Message Boards

Topic : 03/26 Octuplets: On the Record, Part 2

Number of Replies: 601
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 06:16:19 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
After bringing all the parties together to announce the dissolution of the agreement between the octuplets’ mother, Nadya Suleman, and the organization Angels in Waiting USA, who offered care for all 14 of Nadya’s children, Dr. Phil continues the discussion. Attorney Gloria Allred and Nadya’s attorney, Jeff Czech, present two differing views about what happened inside Nadya’s house and why Angels in Waiting USA were dismissed. Dr. Phil continues to advocate for the welfare of the Suleman children above all. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 26, 2009, 8:17 am CDT

octuplets

I feel very sorry for those babies-they will not get the loving care they need from the mother..I feel that the AIW women were acting with the concerns of the babies n children in the home..Now those children will have low care with those nannies that she picked...Its only time before she kicks out kaiser permanante..Any helpers who have credentials she will kick out..Why didnt they have police blocking off the road to her house-they knew the cameras would all be there and she loves the attention..A working mother cant be with her child cause she has to work-Nadya is unemployed so she should be with her babies all day and not out shopping and galavanting all over town spending money that was donated for the babies care..I didnt see any bags of diapers or formula or clothing for the babies..She is the one who did this to herself so she should take responsibility and be there for feedings, changings, holdings, cleaning and laundry..She doesnt look like a mom who is caring for 10 kids at home-all tired and dragging..So we know she is not taking care of those children-she has other people taking care of them..What other screenings have these nannies that she chose,havent been through?? We know they havent been health screened,what about mental health?? Did she pick them up off the street-what kind of credentials do these new non- english speaking nannies have to take care of premature babies?? I think she got rid of AIW because they told her what to do and Nadya doesnt like that, you can tell by the way she talked to her mother and didnt tell her she was getting pregnant again because her mom would of said no to her, Nadya is coniving and sly..How did she pay for the invitro??How is she going to pay for all those nannies?? how will she pay for all the doctor visits and the hospital bill?? Is it true that Nadya bought a hot tub?? What money did she use-the money donated to her for the babies care..This is all going to be a very bad ending with the children being neglected and malnurished of love..Please save the babies and just place them in foster care where each one can get the love and personal attention they need and deserve..Nadya is only in it for the attention and money...I believe AIW is truthful in saying that she only came out and held and fed the babies when the media was in the room..Now that she has immigrant nannies in the house we will not know what is really happening in the house..Are these new nannies american citizens or are they illegal immigrants?? She got rid of AIW because they wouldnt sign the lawyers papers of nondisclosure to media because she wants to make money and be on shows and tell only her side of the story..

I believe there is a lot missing to the truth of this whole situation.

I would be very interested in seeing a talk show wherein the audience had the whole hour to ask their questions of concern and wonder about what is real going on in a household of presently 10 children an unemployed mother, no income and yet Nadya can buy a house, new furnishings, hot tub, cars, pay for nannies, diapers, food, care of the other six children, how is this being accomplished????????

Dr Phil please tell us the real truth!!!!   

March 26, 2009, 8:22 am CDT

OCTOMOM

I UNDERSTAND THE FRUSTRATION OF ALOT OF PEOPLE REGARDING OCTOMOM BUT I NOTICED YESTERDAY IN YOUR SHOW SOMETHING DISTURBING. THE ATTORNEY AND THE NURSE ARE OBSESSED WITH THE LADY. I AM OF HISPANIC DECENT AND WHEN I HAD MY CHILDREN (3) ONE AFTER THE OTHER (MYCHOICE) AND NOONE ELSES MY HISPANIC FAMILY MEMBERS TOOK CARE OF THEM NONE SPOKE ENGLISH YET THE NURSES AT THE HOSPITAL HAD A PROBLEM. I FEEL LIKE BOUNDRIES ARE BEING OVERSTEPPED AND THESE TWO WOMEN SOUND LIKE BIGETS. THIS COUNTRY IS A NATION OF MANY DIFFRENT PEOPLE WITH DIFFRENT BELIEFS, AND SO ON. I DON'T THINK THAT THEY SHOULD FEEL THE WAY THEY DO THINGS ARE BETTER THAN OTHER PEOPLE. I SAW A NOSY, BIGET, MEDIA SEEKING NURSE AND HER RUN DOWN ATTORNEY. THEY NEED TO MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS AND LEAVE NADYA SULEMAN ALONE WITH HER HISPANIC NON ENGLISH SPEAKING NANNIES. THAT IS NOT THEIR BUSINESS LEARN SPANISH OR GET A TRANSLATOR.  

