Message Boards

Topic : 03/24 Young Wives at a Turning Point, Part 3

Number of Replies: 42
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 20, 2009, 12:05:30 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Three young couples struggle to deal with issues such as trust, domestic violence and infidelity. Dr. Phil moves them all into The Dr. Phil House for a three-day relationship overhaul, but their fighting and finger-pointing make him wonder if they’re serious about wanting to fix their relationships. With Dr. Phil’s help, one wife-to-be learns that a traumatic event in her childhood may influence her to this day, one fiancé faces reality and says he accepts that he’s an alcoholic, and another couple looks inside their relationship and finds a simmering pool of resentments toward each other. What these couples learn about holding themselves to a higher standard is a powerful lesson for any marriage. But can they quash their marital battles for the sake of their children? Then one couple’s argument divides the whole house. See where the battle lines are drawn. Plus, a powerful exercise forces the pairs to communicate in a healthy and productive manner -- could the same exercise work for you? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 24, 2009, 2:06 pm CDT

The Married Couples

I meant to post this with the first post. IF you believe that Christ died for your sins and defeated death and sin with His Victory on the Cross and His Resurrection from the dead, then THIS should be your guide:

Ephesians 5:22-32 (Amplified Bible)

22Wives, be subject (be submissive and adapt yourselves) to your own husbands as [a service] to the Lord.

23For the husband is head of the wife as Christ is the Head of the church, Himself the Savior of [His] body.

24As the church is subject to Christ, so let wives also be subject in everything to their husbands.

25Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her,

26So that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the Word,

27That He might present the church to Himself in glorious splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such things [that she might be holy and faultless].

28Even so husbands should love their wives as [being in a sense] their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself.

29For no man ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and carefully protects and cherishes it, as Christ does the church,

30Because we are members (parts) of His body.

31For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother and shall be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.(A)

32This mystery is very great, but I speak concerning [the relation of] Christ and the church.

God bless you.

March 24, 2009, 2:16 pm CDT

03/24 Young Wives at a Turning Point, Part 3

when i watch this episode with these couples i find myself getting so mad and yelling at the TV.  what is happening to these couples? i am 21 years old married  for year and 5months now and i cant believe  these boys and girls are saying and doing this to each other.  Where is the TRUST , RESPECT  and LOVE in these relationship. you have to have all three of these to have a relationship it not about one person now it is about your husband your wife your KIDS there's no more ME . when i watch this i get so pissed off at these couples because they have these precious little angles at homes that they should be spending time with instead of fighting these couples need a BIG wake up call. when you have kids  it is a responsibility  you don't have a choice to no got to work  or not to take care them  there your you made them so take care of them there helpless little baby's that need you. if i had a chance i would love to talk to these couples especially that little Monica  i would like to tell her to take the word  him him him your fault out of her mouth and find another excuse because that one is getting old  she can point her finger at him  all day but  three more are pointing back at her .these couples get me so frustrated because  people think it there age but it is not it them period they would do this if they where 50 or 60 years old  

March 24, 2009, 2:29 pm CDT

Cadum & Monica

Quote From: themrs0331

These episodes are very upsetting to watch.  I was friends with Cadum while in HS, and the Cadum I knew had a very big, loving heart. It brought me to tears watching him today.

I was married at 19 and I'm in a very loving, secure, healthy marriage. We now have an 8 month old daughter, and are approaching our 3 year anniversary this week. It really makes me upset to see couples not value their marriage, or act as mature adults. What do people think marriage is? I understood that a marriage would require work, sacrifice, and 100% from both ends.

I definitely don't recommend 19, 20, 21, or 22 year old women to run off and get married. However, it's about maturity.

I am 28 and still not married but you hit the nail right on the head.  Marriage comes down to one word, MATURITY! And honest both are lacking.  Cadum definitely seems to be a likable guy, but from my view point, she is so relentless in her control that she brings out the worst in him.   

