Message Boards

Topic : 03/11 Dr. Phil Meets the Octuplets

Number of Replies: 385
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, March 09, 2009, 05:57:17 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard2

Nadya Suleman, mother of octuplets plus six other kids, joins Dr. Phil to continue her first interview in front of a live audience. No one outside of the immediate family and hospital staff, has ever met the octuplets … until now. Go inside the hospital with Dr. Phil and Nadya to meet Jonah, Jeremiah, Josiah, Makai, Isaiah, Noah, Nariyah and Maleeyah, and find out how they're really doing. Then follow Nadya during her visit with Jonah, the only octuplet still in the neonatal intensive care unit, and see their precious moments together. Some of the babies will come home any day now, but the specialized care they need is astronomical in scope. Linda and Jackie from Angels In Waiting break down the realities of what it's going to take to care for these newborns. You'll be surprised to learn every detail they must consider to make the transition a success. Also, the women raise concerns about Nadya's new house. And, a few more angels surprise Nadya and her children with their generosity. You don't want to miss a minute of this show! Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 11, 2009, 9:50 am CDT

03/11 Dr. Phil Meets the Octuplets

Quote From: dansangar1

As usual we reward people for bad decisions.  I realize the children are innocent and aren't responsible for their birth mothers choices, but come on, this is simply not right.  Look at the mansion she will be moving into.  Then they are picking it apart as if it is run down and decrepit.  My home doesn't look like that nor can we afford anything like that and we are hard working, tax paying individuals.  Guess we did something wrong when we chose to take the moral and ethical path in life.  Guess we could have had all this is we stay unemployed, keep producing children and have no father figure in the picture.  Seems our country rather help them than those that are being responsible for their actions and paying their way.  Sad world we live in.

I have to agree with you. Everytime I read a story on this and I find out someone else has gone to her rescue it makes me want to scream. I have a question who in the world paid for the in vetro? Those procedures are not cheap.

My husband and I have a blended family of seven children, we both work and live in a three bedroom home. I have not had any offers from anyone wanting to help us move into a bigger house.

See my husband and I don't have any children together and wanted that for our family. Yes the other children have all requested us to have a baby together.. Once we looked into it we were told it would cost at least  $10,000 a try. After that there was no more hope, we just couldn't afford it.. so I ask the question to Dr. Phil and anyone else how in the world does a unemployed single mother of six afford such an expensive procedure. And how does America come to the aid of those that make such horrible decisions in life and leave those who chose to live life right out in the cold?

March 11, 2009, 9:55 am CDT

Not Convinced....

Dr. Phil:  I enjoy watching your show on a daily basis, but I'm so frustrated by your continuing coverage on that media monger named OCTOMOM. 

I agree with MANY of the postings on this site that Ms. Suyleman is coming off as she has been coached or 'directed' to answer questions.  I'm sure you had alot to do with it.....not to her advantage.

I hope us viewers are nearing the end of having this psycho crammed down our throats.

March 11, 2009, 9:55 am CDT

As usual we reward people for bad decisions.  I realize the children are innocent and aren't responsible for their birth mothers choices, but come on, this is simply not right.  Look at the mansion she will be moving into.  Then they are picking it apart as if it is run down and decrepit.  My home doesn't look like that nor can we afford anything like that and we are hard working, tax paying individuals.  Guess we did something wrong when we chose to take the moral and ethical path in life.  Guess we could have had all this is we stay unemployed, keep producing children and have no father figure in the picture.  Seems our country rather help them than those that are being responsible for their actions and paying their way.  Sad world we live in.

I have to agree with you. Everytime I read a story on this and I find out someone else has gone to her rescue it makes me want to scream. I have a question who in the world paid for the in vetro? Those procedures are not cheap.

My husband and I have a blended family of seven children, we both work and live in a three bedroom home. I have not had any offers from anyone wanting to help us move into a bigger house.

See my husband and I don't have any children together and wanted that for our family. Yes the other children have all requested us to have a baby together.. Once we looked into it we were told it would cost at least  $10,000 a try. After that there was no more hope, we just couldn't afford it.. so I ask the question to Dr. Phil and anyone else how in the world does a unemployed single mother of six afford such an expensive procedure. And how does America come to the aid of those that make such horrible decisions in life and leave those who chose to live life right out in the cold?

March 11, 2009, 9:58 am CDT

17 & counting

Quote From: sjlstar

YES LONG ALONG AGO PEOPLE HAD LARGE FAMILIES, BUT NOT AT ONE TIME!!!!!!

YES I HAVE A FEW FRIENDS  THAT COME FROM FAMILIES OF 13 AND 15 KIDS...........BUT THEY WERE STAIR STEPS...........SHE HAD HER STAIR STEPS........6 UNDER 7 YEARS!!! AND THEN 8 AT ONE TIME....HOW IS SHE GONNA DO IT??

