Message Boards

Topic : 03/16 Octuplets' Mom Answers Viewer Questions

Number of Replies: 492
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, March 12, 2009, 05:52:05 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard2

After Nadya Suleman’s two-part special with Dr. Phil, the cameras keep rolling. Dr. Phil leads a town hall meeting between the mother everyone is talking about and the studio audience. See Nadya openly answer viewers’ questions: How will she take care of herself while caring for 14 kids? Where will the children be while she pursues her education? How will she find transportation for all her kids? Where will the organization that's agreed to help her, Angels in Waiting, get the funds to assist with 14 children? How will the donations coming in be handled? Is the sperm donor aware that he has fathered 14 kids? Then, Nadya leaves the stage but the discussion continues without her. The audience doesn't hold back with their heated comments. Plus, as Nadya prepares to move into her new home and make it suitable for the influx of babies, how will her new neighborhood react to the mom of 14 and the media frenzy that follows? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 16, 2009, 2:49 am CDT

You do have a point.

Quote From: sjkirk_05

Since when did the Dr. Phil show become the Nadya Sulaman show?  Dr. Phil when are you going to stop enabling this woman?  She is clearly "not getting it" and she is playing you like a fiddle.  Enough already!  I will not be watching Monday's show.
I will continue to watch only because I am convinced there is much more that remains to be seen and it will come out in time. Not about Nadya, I could not careless about Nadya, but as to why Dr. Phil is feeding into her hand the way he is. He does not suck up to anyone. I think he is doing what he has to to get close and get inside so he can get the information he needs to get to turn over to the state and save those kids. I know that contract has to have a loophole that can squeeze her out he just needs time to do it. Im not saying get her out of their lives I just think she should be treated like and have the same rights that are given to other reckless parents like herself. See them at a distance. In the mean time they are setting up a home for those kids that is staffed with people who can care for them and in the end she will be evicted!

March 16, 2009, 5:34 am CDT

Dr. Phil...how do u feel...

Knowing Nadya blows over 1 grand in make-up when that money could have been used to buy formula and diapers for her children?   If I were you, I would be feel "used" by this conartist.  BTW...our local news programs are now airing segments on her irrational spending sprees...so that folks can SEE for themselves just WHERE her donations for her kids are going.  LOL.  The one anchor said last night..."Hmmm she is asking for donations for her kids...yet is blowing money left and right on things not related to the babies.  Let's see.....should I buy formula, diapers, or make-up?" 

March 16, 2009, 6:25 am CDT

Turn off your TV;s

I switched the channel on my T.V. as soon as I saw what was on Dr. Phil today. I did the same last week. I refuse to give the mother of the octuplets the publicity she craves. Shame on you Dr. Phil for buying into her sob story. She made the bed she is lying in. She needs to do what everyone else does.....get a job job. 

March 16, 2009, 6:34 am CDT

I am so outraged!!

Really, I am so furious I can't to watch this show anymore. I cannot believe this is happening. If you really want to help those children take them away from her!! I said it before, look it up if you want, that they would give her a better home and everything!!! Take all that money they are giving this crazy woman and give it to the other people in the world who can't even take care of themselves much less 14 kids!!!!!!

March 16, 2009, 7:05 am CDT

Dr Phil is right..

I am still furious with this woman as a lot of people are but I agree with Dr Phil. These children need help and to tell you the truth I wouldn't be able to come up with a better strategy for how to handle this situation. All I am sure of is this, I am not thinking or talking about this situation any longer. It is outrageous. I hope for all the best for her and especially those children but I am sick of talking and hearing about it.

March 16, 2009, 7:14 am CDT

UGH!

This whole Octomom thing is drivng me NUTS!  I just have to vent about this today, because after watching her once again, I feel like I'm going to explode.  I have 4 children, ages 7 to 21.  My 21 year old is on his own now, so we only have 3 at home and it is still expensive.  Nadya is so clueless!  Her oldest child is about the same age as my youngest, which means she has not experienced puberty with any of her children.  What is she going to do when her older children start turning into adolescents... and then into teens and she has EIGHT little ones to take care of?  How is she going to cope with puberty and EIGHT toddlers?????  Has she even thought about this yet?  Lord have mercy, this woman has no idea.  Even if she gets enough financial support for those children, what about when they start really testing her and rebelling against her?  What then?  Will she be calling 911 every day?  UGH!