March 26, 2009, 8:22 am CDT

Too Much Drama!!!

I tell you, this is so much drama!  Gloria & Angels in waiting go away and leave it alone, you were fired and from what I have seen of you and your personality, I would have fired you too!  This mother and her babies need to be left alone and Dr. Phil we all know you were trying to help so I suggest you just pay her care providers that she picked since they seem to be a better match.  No matter what her past or how she brought these little angels into the world that can't be changed so instead of making her children suffer by criticizing their mother, help her, guide her, and teach her how to care for 8 newborns and 14 children none the less.  It would be hard for anyone to care for that many children especially on a less than medium income for a family of 15.  America, stop what you are doing to this family and help them!  I would help if I could!

March 26, 2009, 8:24 am CDT

Angels in Waiting more like Devil in Disguise

No wonder Nadia didn't want Linda from AIW in her home, look at the things she is saying about her.  I just saw Gloria and Linda from AIW on the Early Show 3/26/9 bad mouthing Nadia AGAIN!!  WHY DOES SHE NEED TO BAD MOUTH NADIA AND TRY AND TAKE THESE CHILDREN AWAY FROM HER?? I think Linda is embarassed because she was fired and that  makes Angels in Waiting look bad and now she is bad mouthing Nadia to maker her look bad and put the focus on Nadia and off AIW.   The problem is Linda is only hurting these children, Linda and Gloria are the only people that truly do not care about these children.  Granted Nadia has made bad choices in her life but like Dr. Phil is constantly saying, it's about the children now!  They need to be with their Mother and I believe she loves them very much.  She is dealing with alot of stuff right now, a new home, 8 babies, 6 kids and 14 total,  and all these people bad mouthing her!!  I tell you if it were me, I just don't know how much I could take!  Especially after just having children and all the emotional stuff we go through.  We need to support and give her love and positive thoughts, those babies deserve it and she is their mother and she deserves it too!! 

ANGELS IN WAITING ARE DEVILS IN DISQUISE AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED!!! 

March 26, 2009, 8:29 am CDT

Dr. Phil..Why Do You Continue To Torture Us With This Nut?

Dr. Phil:  I'm sorry, but you look like a complete fool for trying to act as a mediator.  Unfortunately, you have been hoodwinked by two of the most viled women in the current limelight:  Nadya Suleman and Gloria Allred.  Ms. Allred is nothing short of an ambulance chaser and Ms. Suleman is plain evil.

You were so played by both of these women; I hope you realize that.  After foregoing the initial offer of assistance from Angels in Waiting, Ms. Suleman finally decided to accept the assistance simply because she needed to insure the babies would be allowed home...as they are her bread and butter; unfortunately nothing more, nothing less.  Ms. Allred was hoping her assistance with facilitating this service would let the public look at her in another way:  A bit more empathetic along with being less of an ambulance chaser. 

During the broadcast yesterday, Ms. Suleman indicated that she let 'Angels' go for a number of reasons...she mentioned the lack of funding.  Again, the taxpayers of California will be burdened as Kaiser Permanente will be at the forefront of the caregiving as all of this will be billed to MEDI-CAL.  Yet...today all news bureaus are reporting that Ms. Suleman is in the process or will be in the process of installing a jacuzzi at her residence.  Another topper was the 'revelation' that she once was a stripper that also was revealed right after yesterday's segment.  To me, that was no surprise. 

I hope you stick to your word and walk away from this mess as it will get horrible worse become it gets any better.  As always...the children are getting the short side of the stick.

