Message Boards

Topic : 04/22 Why Was Little Sandra Murdered?

Number of Replies: 42
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 17, 2009, 09:47:41 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
It's the story everyone is talking about: The horrific murder and alleged rape of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu. Dr. Phil has been flooded with e-mails and questions asking what kind of a person would commit such a heinous crime. Is it possible that a mother could do something like this to someone else's child? People are asking, do I need to worry about my neighbor? How do I spot a person who might be a threat to my child? How do I talk to my children about this? Dr. Phil deconstructs the case and tells you what you need to know to protect your kids. Learn details about suspect Melissa Huckaby you have never heard before, including what Dr. Phil says about something from her past that may help explain this twisted murder. Former New York City homicide prosecutor Star Jones is on hand with important legal analysis. Will the Sunday school teacher face different treatment from the judicial system because she's female? Also weighing in is Candice DeLong, a former FBI profiler, who offers insight into the highly unusual circumstances surrounding little Sandra's murder. And, reporter Jennifer Wadsworth spoke directly with Huckaby before her arrest. Learn her impressions. Plus, hear from the parents of the little girl who sat next to Sandra in class and now is afraid to sleep alone. How safe is your son or daughter? Would you know how to spot a child molester? Find out why Dr. Phil says the most helpful person in your life might be the biggest threat to your child. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 22, 2009, 1:38 pm CDT

04/22 Why Was Little Sandra Murdered?

I think it is very frightening for mothers and fathers of young children today. Who can you trust? I don't understand why anyone would hurt a child much less murder them and totally do not understand why a woman would rape a little girl that just came over to play with her daughter.

To the parents and family of Sandra Cantu, God bless you and carry you through this time of sorrow. I will keep you in my prayers.

April 22, 2009, 1:40 pm CDT

Warning

This is my first time posting a message but from what I heard on the show today I feel the need to share.  On the show you talked about strangers being the ones to fear.  I was victimized be a relative. I have heard that more often than not the perpetrator is known. Please warn parents to guard against giving anyone too much unsupervised time with your children.

EJ,

NJ 

April 22, 2009, 2:02 pm CDT

Wanted to reply to this

I want to tell little sandra's friends and family Im so sorry for your lose and nothing can replace your daughter and I will pray for you and your family ! I cant imagine the pain and disbeleif that you have. I really hope you will find some comfort from everyone who reaches out to you and your family .

As a mom myself I dont know why all these sick s.o.bs are killing our innocent kids that I just cant comprehend or what your going through. These people are sick and they dont deserve to breath I dont care what they claim is wrong with that sicko.

Im really angry because there is nothing that anyone can do to prepare us or tell us danger is near your child especialy when we know these sick morons.

We all sit back and watch our kids grow only to hope and pray everyday that no one has taken or hurt or killed our kids or a drunk killed one of our children.

These cases hurt my heart for all involved and I pray that I see my daughter as long as Im on our earth.What angers me the most is after a person like this is found out a little to late they want to lable her as insane or they get a slap on the face and they are still breathing while we morn the lose of every ones children and maybe our own and they want to let some more of these idiots,killers out on the street so they can go do it again.

She has a wrap sheet like a man and shes living in a place where there are kids I dont get it I really dont why kids why?

Why any life?Then she has the gaul to start crying in front of the judge please.She knows exactly what she did she understood what the judge said right but when shes getting defense she'll act stupid so she gets mercy of the courts and the familys are there for justic for there kids or loved one who was killed for no good reason!

How can they defend this with the camera as shown the last time she was seen ? As for all the parents who are losing there precious kids by killers like this my heart goes out to all of you and I pray for your familys I cant imagine this happing to me and dealing with it later,Im so sorry your familys and the moms My heart breaks for all of you! May you all find peice somehow that your kids know they had the best parents that any child could have! Im sorry for all your pain! I wish you all well in your future to come and it will take alot of time to heal just a small fraction of what your going through! Take care!

HOPE FOR ALL !