EVEN WITH ANGELS IN WAITINGS HELP.........THOSE KIDS ARE GOING TO BE PSYCHOLOGICALLY MESSED UP FOR LIFE,,,,ALL THE CARE GIVERS NOT A SINGLE CONSISTANT ONE.......THEIR CAREGIVERS GO HOME 24 HOUR CARE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NADYA CAN'T SPLIT HERSELF THAT THIN.........BUT NO ONE IS LOOKING AT THE LONG TERM PSYCHE ON THE KIDS.......YOU WILL SEE THEY WILL BE SO MESSSED UP!!!!

LETS MEET HERE 15 YEARS FROM NOW AND SEE HOW ALL THE SULEMAN CHILDREN ARE DOING......

why is it OK for the duggers i think their names are to have what 17 or 18 now and they have said that when a new baby is born the oldest have to take care of the baby before the new one

these people are having kid's for their kid's to rise at least this mom is taking care of her kid's and not passing them of to the next eldest child. but i do not believe what she did is not OK but we do need to help.

patricia

March 11, 2009, 10:17 am CDT

Re: Upset Viewer

I am really trying to understand why Dr. Phil and the Dr. Phil show has shown so much compassion for a woman who has proven to be "unstable."  I am not saying that she doesn't need the help, but do we have to hear about this woman over and over again?!  I am very distraught on how calming everyone else has to be around her, when it is obvious that this is not a calm and rational woman.  I do not feel that she is going to ever be capable of taking care of all of these children.  It is obvious that she is being helped financially by the government and other venues.  It upsets me when I think that the more attention that a person (or a story) gets...the more society has to bend down and continuously take the burden of these HUGE families!  I do not own a home, have children...but I do have a job and I want my voice to be heard!  These children are not going to stay babies forever...and some may not even grow into healthy adults (without emotional or physical problems).  Who is going to take care of these 14 kids through their youth and teen years?

March 11, 2009, 10:26 am CDT

Such Cruelty

Quote From: taranana

I do not think fostercare is the correct decision, but why not go straight to adoption.  She is obviously mentally impared, and has put all 14 children's needs behind her own need for notoriety and free material things, including a home, all the furnishings and probably a bus!
Ask the children if they wish they had been adopted when they are older.  What do you think their answer would be.  I have an adopted child who is now 21.  Her birth mother made a choice and we made a choice to adopt.  This is not Nazi Germany, civilized cultures do not take children away from their parents and put them up for adoption.  This mother through the grace of good people and Dr. Phil wants her children.  Gloria Allred would not let anything happen to those children and neither would Dr. Phil.  I've donated 3 times and will continue to do so.  A mother who wants to and is able to should keep her children.  Dr. Phil  is creating the environment to do so.  Instead, of people feeling good about that you all still hate it. 

March 11, 2009, 10:28 am CDT

Quote From: docswife2004

I just watched my recording of yesterdays show and I'm still not quite convinced of Nadya and her motives. She sounded "coached", and probably wisely so. If she didnt turn her attitude around, the rest of her free ride wouldnt play out as planned. And while Dr. Phil denies purchasing that home for her, I didnt seem to catch who actually DID. The realtor just said that they'd be "closing today." And modest? looks nicer than what we can afford on my husbands army salary but whatever.

i gotta go lay down, im pregnant with twins, have 2 other children 1 w/ special needs, my soldier husband just got orders for germany, wont be here for the birth or my recovery, i have no help at all, and my damn feet are starting to swell again.

i agree with you 100%.  and i hope your husband stays safe for you and your family.  you and your family are what america is about honesty, integrity, and PRIDE.   good luck to you

March 11, 2009, 10:46 am CDT

Agree

I have read so many posts on here that "praise" this woman and "adore" and "envy" her. WHY?? Here is a woman that made a concious decision to, in her words "fill the void in her life" by producing more children that she knew she didn't have the money for. Now, Dr. Phil and the rest of the world will pay for her luxuries as she parades around on television and gets exactly what she wants. I do feel so sorry for those children and wish them the best, as they didn't have a choice to come into this messed up world. However, the mother in my opinion doesn't deserve to be "praised" or "adored". What she needs is some psychological help and to have her tubes tied so she is unable to have anymore children. As cruel as some of you may think that sounds, I think 14 is enough, don't you?? I agree with the post above. What is this world coming too when we feel sorry for people like this and think it's okay to give her all these things because of a immoral decision she made? I just don't understand people's line of thinking anymore.

March 11, 2009, 11:34 am CDT

Disgusted

I am so disgusted by all involved with the Octomom. I normally agree with all that Dr. Phil does but feel he has stepped over the line here. This woman is being helped by a charity organization. That seems fine on the surface. But I would bet money that supplying this many nurses to her is short changing someone else. There can't be enough nurses to go around for all in need and there are plenty who were responsible and need help and can't get it. This woman was highly irresponsible and is getting unlimited help. She is not stable mentally and should lose the children. Sorry Dr. Phil, you blew it.

March 11, 2009, 12:23 pm CDT

If he was really a hero

Quote From: bdhaskell

Dr. Phil,

You are a hero in this relationship!  You are truely amazing for helping this woman and her children.

He would help the courts take the kids away from this nut and have her committed forever.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last