Message Boards

Topic : 07/17 "My Big Day Was Ruined"

Number of Replies: 23
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, March 19, 2009, 02:08:50 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 03/23/09) The bridal party may look beautiful, the guests may arrive on time, and the best man may remember the rings, but sometimes the best-planned ceremonies can go horribly wrong. Dr. Phil’s first guest, Gi’Zelle, is well acquainted with wedding disasters. When she woke up on her special day, she had no idea she’d end the evening eating pizza at home with her bridesmaids. Gi’Zelle says the man of her dreams left her at the altar, and she hasn’t seen or spoken to him since. In the four years since the young woman was jilted on her big day, she says she hasn’t been on a single date. Don’t miss Dr. Phil’s surprise for her! And, Brandi says a series of mishaps marred the day she wed Robert. But nothing could prepare her for the biggest calamity of them all, one that caused her to be rushed to the hospital in her wedding gown! Robert says he thinks his wife feels their relationship is doomed because of that incident. How can Brandi let go of the painful memories and move on? And, Carrie got hitched at a chapel in Las Vegas and says everything that could go wrong did. She says her wedding gifts were stolen, the reception food was undercooked and the rabbi who officiated the service later revealed he was not Jewish and was actually a reverend. Her husband, Mitch, says the ceremony was fine, and he wants his wife to get over it. How can Carrie move past the guilt? Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 24, 2009, 10:14 am CDT

this show just killed me.

when i was watchin this show, i was at my daughters house and i just started laughing. these women have the nerve 2 complain about a wedding that looked pretty nice 2 me. they looked like spoiled little brats. the one that got sick i could empathize with a little, but in the pics she didnt look as bad as she was describing herself when she was at her wedding. i got married 15 yrs ago this past feb 2 a man i absolutely adore. we got married in a probably 10 x 15 room that was the municpal building for the whole town of sardinia, ohio. we were back in r car in less than 5 mins. NO JOKE. i looked at my husband and asked him r u sure we r married. we didnt have rings so i didnt know u dont say your vows when u dont have rings.  my first diamond came from him on almost 11 yrs of marriage. it was beautiful 2 me but i could of went the rest of our lives without it because thats not what i married him for. no honeymoon. no vacations as a family either. in the 15 yrs. we live paycheck 2 paycheck as so many families do in this day in age. im on disability for neck and back pain. go 2 drs all the time. have 4 children all together. his, mine and ours. 2 beautiful grandbabies. but i am so happy every single day he when he walks in my back door at nite and we give each other one of many daily kisses we give each other. i had a nice weddin 25 yrs ago that my parents thru for me. the marriage lasted 5 yrs. it was a joke except for my beautiful daughter that came out of it.  i am much happier with no money no wedding no honeymoon no vacations in 16 yrs with a man that loves me and i him. so i think they do need 2 get over themselves and go on.  

March 24, 2009, 1:53 pm CDT

Get over yourself!

Dr. Phil, I'm surprised you didn't tell these self absorbed women to grow up and get on with their lives! They had a bad day, so what!! There are a lot of people out there who have a bad day, week, year, and life! There are people who have cancer, or children with cancer, homeless, jobless, ill, or have lost a child, and these people have the nerve to dwell years over 1 stinking day!! I'll never forget a story on Oprah where a mother lost her little girl when she was decapitated by a drunk driver while coming home from her sister's wedding. These women have the nerve to complain over a wedding that didn't live up to their expectations because their steak was frozen?! Tell them to grow up. The world does not revolve around them! If you and your loved ones are healthy, consider yourself blessed.

March 25, 2009, 1:04 am CDT

My First and Last Msg!

