Message Boards

Topic : 03/24 Young Wives at a Turning Point, Part 3

Number of Replies: 42
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 20, 2009, 12:05:30 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Three young couples struggle to deal with issues such as trust, domestic violence and infidelity. Dr. Phil moves them all into The Dr. Phil House for a three-day relationship overhaul, but their fighting and finger-pointing make him wonder if they’re serious about wanting to fix their relationships. With Dr. Phil’s help, one wife-to-be learns that a traumatic event in her childhood may influence her to this day, one fiancé faces reality and says he accepts that he’s an alcoholic, and another couple looks inside their relationship and finds a simmering pool of resentments toward each other. What these couples learn about holding themselves to a higher standard is a powerful lesson for any marriage. But can they quash their marital battles for the sake of their children? Then one couple’s argument divides the whole house. See where the battle lines are drawn. Plus, a powerful exercise forces the pairs to communicate in a healthy and productive manner -- could the same exercise work for you? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 20, 2009, 1:21 pm CDT

Doctor Phil Show.

A At Club Doctor Part Phil Point Three Turning Wives Young. Are you sure that I am on the right page? See-

you on March Tuesday 24th, 2009. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.------------------------------------------------

March 24, 2009, 6:55 am CDT

03/24 Young Wives at a Turning Point, Part 3

I THINK MONICA NEEDS TOO SHUT UP AND LISTEN FOR A CHANGE.

March 24, 2009, 7:33 am CDT

CADUM WAKE UP

Quote From: scpeaches

I THINK MONICA NEEDS TOO SHUT UP AND LISTEN FOR A CHANGE.

CADUM, IF YOU HAVE A SMALL SECTION OF YOUR BRAIN LEFT,I NOTICED THAT MONICA CALLED YOU BOY,YO DONT LOOK LIKE A BOY TO ME. LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND YOU WILL SEE WHO YOU REALLY ARE ,STUDY YOURSELF,ASK YOURSELF QUESTIONS AND THEN RUN,RUN,RUN LIKE HELL. MONICA YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOUR SEF TREATING YOUR HUSBAND THIS WAY. THE ONLY PERSON THAT I KNOW THAT IS PERFECT DIED FOR YOU AND ALL THE REST OF HIS CHILDREN. MONICA, YOU NEED A WHOLE LOT MORE WORK THAN CADUM DOES. I WOULD NOT LIVE WITH YOU ONE SECOND. CADUM, WAKE UP AND BE THE MAN YOU ARE IF SHE CANT DEAL THEN YOU WILL BE SO MUCH BETTER OFF WITHOUT HER. SHE ACTED JUST LIKE A CHILD THROWING YOUR WEDDING RING IN THE TRASH. IT REMINDED ME OF WHEN I WAS 9 AND MY LITTLE BOYFRIEND GAVE ME A DIME STORE RING AND I WAS MAD AT HIM AND THREW IT ON THE GROUND AND TOLD HIM IF HE WANTED TO BREAK-UP JUST COVER THE RING WITH DIRT (HA! HA!) THIS IS FUNNY TO ME,BUT I KNOW THIS CANT BE FUNNY TO YOU. STAND UP AND WEAR THE PANTS IN YOUR FAMILY (BOY) MAN!!!!! I AM PRAYING FOR YOU AND I HOPE YOU GET YOUR PRIDE BACK THAT SHE HAS RIPPED OUT OF YOU. I AM NOT MARRIED,BUT I HAVE A BOYFRIEND AND WE GET ALONG GREAT BUT I TREAT HIM LIKE A MAN, I ALLOW HIM TO ACT LIKE A MAN AND I LOVE HIM AS A MAN AND I WOULD NEVER ALLOW ANYONE TO GET IN MY MAN'S FACE WITHOUT DEALING WITH ME.  IF YOU CAN NOT RUN VERY FAST I WILL SEND YOU A JETPACK YOU NEED TO FIND YOU AGAIN AND THEN YOU NEED TO SAY THIS IS THE WAY IT IT GOING TO BE AND IF YOU CANT AGREE THEN YOU GO YOUR WAY AND I WILL GO MINE. ALWAYS TAKE CARE OF YOUR CHILDREN AND SOMETIMES THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR CHILDREN IS TO LIVE SEPRATE. HANG IN THERE!!!!! SHAME,SHAME,SHAME MONICA.

