Message Boards

Topic : 03/09 Gold-Digging Secrets Revealed

Number of Replies: 183
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, March 05, 2009, 01:53:09 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Is it wrong to go dating for dollars? Dr. Phil’s guests say if you want to court them, you have to pay to play! Baje says she uses sex appeal to get cash, jewelry and expensive trips from men. She says she never leaves home without her "gold-digging kit," and you won’t believe what it contains! Her friend, Michelle, says Baje taught her all the secrets to getting money from men, and she doesn't see anything wrong with accepting gifts from wealthy suitors. With the help of an NFL superstar, Dr. Phil teaches these materialistic ladies a lesson they won't forget. Then, attorney Lauren Lake says gold digging is "two sandwiches short of a prostitution picnic," but Lucia, a radio talk show host, says that using men for money is no worse than men using women for sex. Don’t miss their heated debate! And, Emilie says she's not a gold digger; she’s just looking for a rich man to support her extravagant lifestyle. Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 5, 2009, 3:06 pm CST

YOU GET WHAT YOU ASK FOR

Dr. Phil I wish that I was financially able to be a guest on your show when you talk about women using men for money and men using women for sex!  This has been the oldest profession in history and will never end.  I talk to and council young women or older women, teenage girls and men trying to get them to think seriously about what they are doing when they do this.  The way I see it when you are exchanging money for sex there is never a "relationship" forming,  but an arrangement; and Dr. what gets me so hot and bothered is when some of my so called intelligent friends ask me why is my man beating me and why we don't have a good relationship; I immediately take them down the road as to how they first attracted that man or how he first attracted that woman!  It is no secret  that the average man is attracted to sex and the average woman is attracted to money!  The problem comes in when you want to stop putting out that sex or money like you once did then all hell breaks loose.  This is why so many relationships end up in domestic violence.  Tina Turner said it best "WHATS LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT"!! Then the question can be answered "ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!"  People are so very supervicial in today's society that the norm is to get a man for his money (nothing then matters his age, his treatment toward you, his known track record of abuse) or get a women for her body (she too can be young, old, dumb as a rock or diseased) All that becomes important is to make that "arrangement";  which ultimately ends in physical and mental instability of most women and some men.  I believe that we need to teach especially women to go out and work for what you want yourself and if a man do come along don't give up everything to please him!  Have a mine of your own.  If God did not want women to thinkg for themselves he would not have given them a brain!!!     Just wanted to comment since I can't be there for the show!!!!  I am in the process of doing a documentary that I pray will help more women and men to realize that this out of control domestic violence can most of the time be prevented, just by taking heed to the tail tail signs early in the relationships and don't dismiss them, because most of the time they will not go away but get worse!

March 6, 2009, 3:37 pm CST

Doctor Phil Show.

Digg Doctor Gold Ing Phil Revealed Secrets. Olt ho here we go again on Digging Gold and getting rich------

that is not good at all. See you on March Monday 09th, 2009. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-------------

March 9, 2009, 3:57 am CDT

These women aren't gold diggers

Getting  free drinks or cheap clothes is laughable. I haven't seen the show but I guarantee they aren't getting much from these men. I watched an episode of the real housewives of atlanta and this guy was paying this women bills. She lived in a mansion, had expensive cars and all kinds of gifts she is a gold digger. These women are probably penny pinchers and would be happy with a free night on the town which would cost a few hundred bucks. I wish they would do a follow up show with these women when they are in their forty's and see how they end up with broke guys who treat them like garbage.

March 9, 2009, 6:37 am CDT

03/09 Gold-Digging Secrets Revealed

well your Gold-digging show. here is my take. 

I kind of understand these women and where their coming from.

It's a payback to all those guys that hit on women and yes they expect more then you want to give or they think you owe them.  Our society doesn't have nice girlfriend/boyfriend relationships or at least they are far and few between.  I have found that most and yes I say most men don't want a committment,

So sure I would be up to taking a guy for his money.   nothing wrong with that.  Dr Phil you and Robin are the exception to the rule.  You got tegether back when people respected a relationship and wanted just that.   I'm going to be 52 fairly attractive and have not found one guy who wants a serious relationship.  I am to the point of giving back what I received. 

if those girls can 'easily' get men to spill their money. . . good for them! 

March 9, 2009, 6:53 am CDT

Women -vs- Men

Its not right for women to be gold diggers but yet we don't say anything to men who are just looking for sex from women.  I understand where the women are coming from but at the end of the day if they don't give someone a chance, they will miss that one great guy.  As a women it is hard to live in a society where you are not classified as a gold digger, a whore, or too independent.  So what do men really want?  How do women find the type of guy that they are really looking for?  It is hard and alot of work in the dating game..too many pros and cons...too many double standards...

March 9, 2009, 7:12 am CDT

gold diggers

gold diggers like the ones that were on the show today really make me  so mad, because its women like them that used my brother for his money and after it was all gone she left him and he ended up neglecting himself and dying, gold diggers should have a taste of their own medicone and see  how they like it

March 9, 2009, 8:02 am CDT

Your Statistics Proved Her Point

Dr. Phil,

When I was naive about men, I would have been appauled by "gold diggers".  Now, at age 47, I say, "You go Girl!"  As a divorced mother of 2 daughters, I raised my children with no help of any sort from a man.  I searched for many years for a "good" man believing the myth that one would show up, love us, and offer help.  I had a few long term relationships, and gave each of them everything I had, including money, to help the relationship function well.  I received nothing back except more responsibilities.  The young ladies on your Gold Diggers show fortunately accepted the reality that all women are dealing with when dealing with men as best we can.  It's not the Gold Diggers that you need to work on.  It's the 36%, more than 1/3rd, of the male population, who simply want sex and have no interest in the work of a relationship.

Sincerely,

A Moral Woman,

Julie Fox

March 9, 2009, 8:07 am CDT

gold diggers

it seems thats all there is available out there, i was married to a gold digger and a cheater back in 1994 and since then thats all i seem to find out there. the way they operate is when the money is gone their gone, it's worse when the gold digger has kids in tow cause they teach the kids the same thing!!!!

March 9, 2009, 8:34 am CDT

Suckers for golddiggers

This show should of had the men that were suckers enough to pay these women on it,in the real world men with street sense who are not geeks and who grew up with the proper upbringing would never pay for these women . Shows like the bachelor and such are very distorted it does not show what all men think I came from the side of life where a man had to be articulate,creative, and artistic we had to have game and a good mouth piece. We need men who know how to play the game on these shows in order to teach these dumb men who are paying for women thus creating this travesty. 

March 9, 2009, 12:31 pm CDT

She is giving us a bad name.

I am sitting here watching your show and frankly, she gives good women a bad name.  I get approached for sex a lot also, but it's just a test to see how much you love yourself.  Just because you are approached that way, doesn't mean that it's all they are after.  No is such a powerful word.  If they want more, when you turn them down, and they remain, then you can begin setting the standards for what you want.  It is so frustrating as a woman who gets prejudged based upon their actions.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last