Message Boards

Topic : 03/25 Octuplets: On the Record

Number of Replies: 610
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 20, 2009, 12:08:05 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
You’ve followed the story of Nadya Suleman and her newborn octuplets. Now, Dr. Phil updates the octuplets’ situation, including the homecoming of the first four babies, and the recent developments in the partnership between Nadya and the organization Angels in Waiting USA. Find out what’s really been going on inside the nursery, and why Nadya says she terminated the offer of 24/7 care with qualified nurses paid for by public donations. Solely concerned for the babies’ welfare, Dr. Phil mediates a discussion about what’s going to happen next for the octuplets and where Nadya plans to turn for assistance. And, the founders of Angels in Waiting USA speak candidly about their concerns. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 24, 2009, 6:56 am CDT

Get it yet, Dr. Phil??

Now that the free nurses have been fired and your good friend Gloria has been kicked out of the house, can we just let this woman fall on her face??  I feel so sorry for the children, but the state is already paying for her medical bills, let them pick up the tab for the kids.  There are too many people out there, DESERVING people, that need your help.  I can't watch the shows with her on it.  Glad we have previews so I know when to watch Ellen.

March 24, 2009, 7:46 am CDT

not ONE dime to support child endangerment!

She fired the nurses because she "thinks" they are spying on her and possibly reporting her to child protective services ...  Nurses are mandated reporters, they are REQUIRED to report even suspected neglect or abuse ...

R E Q U I R E D by law!

What is a Mandated Reporter in California?

• In the scope of their employment, a Mandated Reporter has a special relationship or contact with children or the home. (The California Penal Code defines a "child" as a person under the age of 18 years.)
  • A Mandated Reporter Is legally required to report if they know of or have "Reasonable Suspicion" of child abuse and neglect, encountered in the scope of their employment. Employers of Mandated Reporters are required to inform them of their responsibilities.
  • Prior to commencing employment and as a prerequisite of that employment, Mandated Reporters must sign a statement to the effect that he or she has knowledge of the provisions of the Mandated Reporter Law, and will comply with those provisions.

Legal Obligations of a Mandated Reporter in California if Child Abuse is Known or Suspected

• The Mandated Reporter must call a "Child Protective Agency" as soon as possible to make verbal report of "Reasonable Suspicion."
  • Then, the Mandated Reporter must file a written report on Department of Justice Suspected Child Abuse Report Form SS 8572 within 36 hours of their verbal report.
  • Mandated Reporters are required to give their name.

What is "Reasonable Suspicion" as defined by the California Penal Code?

• "Reasonable Suspicion" occurs when "it is objectively reasonable for a person to entertain such a suspicion, when based upon the facts that could cause a reasonable person in a like position, drawing when appropriate on his or her training and experience, to suspect child abuse." (California Penal Code 11166[a])

Well wake up Dr Phil .... NOT ONE DIME to support these precious babies being sent into this crazy mother's care.

March 24, 2009, 7:53 am CDT

OCTO MOM'S CHILDREN NEEDED BLANKETS

Quote From: momof206

How is it good for such small preemies to have cameras constantly in their face with flash bulbs going off every 5 seconds!!  and that is from the in-home paparazzi she invited!!  Radaronline!!  She leaves one media circus just to come INTO her home for one!!   I saw 2 video's that her mother is in and she is so rude to her.  the mom is trying to tell her they need something and she just gives her a dirty look!!!   then in another one the mom is upset because the children are disrepectful so Nadya goes to the park and says (to her CONSTANT camera man) she never invited her mother into her new house, and that she mother treats her so horribly!!  i want to know the truth before I would give ANYTHING to this woman!!!

WHILE THE FIRST TWO CAME HOME, NADYA'S MOM WAS UPSTAIRS HELPING WITH THE OTHER 6, AND TOLD NADYA THAT THEY NEEDED BLANKETS...THAT HER CHILDREN NEEDED BLANKETS!!!! 

NADYA TOLD HER MOM TO "QUIT BEING SO NEGATIVE",  SHE ALSO TOLD THE 2 YEAR OLD THAT HE/SHE COULD SLEEP IN THE BED, AND HER MOTHER TOLD HER THAT HE/SHE NEEDS TO SLEEP IN THE CRIB....WHILE THE TV NEWS WHERE DOWNSTAIRS COPING EVERY PICTURE OF THE BABIES THEY COULD.   