March 26, 2009, 8:32 am CDT

03/26 Octuplets: On the Record, Part 2

Quote From: giftsfromgod

I didn't notice the emote. space during sign-up, but mine, somehow, was set at angry.  I guess frustrated and angry describes the way I'm feeling right now!  First of all, the producers of this show look for shows that are going to boost ratings.  They hit the jackpot when they found out about Nadya and the octuplets.  Until then, she'd been known to no one.  Now, not only does she have do deal with the overwhelming task of trying to make a home for her children, but she's literally got the weight of the world on her shoulders!

Does any mom out there remember suffering from post-par-tum depression?  I sure do!  Imagine that times eight!  Then multiply that by the fact that there are certain individuals (I won't name names) who are itching for her to do something wrong; and, I'd venture to say has an agenda of her/their own.  It's no wonder she wants to stay away!   And who's doing the shopping for her so that she doesn't have to?  In my city, people can call/e-mail grocery orders for delivery, but that cannot be done with clothing and certain other goods.  Say...  There's an idea!  The Head Angel in Waiting can sell the idea to Wal-Mart to make the shopping service available--to include shopping for clothing and pharmaceuticals.  In that way, she'd really be an angel rather than the devil (accuser and condemner that she's being now! 

John and Kate weren't prepared for parenting their children!  If it weren't for reality TV and people donating goods and services to them where would they be.  Is this lynch mob waiting to take those kids away?  And what about the Dogars with their eighteen kids?  The parents in that show aren't taking care of the children, the older siblings are!  Should they be taken away? 

If you're going to help her--then help her.  Counsel her with where she's going wrong.  And, for God's sake, get off her back!

This message is an accurate display of my opinion as well.  Also I have a few questions of my own.  Where was the media or Gloria when John and Kate delivered their children?  Just because there was a husband and a wife does not mean that the situation was not similar.  They brought home six, but was pregnant with seven and had a set of twins at home. 

Everyone is stating that there needs to be transparency on the situation, correct me if I am wrong I believe that I heard that the other nurses from the hospital are mandated report as well so if something wrong is going on they have to report it as well!!!!!!

In my opinion it does not matter if there is one baby or eight there can always be some type of dangers that could happen.

If the network actually portrayed the reality of John and Kate's whole life and every situation that would be one thing, but that is not what is going on.  Also if the media played the whole situation like when Nadia called 911 when her son was missing that would be one thing, but they didn't.  What would the public, the media, Angels in Waiting and Gloria do if Nadia didn't call 911 and something did happen to her son when he was missing?

On another note everyone including the media, Angels in Waiting as well as Gloria seem to be forgetting about what the fertility doctor did which was out of the California guidelines.  Why is there not continuous media cover about the doctor?  Why is the media or Radar not reporting daily what this doctor is doing?

I truly believe that if the media and the public would move on an leave Nadia alone the situation would greatly improve.  I agree with Dr. Phil stepping back now only if everyone else would.

I am not saying that Nadia made the correct choose to have more children, but there is nothing that we can do about it now except to morally support her. 

Dr. Phil I have watched every show that you have had about this and in my opinion I believe that Angels in Waiting and Gloria appeared and are continuing to be very hostile with Nadia.  I think that Gloria has always had a chip on her shoulders. 

I have also watched other shows on your in regards to dead beat fathers and I just want you to know that my husband and myself have had to go through a custody battle.  I know that this situation does involve a custody battle, but all fathers out there are not dead beats and if people like Gloria realized that there may not be so may children in foster care.  In the state of Connecticut they gave this biological mother several opportunity to provide a safe environment for her children and they didn't give the father a chance until her baby at five months old had two fractured bones in her body.

AGAIN, I BELEIVE THAT IF EVERYONE JUST LEFT NADIA ALONE AND MORRALY SUPPORT HER AND PRAYED FOR ALL OF HER CHILDREN AS WELL AS HER THE STITUATION WOULDN'T BE AS BAD AS EVERYONE IS TRYING TO MAKE IT OUT TO BE.

March 26, 2009, 8:35 am CDT

I bet you have never had children..

