Message Boards

Topic : 07/17 "My Big Day Was Ruined"

Number of Replies: 23
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, March 19, 2009, 02:08:50 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 03/23/09) The bridal party may look beautiful, the guests may arrive on time, and the best man may remember the rings, but sometimes the best-planned ceremonies can go horribly wrong. Dr. Phil’s first guest, Gi’Zelle, is well acquainted with wedding disasters. When she woke up on her special day, she had no idea she’d end the evening eating pizza at home with her bridesmaids. Gi’Zelle says the man of her dreams left her at the altar, and she hasn’t seen or spoken to him since. In the four years since the young woman was jilted on her big day, she says she hasn’t been on a single date. Don’t miss Dr. Phil’s surprise for her! And, Brandi says a series of mishaps marred the day she wed Robert. But nothing could prepare her for the biggest calamity of them all, one that caused her to be rushed to the hospital in her wedding gown! Robert says he thinks his wife feels their relationship is doomed because of that incident. How can Brandi let go of the painful memories and move on? And, Carrie got hitched at a chapel in Las Vegas and says everything that could go wrong did. She says her wedding gifts were stolen, the reception food was undercooked and the rabbi who officiated the service later revealed he was not Jewish and was actually a reverend. Her husband, Mitch, says the ceremony was fine, and he wants his wife to get over it. How can Carrie move past the guilt? Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 20, 2009, 5:52 am CDT

In the Real World!

Okay, I can understand being upset about spending thousands of dollars on a wedding, only to have something "bad" happen.  The poor girl who was stood up at the alter - now THAT's bad!

But let's get real on this one.  It is a sad thing that this woman got ill on her wedding day, but she'd best be REAL thankful.  Let me tell you what could have happened in the real world.  My children's father, at the much-too-young age of 30, went into anaphylactic shock, something that happens to many people.  The difference betw. this woman and him?  He DIED from it!  Now THAT "ruins" something. 

She's better off being thankful for her illness only ruining her "big day". Rather than being so trivial as to want to try to relive that day, she should be glad she has days to live at all.  It could have been much worse.

July 20, 2009, 5:57 am CDT

Great Comment!

Quote From: mamamac58

Lots of "Big Days" have been ruined for one reason or another-mine included-record Minnesota snowstorm in January of 1982-Oh well. We're married and have been for 27 great years. What makes me angry is this whining by the woman who ended up at the hospital from an allergic reaction. She's alive, she has a wonderful husband and she had a wedding. It irks me that just because she won't grow up and get over it, she's having a fully paid reception for 50 people. What does that cost? Aren't there people out there that have real problems that could use that kind of money just to live? Unbelievable!
Amen, Mamamac!  In my opinion, she's an ungrateful, whiny, materialistic child who doesn't seem to realize that there are better things in this world to worry about!  Millions of people are out of a job in this country; put this money to good use and feed a few hungry families!

July 21, 2009, 9:51 am CDT

Looking for quote!!

I watched the show on Friday and am normally at work so do not normally get to view, and have NEVER posted a message on any website so bear with me.  Dr. Phil shared an "old saying" that was something similar to "if you focus on your fear it can then become reality".  Can someone please help me with that quote???  It's very important to me as I am battling cancer.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | Next Page | Last Page