Message Boards

Topic : 04/17 Amazing Weight Loss Reveals

Number of Replies: 13
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, April 09, 2009, 06:18:12 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Last September, Dr. Phil kicked off his Ultimate Weight Loss Solution challenge, with six teams of two committing to his program and competing against each other to lose pounds and inches. After conquering Dr. Phil’s 7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedom, siblings Joe and Lauren, and college roommates Annette and Emilie return to Dr. Phil’s stage to give an update on their remarkable progress. Don’t miss their amazing transformations! See who’s proud to fit back into a sexy black dress, and who is in good enough shape to be on a track and field team! Plus, another brother/sister duo says they sympathize with Joe and Lauren. Scott and Misty say their arguments often escalate to personal attacks about each other’s weight, and they want help to stop the name-calling and start being partners toward a healthier lifestyle. Are they up for Dr. Phil’s challenge? See the surprise he has in store for them!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 10, 2009, 4:24 am CDT

04/17 Weight Loss Reveal

Only two new shows this week? At least neither is about nadya!

April 10, 2009, 4:26 am CDT

04/17 Weight Loss Reveal

April 10, 2009, 4:28 am CDT

04/17 Weight Loss Reveal

A brand new not-about-nadya show! Wonderful!

April 14, 2009, 2:20 pm CDT

04/17 Amazing Weight Loss Reveals

Quote From: cadescove99

Only meant to post this once. I was using mobile Internet and told me to retry. So, I did and it got posted twice.

April 14, 2009, 2:23 pm CDT

Only four at the reveal? What about the other eight? Will their reveal be later? Or, is this the last show? I was expecting more. 

April 14, 2009, 2:25 pm CDT

Yesterday, prosecutors decided to seek the death penalty for Casey Anthony. Guess Dr Phil will be updating us soon.

April 17, 2009, 3:07 pm CDT

Losing Inches Instead of Pounds

I have been working out hard for the last 35 days and I have been losing Inches instead of pounds, Is this normal.  Is it ok to do cardio everyday normally I burn 1000 calories per day. Please Advise.

April 17, 2009, 3:22 pm CDT

Bravo!

I just want to say that I am grateful for shows like yours, Biggest Loser, and Dr. Oz for addressing the reality of weight loss.  It's really not as difficult as you think.  I was 200 pounds four and a half years ago.  I worked out for 30 minutes 6 days a week.  I read the back of everything I ate, got my hands on a booklet of every fast food restaurant and the caloric count of their menus.  I made sure not to go over 1300-1500 calories a day and not below 1200. I lost 70 pounds in 10 months.  I also made sure to eat breakfast every morning.  I never used to.  Something simple.  A 60 calorie yogurt and a plain waffle.  That's only 160 calories.  I snacked on plain whole grain cereal during the day, or a 100 calorie granola bar. (now there's 100 calorie packaged snacks) I never deprived myself of the foods I love.  I just portioned it carefully.  It is doable.  I've gone up 10-15 pounds here and there (usuallly during the holidays) and then I would adjust my eating habits and within a short  time, a month I would be back to where I was.  It IS doable!!!! No trainer.  No gym. No book.  At home.  Myself.  Anyone can!

April 17, 2009, 3:29 pm CDT

Frustrated with obsticles

I watched the show today regarding weight loss........ One thing that sticks in my mind was when Dr Phil asked one person..." whats your excuse!?"

Ok....maybe they are excuses, but I view it more as obsticles in my way, and they are facts!

First let me mention....I am a 37 year old female, just had my last baby girl who is almost 6 months old. Which is obsticle #1........ she keeps me busy, if freqrently fussy, and the only time I get a break from her is if I am working. Work is my # 2 obsticle...I eat alot on the go cause I am so busy, and work causes me alot of stress! #3 obsticle.....finances........ have you noticed it gets costly eating the required foods! I would love to exersice....but who has the time!?

Last, but not least......I don't think I would get the needed support from those around me. namely my husband who can eat the amount of what 3 or 4 people can eat!? I know they would say they support me, but don't think they would comprehend the extent of the commitment they would need to make to help me!?

April 17, 2009, 4:05 pm CDT

WEIGHT LOSS

After being a caregiver to my wife for many years  and having a full time job (needed the insurance for our healthcare),  I decided to make myself well and healthy (My wife paased away in March, 2008). 

I joined the local healthclub and put myself on a healthy diet.

My blood pressure, sugars, LDL cholestrol  have all been reduced and my heart is stronger.  I was a bit nervouse of doing this, since I hard a stroke in 1995. but after talking with my doctor, he said , "Go for it".  Now my doctor told me that I am getting younger, not older.

So far I have lost 38 lbs. and lost 6 pant sizes.  I go to the club and least 5 times a week.  Sometimes I only go to do my laps in the swimming pool. I also go kayaking and ride my bike wherever I can. I get at least 7 hours of sleep at night and sometimes take a short nap after a strenuous workout.

Don't  think I will ever give up this great lifestyle aand recomend it to everyone.  If I can do this at the age of 70, anyone can do it!!  The other day someone asked me how old I was and thold that that I was 70, they thought I was 45 or 50.....See, excercise does pay.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next | Last