Quote From: carguy1933

Dr. Phil needs to quit filling this loonie woman's desire for attention.  We do not support this woman, we will not send money and we are tired of hearing about her.  If you want to help the kids, help find adoptive parents for all 14 so they have a chance to grow up normally.  They certainly won't around their mother.
 Your comment sounds like it is coming straight from a MAN that has no connection to children and definitely no empathy for children

March 26, 2009, 8:43 am CDT

Nadya's True Homecoming

I am thrilled Nadya has put her foot down and removed AIW and media beagle G. Allred from her home. I could tell Nadya was not comfortable from the beginning, which would be when Gloria discovered the octuplets and knew it would be a media circus. The nurse clearly made a statement today that made me say "there you go!" She stated "We, AIW, had been planning the home coming of these babies and this was a big deal to all of us(AIW) so of course we were all there!" I don't care if you spent 9 months planning this homecoming, it wasn't yours to embrace it was Nadya's and her friends and family, not AIW's big day! Shame on AIW for thinking that since they "planned the big day of babies coming home" that they ALL felt they were owed the right to be there. AIW and Gloria are causing more problems for this family and need to step back as Dr. Phil has stated he is now doing. Let Nadya TRY! It's her family. I know the nurses testing "probable" for TB was a concern...but the babies weren't even there yet, I feel AIW felt threatened by the nannies, oh no she hired her own help and we won't be needed 24/7. GOOD! We all have to crawl before we walk. I was 17 when I had my first child I promise you I made mistakes but my four children all turned out wonderful. Why is Gloria not all over the family with 17 kids, they receive government help? Gloria take the microphone off and go sit in a time out! AIW take a break i know this is a big deal but there are so many other families that could use your help, go do what your good at and forget about Nadya!

Nadya, Good Luck and God Bless your Family!

March 26, 2009, 8:45 am CDT

who will be the next person to quit or fired?

The list of people octuplets mother Nadya Suleman has alienated from her chaotic life grows by the day: A number of public relations handlers have parted ways and Suleman fired a group of nurses providing charity care.

Despite providing good theater on stages from the "Dr. Phil" show to Web sites, her apparent attempt to go it alone raises a larger question of how the unemployed, divorced, single mother is going to bring up 14 children. While it's unclear whether Suleman can't play well with others or if she's a victim of a situation beyond her control, former members of her inner circle are lashing out.

Suleman said she couldn't afford security for the home but that "Nadya was currently having a large new Jacuzzi tub installed in her master bedroom and a new dishwasher installed in her kitchen." Suleman has characterized herself as naive and too trusting of others, but those who have been close to her see it differently.

Public fascination with Suleman began to sour before she even left the hospital, as her identity was leaked and details of her life began trickling out: She had six other children at home and had been jobless since 1999, living on disability payments, food stamps and student loans while birthing her brood.

Suleman said Wes Yoder, who arranged book and music deals for the McCaughey septuplets a decade ago, was her new representative, but he quickly issued a statement denying it. Then came P.R.Victor Munoz, who quit March 7 citing personal reasons but also telling a tabloid Suleman was "real greedy" and "nuts."

March 26, 2009, 8:55 am CDT

BIG BIG MISTAKE

Quote From: jlangel

Why is Gloria Allred allowed to be in this woman's life without her permission? She looks desperate and is making a fool of herself. Surely she doesn't need the money that much! A new wig and a makeover seems essential for someone who loves being in the media at all costs. She is a little creepy.

The nurse (?) Linda has clearly proven the mothers feelings of being judged. They need to go away quietly and allow this family to live. They seem so unprofessional. I would not want there women in my home for any kind of nursing care. I can't imagine who would after this. They are not doing themselves any favors.

OMG!! Who do these two women think they are?  How dare they.  Can't you just imagine working for the supposedly "PROFESSIONAL"???  This woman is quite a number and so unprofessional and a schemer.  Granted this is a tough situation but Gloria Allred and army have made it that much worse. Nadya was set up for failure.  Also there were undertones of racial prejudice which Gloria tried to cover over for that Linda Angels in Waiting person.  Does she live in California?  If she does certainly she would have educated herself in the other most spoken language there... spanish. After all how can she truly minister to her clients if she does NOT make herself more informed in order to care for ALL  babies. What happens if they are caring for a Hispanic baby, hmm???  This is a horrible situation and the two devils with the red dress have made it worse. Where in the hell is their compassion?  Ugly ugly mean spirited and self impressed women.  Get rid of Gloria... she is like a scratch on a black board.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last