Message Boards

Topic : 08/28 Love and Lies

Number of Replies: 53
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 06, 2009, 06:11:20 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard2

(Original Air Date: 03/12/09) Dr. Phil issues a strong warning to abusers: “If you're going to try to sell to me that it's OK to hit a woman, you need to circle the wagons, because I’m coming!” Vicki says her ex-husband, Ernie, was loving and charming when they first met, but he soon went from “Mr. Perfect to Mr. Psycho” and got physical with her twice. Ernie went to jail for beating Vicki, but he says he’s rehabilitated and wants a second chance. Should Vicki take him back or kick him to the curb for good? Then, fans were shocked and outraged when photos of a bruised and battered Rihanna surfaced, and her then-boyfriend, R&B singer Chris was accused of the assault. Dr. Phil reflects on meeting the young man. And, find out why a criminal defense lawyer says Brown should not do jail time. Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 7, 2009, 10:50 am CST

Doctor Phil Show.

Cult Doctor Follow Of Out Phil The Up. I donot like cult at all but I do belive in God. See you on Thursday-----

March 12th, 2009. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.----------------------------------------------------------------------

March 9, 2009, 9:45 am CDT

03/12 Out of the Cult Follow-Up

Noticed a two-day skip between the show on gold-diggers and this one. And, know that yet another Nadya Suleman "interview" is advertised for 3/10. Hope it won't be another two-parter. We're getting tired of this nut-case.

March 12, 2009, 7:29 am CDT

I am thankful i got out

i am a 38 year old woman with a 12 year old girl.  i have been involved in a very unhealthy relationship for a little over two years.  i watched today's show (Love and Lies) upon the advice of a good friend and was very drawn to the situation.  i just this past monday obtained a 6 month restraining order from my ex boyfriend.  we, to say the least, had many problems as the couple on today's show.  yet we tried, and tried again....why did i keep going back...why did i put my daughter in a very dangerous situation, why did i loose all of my friends....they disapproved....and rightly so....i was physically abused many times and verbally abused all day every day....the last incident ended with my head being crushed in the front door of the house for what seemed like an eternity, yet it was in reality only about a minute....i just want to say that as hard it is and was to leave him...i did it....i am still very hurt emotionally and physically but luckily have a very strong support system behind me.  i just want to say that it can be done, the circle of violence will never change and i completely agree wtih Dr. Phil....there is NO GOING BACK to that kind of relationship unless each individual works out their own issues seperately.  It has become very apparent to me, as Dr. Phil said today, there is something wrong within myself that kept me going back as well....i am currently in counseling and reading many self help books....If you have any words of wisdom for me and my child or any suggestions as to books that should be read, i will greatly appreciate it.....

March 12, 2009, 8:26 am CDT

03/12 Love and Lies

Quote From: ramair

Noticed a two-day skip between the show on gold-diggers and this one. And, know that yet another Nadya Suleman "interview" is advertised for 3/10. Hope it won't be another two-parter. We're getting tired of this nut-case.
Couldn't agree more.   No more Nadia Suleman please.

March 12, 2009, 8:37 am CDT

Thanks Dr. Phil

I watched todays show and i'm there were going on 30 years of it  it gets deeper and deeper the longer you stay in that situation i've been trying to figure out for the last 5 years how to break the circle and you said it even though i didn't want to hear it. you said that even i feel the victim i'm the problem and i need to fix myself . i'm seeing consueling but they just say i'm bipolar i guess thats been answers for alot of us women and mybe men in this situation. i do love my husband he says  he does he abusive, physcial and emotion and cheated said i need to get over it i've try boy have i try . i leave cause he says he can't stand me then 6 months to a yaer he wants me back all that timehe knows i'm on disablitiy  and finacally short of living on my own says if i file he'll leave town if i could afford but that i don't see possible. but i know when i see my couseler i need to work on me not him or how much i love him because i do feel that i deserve what he gives me , why i don't know i think i could be a pretty decent lady (wow ) just saying that was just a wow moment. i really hope you get though to many of your viewer because i know alot of us!!!!!

March 12, 2009, 12:48 pm CDT

You are always right!

Dr.Phil is SO right on when he speaks about abuse. I was in an abusive relationship for 10 years. I blamed myself. I look back now and as myself "what was I thinking?"

I thought divorce was wrong,  and I was only 16 when my mom signed for me to get married. It was the most horrible experience of my life. I left. I am now married to a wonderful man and I have an AMAZING 2 year old son. Praise the Lord! I love you Dr.Phil!

March 12, 2009, 1:02 pm CDT

Lessons from Mom

One of the most important lessons I ever learned from my mom:  She always told me that if a man hit her just once, she'd be out the door and he'd be talking to her lawyer.  I've been married to my husband for 35 years and he wouldn't so much as tell me to "be quiet", let alone anything else.  It's a matter of total respect and if you don't have that in a marriage or a relationship with any man, you don't have anything that even resembles respect, let alone love.  Women who put up with abuse in the name of love are seriously deceiving themselves and need to get a backbone!

March 12, 2009, 1:06 pm CDT

love and lies

Quote From: tyler1

Couldn't agree more.   No more Nadia Suleman please.
i am a victim of domestic abuse i have been out of that relation ship for 20 yrs.but the scars of what that man did to me are still with me i will never be another mans punching bag.

March 12, 2009, 1:18 pm CDT

I need some tools

Dr. Phil,

Thank-you for doing this show today.  I too am an emotionally damaged soul whose childhood left me seeking people through which I could emotionally abuse myself as an adult.  I know now that now thanks to your book Self Matters that I used  this Autumn to discover this about myself.  Half of the battle is acknowledging what the problem is: I keep dating my mother, same outcome because I don't think I deserve better.  I am convinced to fall for "him", I fall for "him", "he" abandons me, the rejection is extremely painful, I never see "him" again, repeat.  This time though, I have a man whose baby I am carrying and he wants to file for paternity which is good, but he doesn't love me.  I do not have the tools to see this person dating other people right now.  I hate these feelings of jealousy and anger towards his rejection of me, I know in my head that I wouldn't want to be with someone who isn't in love with me, but I still feel jealous.  How do I or where do I go to get the tools for myself to reprogramme my heart so that I no longer feel these intense emotions and properly get over him? He doesn't live here, but with visitation, he will be taking my baby which is his legal right and we will see eachother for the next 21 yrs.  So please tell me how to move myself through this type of grief, heal my pain from my childhood, and reprogramme my head and heart so that I can see him as a good father but, not the love of my life.  Please how do you see someone due to legal arrangements but, not have any feelings anymore for them?  I wish you could be my therapist!  I love your style of therapy.  God Bless MumFoxx 

March 12, 2009, 1:29 pm CDT

Vikki

Vikki should not even CONSIDER being with her ex husband after he has lied , abused and cheated on her. She should not think that she does not deserve any better. She needs to throw him to the curb immediatly, and not even be THINKING about taking him back! Love is not suppost to hurt! She deserves sooo much better, and she needs time to heal. Counseling is always good, but going back to him is the worst thing she could possibly do!!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last