HER MOTHER, ANGELA ALSO TOLD NAYDA THAT HER OTHER CHILDREN NEEDED TO GO TO BED IT WAS LATE AND THEY HAD SCHOOL, AND NAYDA SAID SOMETHING NEGATIVE AGAIN TO HER MOM SOMETHING ABOUT THEY ARE EXCITED ABOUT THE BABIES COMING HOME... LEAVE THEM ALONE

ADDING FUEL TO THE FIRE, THERE IS THE INSIDER'S LARA SPENCER IN STREET CLOTHES WHILE FEEDING A PREMATURE BABY- THE NURSERY WAS A ZOO!!!  THOSE POOR INNOCENT BABIES!!!  I FEEL REAL BAD FOR THE ANGELS IN WAITING NURSES - THEY DID NOT BARGAIN FOR THIS!!!

LOOKS LIKE SHE KICKED OUT ANGELS IN WAITING AND HER MOTHER?  WHO IS GOING TO WATCH 10 KIDS WHILE SHE COMES BACK AND TALKS TO DR PHIL ABOUT MORE MONEY!!!!

HEY DR PHIL, THANKS FOR UPGRADING HER HOUSE, GIVING HER MONEY, SHE COULDN'T HAVE DONE ALL THIS WITHOUT YOU!!!    

March 24, 2009, 8:07 am CDT

Not Surprised

Dear Dr. Phil:

Although I abhor the actions of Nadya Suleman, I respect you for your position on trying to help the children. Unfortunately Nadya does not think the same way as you; she only wants to be the star of this three ring circus. She has made it abundantly clear that she is after notoriety and reality television fame since day one. She has rejected her mother and now Angels in Waiting after all that they have done for her. I believe she used them as that was the only way the babies would be released from the hospital. Let's not forget the spectacle on the night the first two babies came home. Yes, the reporters and spectators outside of the home were uncontrollable and should have been arrested but the inside of the home (with camera crews) and Lord knows how many other people was not much better and this was all arranged by Nadya. Not a day goes by that you do not see some video of her shopping or whatever and she is smiling while complaining about the Papparazzi.  She is a sick woman and those beautiful babies deserve much more from life. I hope I am wrong but I feel that one of the children will be hurt. Look at the video of her shopping at Target with her 7 year old son. She was shielding her eyes and face from the cameras in the parking lot (laughing of course) while her son was at least 10 - 15 feet away from her. Almost as an afterthought, she called out to him to see if he was OK. There is no way she can take care of these children.

March 24, 2009, 8:11 am CDT

DR PHIL ADMIT YOU MADE A HUGE MISTAKE!!!

DR PHIL,  ADMIT THAT YOU MADE A MISTAKE!!!    "YOU MADE A MISTAKE WITH THIS ONE!!!!"

PLEASE ADMIT IT, SO THAT I AM AT LEAST WILLING TO WATCH YOU AGAIN!!!

OCTO-MOM LIED TO YOU AS SHE HAS DONE WITH THE PRESS, HOSPITAL, AND EVERYONE ELSE!  I BET THE FATHER DOES NOT EVEN KNOW THAT HE IS THE BIOLOGICALLY ATTACHED TO 14 KIDS, PLUS HIS OWN. 

MAYBE THE IVF DOCTOR IS THE FATHER??? 

NADYA IS AN UNFIT MOTHER, WHEN SHE CARES MORE ABOUT THE PRESS IN HER HOUSE THEN HER OTHER CHILDREN HAVING BLANKETS OR EVEN GOING TO BED!!! 

YOU SHOULD HAVE NEVER HELPED HER IN THE FIRST PLACE, YOU SHOULD HAVE HELPED THE CHILDREN ONLY!!!  NOW THAT SHE HAS HER HOUSE FIXED, WHAT DOES SHE NEED YOU FOR NOW??

MORE M-O-N-E-Y!!!