March 24, 2009, 7:41 am CDT

Enough is enough

First of all,these couples are too young and/or inmature to be married  at all.The wives are so aggravating,I want to pick up my 42" TV and throw across my living room.The husbands are obviously whipped for lack of another word.There's no reason whatsoever to have to put up with the mental abuse.These couples don't really love each other,do they?People in love don't act like that with each other.The wives are spoiled brats,probably got everything handed to them on a silver platter growing up.If my girlfriend and I treated each other like these people do,we wouldn't be together at all.

March 24, 2009, 9:05 am CDT

OCTO MOM

I just saw a preview of the show for tomorrow and I can't believ that Dr. Phil is going to have ANOTHER show on the Ocot Mom. ENOUGH ALREADY. I will not watch this show or any future show on this subject. If Dr. Phil want to help her, fine shell out the bucks, but I'm sick of seeing it on this show.

March 24, 2009, 10:09 am CDT

It is not a matter of age

Couples like this bother me so much and reflects badly on me. I got married at 20, he was 19, we have been married over 2 years now and are happy as can be and love each other to death (no kids yet so if you are thinking thats why we tied the knot, its not. ) It really isnt age, we can all think about older relatives like grandparents, great grand parents where it was normal to marry at 16, 17, 18, etc. It is a matter of maturity and many people today are immature for much longer than they used to be. I am a lucky person to have found my husband and he is lucky as well, we are 2 peas in a pod.

So it is safe to say that yes, MOST people who get married that young it is bad, but not all. It is because they still act like children and you have people who do that into thier 40's and onward, its a growing trend. Not to mention all of these couples are together cuz they have kids, that makes it worse, getting married cuz you knocked her up and then staying together for it even though you hate each other is never the right way to go. These couples don't love each other, they think they do but they have no idea what love is. Love isn't insulting, hitting, yelling and name calling. They are together because they have low standards and low self esteem and use the kids as an excuse to live like that. They all need to split ASAP! For everyone's sake, especially the children.

March 24, 2009, 11:23 am CDT

Work on yourself first

I think that everyone in the house needs to focuse on themselves first.  Then work on their relationships with their partners.

March 24, 2009, 1:08 pm CDT

Upsetting.

These episodes are very upsetting to watch.  I was friends with Cadum while in HS, and the Cadum I knew had a very big, loving heart. It brought me to tears watching him today.

I was married at 19 and I'm in a very loving, secure, healthy marriage. We now have an 8 month old daughter, and are approaching our 3 year anniversary this week. It really makes me upset to see couples not value their marriage, or act as mature adults. What do people think marriage is? I understood that a marriage would require work, sacrifice, and 100% from both ends.

I definitely don't recommend 19, 20, 21, or 22 year old women to run off and get married. However, it's about maturity.

March 24, 2009, 1:19 pm CDT

The child in red

The lady, wait you can't call her that, she is a child in red, doesn't deserve Dr. Phil's help. She refuses to admit that she doesn't make the relationship any better, she doesn't want to admit that her being controlling is making her life and his much worse. Any time that your spouse has to tell you a small lie so they don't get yelled at or hit is uncalled for. That is not nor will it ever be a real life for anyone. I know this because it is what I live everyday. At some point i just stopped talking to avoid any fight. I'm just wondering if her CO knows she acts and what happens in home. Because that would be terrible for military career. And girlfriend whielding the table leg, calm down, life is too short to be so damn angry. But I know the feeling you had finding your fiance in the bed with another girl, it happened to be me and I won't lie if I could get my hands on her again i would continue to kick her ass.

March 24, 2009, 1:54 pm CDT

Monica Monica Monica

Sweetheart, you have GOT to do better than this. Your rantings are that of a little girl "playing married" and "House".

IMPORTANT: You can't expect someone to act or even become a man with your thumb on top of him. Nothing that is smothered, where nurturing and love are withheld will grow. 

For the sake of your marriage, your child and your own sanity; sit back and REALLY analyze yourself.

You MUST look at yourself from the prespective of someone treating you the same way you treat your husband and others.

YOU ARE NOT ALWAYS RIGHT! Dr. Phil, your parents are not always right and they have the benefit of decades of life, living and loving. It's a process. If you were ALWAYS right, your name would be JESUS.

At the rate you're going, you'll end up alone, even in a room full of people who love you [your husband and child included].  

God bless you. You all will be in my prayers.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next | Last