April 22, 2009, 2:05 pm CDT

Melissa's Daughter

No one has mentioned Melissa's daughter in all of this and I am extremely concerned about her. Have they taken her to an OB/GYN for an examination to see if her Mother has been molesting her?

April 22, 2009, 2:14 pm CDT

HOPE FOR ALL

Quote From: cadescove99

But at least it is not about you know who! The defendants gender should have nothing to do with the disposition of this case. If a man would get the death penalty, so should she!

I absoulutly agree with that! She should get the death penalilty for shore!

Or is she to pretty too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     Hope!

April 22, 2009, 2:56 pm CDT

I am so angry at what Star Jones said

Dear Dr.Phil

I am so angry at what Star Jones said about women not doing such a thing as what Mellessa did such as rape this little girl.

Yes more men are charged with this but let me tell you I am not the only women or(little girl when it happened) but it happens let me tell you. I was only 6 or 7 when my aunt raped me and her father my grandfather my dads father molested me. 

I am 67 yrs old now, I have wrote unsent letters to them when I was 41 then again when I was 46. Without going into details my aunt used different things such as corncobs, among other things.

Charges were never brought against them, because back then late 40's  to early 50's things like this was put into closet.  I told my grandmother what grandpa was doing and she told her son(my father) they both made me apologize to my grandfather for telling a lie. Since then I was pegged as family liar. My grandfather made me promise to never tell or say anything about what his daughter was doing.

I watch your show religiously and wanted to comment many times and didn't,  but this I could not let go by without saying anything. I was crying then so angry at Star for saying what she said, memories flooded back, I know what that little girl felt and went through, as far as the rape, molestation. I'm alive  but there were times in my teen yrs and as an adult (6-30) when I wish I was dead, and have in my 20's attempted suicide. I'm fine now because of the unsent letters I wrote, but it was a long lonely road.

Please NEVER think women or mothers don't do such a thing. I broke the chain of abuse when I had my son . Please continue helping children, you and Robin are my hero's, I wish you were around when I was going through the abuse. Praise the Lord he brought you both into this world and others like you.

Thank You for Listening/reading

michRuth

April 22, 2009, 3:06 pm CDT

Ugly to the bone!

Quote From: hopeforall2001

I absoulutly agree with that! She should get the death penalilty for shore!

Or is she to pretty too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     Hope!

Regardless of her outward appearance, on the inside, she is ugly to the bone! And, this was not her first offense against a child. Heard on last night`s news there was a previous incident about whicg nothing was done. A fricking shame!

April 22, 2009, 3:35 pm CDT

Star jones is the reason i quit watching the view.

Quote From: michruth

Dear Dr.Phil

I am so angry at what Star Jones said about women not doing such a thing as what Mellessa did such as rape this little girl.

Yes more men are charged with this but let me tell you I am not the only women or(little girl when it happened) but it happens let me tell you. I was only 6 or 7 when my aunt raped me and her father my grandfather my dads father molested me. 

I am 67 yrs old now, I have wrote unsent letters to them when I was 41 then again when I was 46. Without going into details my aunt used different things such as corncobs, among other things.

Charges were never brought against them, because back then late 40's  to early 50's things like this was put into closet.  I told my grandmother what grandpa was doing and she told her son(my father) they both made me apologize to my grandfather for telling a lie. Since then I was pegged as family liar. My grandfather made me promise to never tell or say anything about what his daughter was doing.

I watch your show religiously and wanted to comment many times and didn't,  but this I could not let go by without saying anything. I was crying then so angry at Star for saying what she said, memories flooded back, I know what that little girl felt and went through, as far as the rape, molestation. I'm alive  but there were times in my teen yrs and as an adult (6-30) when I wish I was dead, and have in my 20's attempted suicide. I'm fine now because of the unsent letters I wrote, but it was a long lonely road.

Please NEVER think women or mothers don't do such a thing. I broke the chain of abuse when I had my son . Please continue helping children, you and Robin are my hero's, I wish you were around when I was going through the abuse. Praise the Lord he brought you both into this world and others like you.