SHE HAD NO INTENTION OF USING ANGELS IN WAITING!!!  THAT IS WHY SHE REFUSED THEM FROM THE BEGINNING - GET NADYA'S MOM ON YOUR SHOW AND LET HER TELL YOU WHAT KIND OF MOTHER NADYA IS - OR NUTYA, YEA THAT'S WHAT BLOGS ARE CALLING HER,  - N - U - T - Y - A!!! 

THESE CHILDREN ARE IN BIG TROUBLE!!!   I PRAY FOR THEM!!

BY THE WAY, WHAT MAKES HER KIDS BETTER THAT ANYONE ELSE'S??????   ALL CHILDREN DESERVE THE BEST!!!

BY THE WAY, THE HOSPITAL BILL AND PREMATURE CARE STILL HAS NOT BEEN DISCUSSED, SO MAYBE YOU CAN JUST ASK OCTO-MOM, WHAT SHE PLANS TO DO WITH THIS BILL?   WITH ALL HER NEW FOUND MONEY, THAT SHOULD BE HER FIRST OBLIGATION - START PAYING ON THIS BILL!!!!   

I HOPE THE HOSPITAL PUTS A LIEN ON HER HOUSE!!!  AGAIN, I FEEL REALLY BAD FOR HER NEIGHBORS - I WISH THEM PEACE AND SAFETY BECAUSE NUTYA DOES CARE ABOUT THEM NEITHER!!!  

March 24, 2009, 8:41 am CDT

Mom dropped the 'Angels'

This AM I read that the Mom dropped the "Angels"...now she's certifiably  gone around the bend. The piece I read said that one of the nannies called in a DCF report. When she brought the first two babies home her house was full of photographers....after these babies had been in a controlled environment for 2 months. She's stated before that she's a 'control freak'...yes, she is. She has already put the infants in danger because of the media. These babies should be isolated from the very people that Mom is bringing into her home. She brought the 2 girls home this past weekend. Can't the hospital deny her the final 4 babies due to her behaviors that put the infants in jeapardy.

2 questions....where did the name Suleman come from??? Her father, mother and former husband all have different names but none of them are Suleman.

...who paid the hospital bills for her 6 deliveries...the first 5 pregnancies and the final pregnancy with the 8 babies. She was hospitalized for 2 months prior to the birth, the birth and the babies hospitalized for 2+ months following the births. That has to be a bill in the 8 figure range. Please tell me the taxpayers of California are not footing the bill....

March 24, 2009, 8:55 am CDT

spending money

I don't know how trust funds work. Is it possible that Nadya fired AIW so she could hire her own nannies and  use the money from the trust. Therefore, she could hire friends and family and pad the bill enabling her to continue with her manicures and thousand dollar makeup shopping sprees.

March 24, 2009, 9:06 am CDT

Let's Stop Guessing

Any money spent at this point should be spent on an in-depth psychological evaluation on this women; by someone who could care less about ratings or getting their face or name in the media. She wants to get on with her career of counseling people! Are you kidding me!! Who in their right mind would pay for counseling from Nadya. She'll make more from the taxpayers on welfare. Nadya, either get a psychological evaluation or lose your kids. It's time for tough love and for this circus to be shut down!!

March 24, 2009, 9:15 am CDT

enough is enough!!!!

Ok I have watched this octomom since the day she had the kids. Child services need to steep in and take the kids away!. She should not be allowed to take any more of the children home. She should go to jail for tax evation and she should get help. last night i read about her getting rid of angles in waiting and i never sleep all night. Dr Phil you need to help all the kids. The woman is nuts!!!! . WE need to get the word out to stop giving her money for interviews and so on. We need to call the hospital and child service we need to stop this nut!!!!. WE NEED TO HELP ALL THE KIDS!!!!!! BEFORE IT IS TO LATE !!!!!!!!!!!

Debbie

March 24, 2009, 9:33 am CDT

No chldren, no money

I'm thinking that Radar Online may pay Nadya separately for the new nannies.  After all, if the children are taken away from Nadya, they lose their cash cow.  Those vidos of the babies with night vision cameras are sick.  How much money did Nadya get from The Insider for those?  What else will Nadya and the media think up to cash in on these poor babies?

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last