March 24, 2009, 2:39 pm CDT

Young Wives

March 24, 2009, 2:40 pm CDT

The girl in red reminds me of my ex, but even she wasn't that bitchy.  Controlling people are bad news, but in this day and age, feminism has painted a picture where it is always a male-on-female phenomena, and for me--and I assume some other men that watch this show--this particular series is in a way praiseworthy since it portrays something that no longer is acknowledged all that much.  Many men live in situations where they are subjected to controlling and manipulating behaviour, but have to grin and bear it--and then in the end still end up being portrayed as the victimizer... 

All I can say is that there is no hope for that couple, and to that the guy I suggest that you get out of the relationship.  You say you love her an all that, but do you really?  Are you just saying that because of the kid?  Or because the sex WAS great and you want it back?  It's not worth it.  You're still young and have a life ahead of you, and you should try to get it on track.  Get a job (or two) find a new woman who respects and cares for you.   It's possible if you file for a divorce, you could claim that YOU were the one who was the victim of emotional abuse, and it's possible that you could get custody & payments.  If this system had any fairness, it would truly try to rule for the person who is the real disadvantaged party rather than simply assuming that the woman is always the victim.  Those days are over.  Women are equal and have to be treated as such by the legal system.

Also, the guy needs to stop acting so pouty and whiney; she's just feeding off of that, and you're degrading yourself.  You don't want to life a lifetime with that kind of dynamic.

March 24, 2009, 2:52 pm CDT

Monica

Monica is so selfish and must understand perfection exsist one with God!!!!

March 24, 2009, 2:57 pm CDT

Monica needs help

This girl has a serious problem.  All I hear is how everything is everyone elses fault.  She really doesn't see that she could possibly be part of the problem.  In this situation I really feel that Cadum is the one who is being abused.  Hopefully he will gain back some of his self esteem and see that this relationship is toxic unless Monica agrees to get help for her anger and self esteem issues.

March 24, 2009, 3:03 pm CDT

Young Wives At a Turning Point, Part 3

After watching today's show I was very proud of the one girl and her husband, you know the one who finally admitted he was an alcoholic and she was abusive to him. She said in the video diary that she didn't want to talk about the other couples but wanted to focus on healing herself.....way to go.  Also he finally said that he was an alcoholic...........that is the first step! Keep up the good work.

Monica and Kadum are another story altogether.  I believe that Kadum used to be a fun loving guy and that Monica is abusive toward him.  Is she "perfect" ? I think not !  She needs to apply those standards of hers to herself first.  Kadum...you can do much better than Monica, there are a lot of women out there who would treat you like a man with respect and allow you to treat them with respect too.  Monica only wants to be right, you said you were worried about being alone..well don't be, I am sure there are plenty of women who will give you the life you deserve, you need to leave her, get visitation rights to your child, and go find someone you are compatible with.  Monica you should be ALONE, I feel so very sorry for your child and all the times he will disappoint you, because KIDS ARE NOT PERFECT EITHER !

March 24, 2009, 3:03 pm CDT

Quote From: junebug336

I just saw a preview of the show for tomorrow and I can't believ that Dr. Phil is going to have ANOTHER show on the Ocot Mom. ENOUGH ALREADY. I will not watch this show or any future show on this subject. If Dr. Phil want to help her, fine shell out the bucks, but I'm sick of seeing it on this show.
Dr Phil wants ratings...he doesn't get that we're sick of this story. And, once again, I wish he and she would stop whining about the press coverage...they're both causing it.

March 24, 2009, 3:13 pm CDT

Monica

Monica, I imagine that your time at the house has ended and that you are back home while the episodes are aired every week on a delay.  I HOPE that you have listened to Dr. Phil and all of those who have attempted to help you. Your controlling ways have NOTHING to do with your husband. He is an excuse. Until you do the work and find out why you need to control everybody and everything, you are going to be a very, very unhappy, and probably, very lonely, young lady. Nobody can live up to your self-image of the "perfect" person, woman, wife, mother, etc. Get serious and get help.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next | Last