I think that Gi-Gi is getting so much attention these days because going on the Dr. Phil Show seems to be so out of character for her, let alone the family. This is a woman that, in her past, presented herself as better than her peers, especially if they belonged to a socioeconomic background that was not paralleled to her own. So seeking advice from Dr. Phil is not what we fellow Raiders would have expected out of her. I personally would have respected her more if she had taken the time out to write Essence Magazine, a well respected magazine that I subscribe to, to tell her story. Why four years later would she allow another opportunity to be the subject of laughter? Not for how Joe ended his relationship with her, but for the mere fact that what happened on her wedding day was simply Karma. The man that she was willing to spend to rest her life with, some how liberated all of those that had a negative experience with Monday's Dr. Phil Star! Only God knows why he put Joe in her life; It seems that it was to make her more humble. Thank God for that.

March 25, 2009, 6:28 am CDT

03/23 "My Big Day Was Ruined"

Isn't it "funny" how some "event planners" can't plan their own wedding?

Last season, a "wedding planner" planned hers for the hottest day of the year, outdoors, during pop-up thunderstorm season?

And, Monday's guest? You can't plan a decent Jewish wedding in 24 hours, in Vegas, of all places. And, leaving the reception to her parents? What a meshugganer!

March 25, 2009, 6:34 am CDT

03/23 "My Big Day Was Ruined"

Quote From: sweet_as_tea

I think that Gi-Gi is getting so much attention these days because going on the Dr. Phil Show seems to be so out of character for her, let alone the family. This is a woman that, in her past, presented herself as better than her peers, especially if they belonged to a socioeconomic background that was not paralleled to her own. So seeking advice from Dr. Phil is not what we fellow Raiders would have expected out of her. I personally would have respected her more if she had taken the time out to write Essence Magazine, a well respected magazine that I subscribe to, to tell her story. Why four years later would she allow another opportunity to be the subject of laughter? Not for how Joe ended his relationship with her, but for the mere fact that what happened on her wedding day was simply Karma. The man that she was willing to spend to rest her life with, some how liberated all of those that had a negative experience with Monday's Dr. Phil Star! Only God knows why he put Joe in her life; It seems that it was to make her more humble. Thank God for that.

That fancy wedding screamed high maintenance DIVA! Maybe that "loser" grocery store clerk knew no man could live up to her expectations. And. maybe that's why she hadn't dated since. No man "good enough" for her, hmm?

March 25, 2009, 8:10 am CDT

GI'Zelle

I would love to meet Gi'Zelle.  If there is someone who is reading this message board that either knows Gi'Zelle or knows of someone who is in contact with her i would appriciate it if you view my profile and forward my information to her.

July 10, 2009, 10:01 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show.

Big Day Doctor My Phil/Robin Ruined Was. Yea Baby. My day was ruined years ago See you on Friday July-

17th, 2009. (Maybe.) Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-------------------------------------------------------------------

July 17, 2009, 1:57 pm CDT

My Big Day Ruined

Lots of "Big Days" have been ruined for one reason or another-mine included-record Minnesota snowstorm in January of 1982-Oh well. We're married and have been for 27 great years. What makes me angry is this whining by the woman who ended up at the hospital from an allergic reaction. She's alive, she has a wonderful husband and she had a wedding. It irks me that just because she won't grow up and get over it, she's having a fully paid reception for 50 people. What does that cost? Aren't there people out there that have real problems that could use that kind of money just to live? Unbelievable!

July 17, 2009, 3:22 pm CDT

GiZelle

GiZelle is an absolute doll - I'd introduce her to my son in a second.

July 17, 2009, 5:50 pm CDT

Absolutely

Quote From: timeagain

GiZelle is an absolute doll - I'd introduce her to my son in a second.

Wow what a beautiful lady inside and out calling Dr. Phil: sir.

Obviously a woman who knows what respect means, she is the kind of woman every man dreams about, what beautiful eyes.

I get the impression she would be the type of woman who would be very supportive of her man, not the typical feminist  who has nothing good to say about men.

God  Bless her, she is going to make somebody a good wife.

John.

First | Prev | 2 | Next | Last