Message Boards

Topic : 08/26 How to Have More Sex, Less Fighting

Number of Replies: 107
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 27, 2009, 02:12:47 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 03/03/09) Send the kids out of the room because Dr. Phil is talking about sex! Was the passion off the charts when you first started dating your spouse, but now your bedroom is a dead zone? If so, it’s time to resuscitate your relationship! With the help of Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, host of TLC’s Shalom in the Home and author of the book, The Kosher Sutra: Eight Sacred Secrets for Reigniting Desire and Restoring Passion for Life, Dr. Phil speaks with couples who say they’ve lost their libidos and want to bring back the magic. First up is Joy and Mark who say they haven’t had sex in almost four years. In fact, Joy says the last great sex she had was in 1988! Find out why Mark is terrified to make love to his wife. And, Kim and Adam have been married only four months and say they fight more than they have sex. How can they enjoy the honeymoon phase when they go to bed mad at each other? Plus, don’t miss the top five reasons you should have sex! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 3, 2009, 2:03 pm CST

Just the basics

What do you do when want attention and affection without it always leading to sex?  How about if you have communicated this to your mate, the behavior changes for a couple of weeks and then right back to the same pattern.  And, how about if you have communicated this numerous times over a decade?

March 3, 2009, 2:06 pm CST

03/03 show

In reply to todays show the one thing nobody takes in to account is what is called the E&P Effect.  Both men and women can be an Emotional Sexual and Physical Sexual.  Here is a link to 2 videos that Explain Relationships and how they work.  They are very well done and you learn alot about Sexual relationships. 

http://www.hypnosis.edu/streaming/ep/

hope you enjoy

March 3, 2009, 2:08 pm CST

there is more that could be done

On the first couple that were on there, and he was saying that he has had 5 heart attacks, and is on 9 different meds, so that is why he doesnt have much sex and worrying about having a heart attack while having sex, But you know it doesnt always have to do with him having the sex, there is a thing called ORAL SEX, that he could do for her, i think that would be just as satisfying , I think that would even help some too. I dont think that would get his heart goin as fast as if they were having intercourse, so there is ways around to please her. Also there is alot of sex toys out there too that they could try and that would be something different for them as well to experiment with.  

March 3, 2009, 2:08 pm CST

03/03 How to Have More Sex, Less Fighting

Quote From: hmh9109

OK gist - his advice was very appropriate to the economy actually. More stress, more fighting = less sex. i'm inspired to talk to my husband and try to behave myself back to feeling more "in the mood". The thought of sex (for no known reason) makes me wanna curl up in the fetal position....

I would like to be in the mood more if getting affection and attention didn't always have to lead to sex.  I am not only inspired to talk to my husband but have communicated this desire.  It changes for a while but then he slips back into the old routine.  After years now, I feel stressed when he approaches me with any sort of affection.  I wish I knew how to get beyond this tension.

March 3, 2009, 2:09 pm CST

Infertility

I have seen several shows on sexless marriages, but I have never seen one that addresses the issues that infertility can cause in a marriage or relationship (I haven't even seen it being referred to at all...).   My husband and I struggled for years to conceive and then had two miscarriages; one of which led to me being extremely and seriously ill.  We are fortunate that we were eventually able to have two beautiful children. However, the damage to our intimate relationship is very significant.  I know that we are not alone. Infertility affects one in every six to one in eight couples depending on who's statistics you're looking at.  I wish Dr. Phil would do a show on how this specific issue leads to many issues surrounding intimacy.  And if anyone has any thoughts or ideas on this, I'd love to hear them because we are really struggling.

March 3, 2009, 2:10 pm CST

sex and relationships

i cant believe I'm actually posting this on a public message board

1st Dr  Phil needs a lesson on pronouncing Hebrew names ha ha

I'm 45 single and my last relationship ended 3 yrs ago

I use to have an above average sex drive, I thought id go nuts if i wasn't getting any.. but since the breakup I have had no interest at all. NONE

I lost both ovaries due to early cancer but i dont believe that has anything to do with it I think my lack of

sex-drive and not wanting to be with a man has to do with the fact that MEN ARE IDIOTS and 13 seconds of sex isn't worth all that goes into a relationship

I'M DONE

I'M FED UP WITH MEN

AND I DINT CARE IF I EVER HAVE IT AGAIN

thanks men !! for f***ing up my life

March 3, 2009, 2:11 pm CST

sex?

Sex is so over rated ..

big deal !!

March 3, 2009, 2:12 pm CST

03/03 How to Have More Sex, Less Fighting

Quote From: hmh9109

OK gist - his advice was very appropriate to the economy actually. More stress, more fighting = less sex. i'm inspired to talk to my husband and try to behave myself back to feeling more "in the mood". The thought of sex (for no known reason) makes me wanna curl up in the fetal position....

No you are not the only one I think what he said will help my marriage a lot. If we have more sex and less fighting we probably would have a lot more happier people, people who will want to go to work and come home spend time with the family, or make a family with the one they love.

March 3, 2009, 2:13 pm CST

sex

Sex is not a cure all ..

Grow up.

Sex is a celebration of life not just something to do to kill boredom.

I was shocked to see how sexually addicted the USA had become when I returned from Vietnam.

You don't see it because your living it.

Get away from the USA for about 3 months and away from the media that uses sex to sell their junk and you will see what I mean.

March 3, 2009, 2:13 pm CST

Sex...I get it

I am a single woman the same age as Robin MsGraw. Every day I see and hear men talk about how their wives don't have sex with them any more. I always know why. For exactly those same reasons Dr Phil And the Rabi espouse.

But the real problem arises when I, as a single woman, get out there to date.In the first place those same men are now out of their marriages and on the prowl and they think, despite their bulging waistlines and balding headds and overall disrepair,that they are entitled to Pamela Anderson look alikes. And, that she should be panting for sex with them!  In the second place, they think that as they have been deprived of sex for so many years   I, as a single woman, owe them sex from the get go. No likeee,no buyee...I have many single women friends, all attractive, well cared for and youthful who just dont give a care about getting a date or a guy. The stakes are too high. Not only are they expected to be the wife, the caregiver, the maid and the chef but now they are expected to go to the gym five times a day,do botox, have breast lifts and tummy tucks to boot- and pay for it all!.

Where is the man's resonsibility in all this. Why don't they get that if they don't have sex for months that they are part of the problem - and certainly part of the solution?

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last