Thank You for Listening/reading

michRuth

She never knows what she is talking about. Why dr phil would have her on his show is beyond me. Next time, have a real reporter on your show! Not some self proclaimed wannabe diva!

April 22, 2009, 4:36 pm CDT

Letter to Jennifer who reported on Melissa's Case

Quote From: justgreatgma

No one has mentioned Melissa's daughter in all of this and I am extremely concerned about her. Have they taken her to an OB/GYN for an examination to see if her Mother has been molesting her?

Dear Jennifer, 

Thank you for your report on the recent Huckaby murder. It is very close to my heart as I have nephews and nieces in Tracy. It is also very close to my heart as I have been a child advocate for over 20 years. I am a retired Crime Analyst w/20 years in law enforcement before retiring with the Oxnard Police Department. While this incident is tragic and reprehensible, there are many, many children viciously killed on a daily basis.   Thank you again for bringing this issue to the public and raising the awareness.  

I was a recent speaker at the 3rd Annual Child Abuse Awareness March held in Palmdale on Aprill 11 for Supevisor Michael Antonovich (Los Angeles).  I would love to speak with you to discuss the epidemic of child cruelty. I have attached the link to the speech I gave at your 3rd Annual Child Abuse Awareness March below. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=433KhbweIa0 

Twenty years ago, after adopting three severely abused children with over 29 reports of child abuse (sodomy, starvation, broken bones, etc.), I began to track child abuse reports. My 5 year old was only 18.5 pounds and social services still wanted to reunify these children with their drug addicted parents. I have since devoted my life to raising public awareness to how child cruelty leads to hundreds of deaths each year and thousands upon thousands of injuries to helpless children. 

• During the Iraqi War over the past 6 years, over 4,400 American soldiers have been killed. American citizens are outra 
ged over their deaths. 
• In that same time frame of six years, 9000 American children have been killed by their caregivers. Where is the outrage over their deaths? 

We are fighting a war against terrorism in Iraq while daily thousands of American children live lives of terror never knowing if they will have food withheld or when the next blow will be struck or the next bone will be broken, or a hand will be held over an open flame, or a body slammed against a wall. 

A few people die from tainted meat, or peanut butter, or suffer from measles and the CDC speeds to action. But there is no CDC for victims of child cruelty. 

A small group of us have banded together and formed an organization, National Association Against Child Cruelty (NAACC) to educate the public abut this problem. One of our goals is to form a mobile Wall of Tears (similar to the mobile Viet Nam Wall) listing the names of children who have been killed by their care-givers because of cruelty. We hope to visit every State capital and eventually end the trip in Washington DC in order to present facts, and statistics to Congressional members and make changes to Title 42 USC, Chapter 5106. Congress is the only Body that can legislatively affect change that would change laws for the entire nation when it comes to child cruelty and stop reunifying children with their abusers. Child abusers are criminals and must be treated as the criminals they are. Mr. Antonovich, would you give an arsonist a match? A burglar the keys to your car? A pedophile your child20to babysit? Then why do social workers continue to reunify children with their abusers? America needs to see and hear what really happens to our abused children. 

We know your dedication to educate and inform. This, perhaps, is an area you could look into and in doing so effect what is being cruelly done to our most precious asset. We would be very happy to work with you in this area. For most Americans, their sole legacy to the world is their children. 

Sincerely, 

Jane LeMond-Alvarez 
www.theinjusticefiles.com 

April 22, 2009, 4:47 pm CDT

Me Too

Dear Dr. Phil,

I was raped throughout my childhood by my mother. One of the hardest things I've had to deal with is that our society does not believe that a mother could rape her daughter.

Thank god my psychiatrist and psychologists knew better. After fifteen years of therapy I finally live in a happy, safe and loving home.

It hurts my heart to think of little Sandra. Having her little body exhumed to prove the truth of what happened to her is like raping her again.

I understand why people don't want to know that women rape children, but hiding our heads in the sand adds more pain to the victims.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next | Last