should not ask anyone to donate $ to this woman. She NEVER should have had more children when she already could not afford the SIX that she already had. I'm SICK AND TIRED of paying for other people's bad choices. And I'm SICK and TIRED of people like you defending their choices. If you think she deserves help YOU give her the $$. You have plenty of it.

February 26, 2009, 8:15 am CST

I think you are right Dr. Phil to some degree!

I agree with Dr. Phil and some of the other viewers...but when you said at the end of the program that she called crying and said that reality settled in.  How much of that is really true.  I think that the tears could be her just using them for sympathy.  That is my guess.  But I know one thing that Dr. Phil has said and that is that we cant give up on those 14 children.  They didn't ask for all this and we have to put them first.  My suggestion to the mother is that she thinks really hard about this and think about giving them up for adoption like her mother said in the beginning. 

February 26, 2009, 8:16 am CST

Angry and sick to death of helping people who make bad choices

I never have taken the time to post my feelings in the past but today after watching yur show and your call for help for this women upset me greatly....

I am 36 single and without children....  I am at the stage in my life where I want children VERY BADLY but haven't found the right man or feel I could sucessfully be the mother I would like to be if I went it alone.  I  have NO SYMPATHY for this women or the situation she created for herself.  I believe she is a good women who loves children but for her to do this to make herself happy is CRAZY.   WHY DO YOU FEEL YOU CAN ASK THE COUNTRY FOR HELP FOR HER????   I makes me so angry if she truly wants whats best for these children she should put them up for adoption and give a couple who is struggling a blessing.  SHE CANT AFFORD THEM AND HAS NO WAY TO TAKE CARE OF THEM..  Looking at the current conditions she lives in makes me sad for her 6 kids.  She made the choice knowing she was struggling and I feel she should live with her choices.  Her feeling is LOVE is what her family and home is based on so that is what she should live on!!!   I would love to have children but right now I can't afford to be a single parent so instead of fulfilling my needs I feel waiting (though I might ruin my chances to conceive) till I can support a family is the BEST CHOICE FOR A BABY!   If people want to help with time....that is great but to give this women money is the worst way to help... it only validates her BAD choices. 

Dr. Phil you were not  tough on this women and did not ask her the important question.....  HOW WAS SHE PROVIDING FOR HER 6 CHILDREN AND HOW WILL SHE PROVIDE FOR HER 8!!!  HOW DID SHE PAY FOR THESE TREATMENTS AND WHY WASN'T THAT MONEY BEING SPENT ON HER CHILDREN!!!!!    We all need to forget about this women and her pan handling as she surely has already made a fortune on all these interviews!

SHE IS A SELFISH STUPID WOMEN AND THE ONLY PERSON I FEEL FOR IS HER MOTHER AS SHE IS THE ONE WHO SEEMS TO BE THE NUMBER ONE CAREGIVER ANDTAKER OF THIS BURDEN!

DR PHIL STOP PAN HANDLING FOR THIS WOMEN.....AND SAYING ITS FOR THE CHILDREN....  IF YOU FEEL SO BAD FOR THESE CHILDREN YOU GIVE HER A HOME WITH YOUR MILLIONS!  STOP USING YOUR INFLUENCE TO GET LITTLE OLD LADIES TO SEND MONEY TAHT THEY CAN'T AFFORD TO HELP THESE POOR BABIES!  WERE IN A RECESSION NOT THAT YOUR FEELING IT!

February 26, 2009, 8:18 am CST

I know where this is going

Quote From: ncgranny

I'd like to know why she hasn't accepted the offer that Angels in Waiting made on the Good Morning America show?

I will not donate anything unless there is someone to see to it my money is used directly for the children. I wouldn't buy the mom a fresh breath of air, and that's free! She has shown over and over again what comes first......SHE DOES!

And why exactly do we need to know about her sex live? Or lack there of? She can be ask questions 24/7, but you know what? She does not have to answer.

No matter what, she will be getting my tax dollars. But good lord, don't ask me to fork over even more. All that disability money was spent on herself. Why the heck didn't she use some of that money to keep a roof over her other 6 kids heads?

Let me open my purse and see what I have to give?

NOT ONE THIN DIME!

Dr. Phil is a very intelligent man, however I know exactly where this is going.  Dr. Phil, please don't expect to find compassion for this woman with me.  I realize that the children will need help.  However, I wouldn't give one penny to this irresponsible woman.  I lost my job through no fault of my own.  The recession is bearing down on everyone I know.  My sister's husband who has worked for 17 years has lost his job.  My sister is now responsible for supporting her family. One that she planned for and worked to take care of.  You expect me to open my mind and my heart to a woman who is obviously blissfully ignorant to the world and the realities we are facing right now.  I don't feel one ounce of pity for this woman.  Take the children and place them for adoption with families who are begging for babies.  She has love to give?  Please, since when does love pay the bills.  You have to be willing to think about supporting for and providing for your children.  That's love.  That's responsibility.  I wouldn't allow her to babysit my dog! 

February 26, 2009, 8:18 am CST

Give the kids a break

If all those children were home, and CPS investigated, they would be removed.  Asking for donations to be sent to help with the six at home is fine.  Asking donations to be sent to assist in bringing the other eight into this situation is as "Polly" as she is.  Do you really think she will ever be able to met the needs of these eight babies?  NEVER, someone else will always be supporting them, so they should go to other homes where their future will be secure now. 

February 26, 2009, 8:19 am CST

Donations?

Dr. Phil,

People in this country do have hearts and give so freely to those who are in need because of some

type of tragic event that has put them in those heartbreaking and often hopeless situations. These families don't cause these life altering changes to occur intentionally.

The problem people have with reaching out to help Nayda is her actions, thoughts and words clearly indicate from as early as 1999, she has been focused on how she can manipulate the system, her family, and now the public to take financial responsibility for her and her children. During your interview with her she made statements referring to she will be able to take care of all the children with the help of others, especially  those who have offered to volunteer and donate money. She has no problem with asking for donations and shifting her responsibilities onto others. If she was mentally stable, she wouldn't have willingly become pregnant again.

The burden should not be place on society for her manipulative actions. The Social Services should do a thorough investigation of her and make sure all the needs of her six children are met. As for those beautiful, innocent babies, they really should be given up for adoption. Being a mother of four, that seems like a very harsh statement to make, but the reality of it all is she will not be able to provide 14 children the financial and emotional stability as well as the care they need and deserve.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last