Message Boards

Topic : 03/31 Young Wives at a Turning Point, Part 4

Number of Replies: 26
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, March 26, 2009, 04:03:12 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Three young couples who struggle to deal with issues such as domestic violence, infidelity and addiction check into The Dr. Phil House to overhaul their relationships. As the last day approaches, a couple’s conversation becomes an angry confrontation. One wife realizes the need for fun in a relationship, and how it can strengthen their union. Can she overcome her fear of leaving their kids with a babysitter? The men learn that the time to grow up and be responsible fathers is now. Will they embrace the role of the man in the family? And, an emergency visit from a police officer gives all the couples a reality check. Could you be at risk of losing your children and not even know it? Don’t miss the poignant moment with Dr. Phil that leaves all three couples tearfully vowing to change. Get inspired to fix your own problem relationship before it’s too late!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 27, 2009, 11:56 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show.

A At Doctor Four Part Phil Point Wives Young. Well Well Well here we go again another round of Doctor-----

Phil and wives. See you on March 30 Tuesday Th, 2009. Siuncerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-----------------

March 28, 2009, 8:36 pm CDT

03/31 Young Wives at a Turning Point, Part 4

I can't wait to watch this one.  I can see progress being made for 2 out of the 3 couples.  I have a really bad feeling Cadum and Monica are headed for divorce simply b/c she won't relent. 

March 31, 2009, 10:56 am CDT

Young Wives

I am wondering why Dr. Phil didn't call Cadem's wife on the carpet for her controling behavior. She married the man and now she's mad that he is not living up to her expectations. I do appreciate the fact that Dr. Phil said that she was going to look like the bad guy in the relationship because she did. Granted Cadem was not totally without fault, but she seemed as if she thought she was perfect and she wasn't. They both have a great deal of growing up to do and they better do it fast because they have a young child.

March 31, 2009, 1:55 pm CDT

threatening child protection

After viewing today's episode I felt compelled to write a note to let people know that the information was less than accurate.  I understand the thought behind having a detective confront the couples based on their behavior, however I think it was completely inappropriate to threaten them with child protective services and tell them that their children WILL be removed from their home and it is difficult to have the children returned to them.  I have been a child protection worker for over 6 years and am disappointed in the over generalization and threatening manor that child protective services were discussed today.  It is completely inaccurate to state that children will be removed from their home based on the situaitons that were described today, of course it is a possibility but should not be threatened.  Children are removed from their home based on the immediate safety of the children., which is clearly defined  by statues.  It is our goal to ALWAYS try to reunify the children with their parents and it is not our goal to keep children away from their families.  If Dr. Phil was trying to scare the couples, that is one thing, but it is not helping anyone to threaten couples with child protective services, especially when the information is not truthful.  Child protection workers work very hard at keeping families together and this type of generalizations is extremely harmful to the nature of our work.

March 31, 2009, 1:55 pm CDT

Tonights show..3/31

I WON'T be watching tonight....being that my partner in the heat of an aurgument said " you are just like that bi*&^H on doctor Phil. (the one that interupts) and then two nights later, he threw me acoss the room by my hair. Whatever!

March 31, 2009, 2:10 pm CDT

Is Monica for real

Watching Monica reminded me of where I was at her age in my marriage. Weve now been together 23 yrs. I have to wonder if she grew up in a religion like I did. Was she taught that chewing, drinking, smoking was against Gods will. I heard her say something about him breaking his promises to her reguarding this very issue. This is what almost destroyed my marriage. I was controlling just like Monica. Sadly it took till 5 yrs ago before I got a clue and made some major changes. I can only hope and pray that it doesn't take her that long. What I would do to have some time to sit down and help her!

March 31, 2009, 2:17 pm CDT

I think Tara and Matt got it

I think Tara and Matt got the message from Dr. Phil.  If they would each stop trying to degrade the other and just remember why they married each other and what it is about them the love instead.  Talk to each other like they are another human that has feelings.  I think they can make  it.  If Ed quits drinking and Jenna lets go of the past - they may have a chance as well.  Monica and Cadum - hmmm.... she can't shut up or admit she is wrong.  He can't stop smiling, which I think is just a cover.  I think he wants to do better.  Hopefully Monica will give him a break and start giving him a little praise and not so much hatered.  They all need to treat each other with more respect. 

March 31, 2009, 2:38 pm CDT

03/31 Young Wives at a Turning Point, Part 4

I hope I'm not speaking too soon but I think all 3 couples might finally be getting it.  From what I've seen, each couple told their spouses the qualities that irritated them the most and made accusations, putting both sides on the defensive.  However, when Dr. Phil basically para-phrased what each couple told one another, all 6 of them listened and aknowledged it.  I guess they just had that much anger and resentment built up over time that they weren't willing to listen to one another.  I certainly hope they'll start now for the kids sake.  I think this episode was a real eye-opener for all involved.  I would like to see a follow-up in several more months to see the progress.   

March 31, 2009, 3:37 pm CDT

smoking and being a parent

is it just me or does almost everyone in the Dr.Phil house smoke? i wish form once he would at least mention this to them and talk to them about it. you have young women and men who have small children and are smoking. did they smoke during there pregnancies? do they smoke in front of there kids? my mom smoked through having me and i have no end in medical problems. this is a horrible example to be showing on national tv Dr. Phil. as i think it, its been a running theme on the Dr.Phil house from the beginning and shows no signs of being dealt with.

March 31, 2009, 4:58 pm CDT

3 young wives

Dr Phil gave good advice, but I fear that bringing in the cop was a mistake.  To me, all that does is tell a battered woman to tolerate a man's abuse and don't call the cops or they will take her kids away. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | Next | Last