I'm going to say one last thing about this and then I'm done.  IF SHE TRULY CARES ABOUT THOSE BABIES AND WANTS WHAT'S BEST FOR THEM (NOT HERSELF) SHE WOULD PUT THEM UP FOR ADOPTION SO THEY CAN GET THE LOVE AND ATTENTION THEY DESERVE FROM COUPLES WHO DESPERATELY WANT JUST ONE BABY! 

March 16, 2009, 7:17 am CDT

03/16 Octuplets' Mom Answers Viewer Questions

I'm getting so tired of every show lately being about this topic. All you're doing is giving her the publicity she wants. She's an irresponsible woman who is taking advantage. She shouldn't have had the 6 kids in the first place with no job and living with her parents. Now to have 8 more! I watch this show everyday, but I check anymore to see what the topic is and if it's ANOTHER show about her, I change the channel. Sorry, but I'm not wasting my time on her!

March 16, 2009, 7:41 am CDT

Nadya and Nadya Plus 14

This is the most frustrated I have ever felt watching the Dr. Phil show!  Her need for attention and fame is as obvious as her fake Angelina Jolie lips and the fact that she's hoping to be the next "Jon & Kate Plus 8".  I can't believe you would be buying into this at all!  As time goes on she's learning to talk like a little Dr. Phil puppet, stressing that it's all about the children, blah, blah, blah.  Bull crap, it's all about her and it always has been.  I realize these children are innocent victims of a delusional woman and therefore need to be protected!  I don't think they should go into foster care, I think they should be adopted by any of the milions of couples desperately wanting a child and would give it an awesome chance!   I just think by celebrating one borderline insane woman and giving her everything on a silver platter, you set a precedent for these kind of women.  How about a delusional single mother with twins, triplets, or whatever, why not just enable everybody so all of us can do whatever the heck we want without any ramifications.  Let's all go be artificially inseminated and then Dr. Phil can take care of all of us, since I guess that's the answer.  I support Dr. Phil 99% of the time but on this issue I absolutely disagree.    This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of.  I just don't understand this band wagon you are on.  Adoption is a GREAT option!!!! 

March 16, 2009, 7:43 am CDT

Nadya's New Home

I'd like to know how she can afford to buy a home for $565,000 when she has no income, no job, etc.  Who's actually paying for this house?

March 16, 2009, 8:01 am CDT

Where IsThe Real Rage About Ms. Suleman Coming From?

Watching today's show, I had a real lightbulb moment. I saw a woman on the stage who is trying to keep a brave face in front of the media and the angry faces of a live audience, a representation of the angry people of our country (or the world), and facing being the mother of FOURTEEN children. Could any of us keep that kind of composure if we were in her shoes? No!, you say? You could never make such a bad decision?

Well, let me say this. I have a family of four. My spouse and I filed our taxes with a GROSS income of less than $22,000 for 2008. We don't have a morgage. We don't have credit card debt. We don't receive public assistance or food stamps. We live within our means. We might "want" to own our own home, but we "need" to have an affordable roof over our heads and food on the table. Living within our means has kept us from being affected by the current economy at the level other Americans are facing.

Why are other American's feeling the chaos of the economy? Yes. There has been a lot of unethical practices in business and government. Even now, Americans are looking to Washington D.C. to give them financial help. How about this...Americans have been living beyond their means, buried in debt, and NOW are faced with having to pay for all their so-called "needs". They are angry. But, why are they angry at Ms. Suleman? BECAUSE she "made a bad choice" and has "put a burden on American tax payers."

Let me just get to the point. America has displaced anger. If Ms. Suleman had these children a few years earlier, there would never be the level of hype that has manifested itself regarding this family. Unfortunately, she did have her eight babies within this time of this crippling economy. Yes, Americans are angry. Are they really angry about Ms. Suleman? No. They can't face the fact that they have made their own poor financial choices and they are taking that anger out on Ms. Suleman.

So, to all the Americans who are pointing their fingers in anger, at Ms. Suleman, I would like you to take a good look at yourself and your own poor choices. I've made my share of poor choices in my life and I have taken responsibility for them. Maybe America needs to take a look at the financial reality within their own lives and stop dumping their misplaced anger on this woman. This one woman did not put this country into this financial chaos. Collectively....We all have. Now, let's work together and get ourselves on our own two feet, instead of having a "welfare mentality" of entitlement by begging Washington D.C. for a handout.

Hmmmm...Isn't that what America was upset about? Ms. Suleman was being a burden to the taxpayer? Better look where those other fingers are pointing when you're pointing that angry finger at her.

Just my observation.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last