Message Boards

Topic : 04/22 Why Was Little Sandra Murdered?

Number of Replies: 42
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 17, 2009, 09:47:41 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
It's the story everyone is talking about: The horrific murder and alleged rape of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu. Dr. Phil has been flooded with e-mails and questions asking what kind of a person would commit such a heinous crime. Is it possible that a mother could do something like this to someone else's child? People are asking, do I need to worry about my neighbor? How do I spot a person who might be a threat to my child? How do I talk to my children about this? Dr. Phil deconstructs the case and tells you what you need to know to protect your kids. Learn details about suspect Melissa Huckaby you have never heard before, including what Dr. Phil says about something from her past that may help explain this twisted murder. Former New York City homicide prosecutor Star Jones is on hand with important legal analysis. Will the Sunday school teacher face different treatment from the judicial system because she's female? Also weighing in is Candice DeLong, a former FBI profiler, who offers insight into the highly unusual circumstances surrounding little Sandra's murder. And, reporter Jennifer Wadsworth spoke directly with Huckaby before her arrest. Learn her impressions. Plus, hear from the parents of the little girl who sat next to Sandra in class and now is afraid to sleep alone. How safe is your son or daughter? Would you know how to spot a child molester? Find out why Dr. Phil says the most helpful person in your life might be the biggest threat to your child. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 22, 2009, 10:02 pm CDT

I`m a regular viewer

Quote From: aromaticangel

You watch the show all the time???  This show was an eye opener, it was nice to hear from the panel actually.  Just because rape is involved, doesn't mean that a female wasn't involved, it just opens up the door to more people that took a part in this brutal act (and she could have simply just used an object).  You honestly need to positive, being negative is not going to take the matter anywhere or give anyone closure.  Are we suppose to wait and continue to suffer until someone is tried for this case??? 

Dr phil discussed this with jay leno tooight, that it is quite rare but some women do rape children. i assume with an object.

April 23, 2009, 6:53 am CDT

04/22 Why Was Little Sandra Murdered?

Quote From: scarleta

What worries me is that there are too many people jumping to conclusions too soon.  Nothing has been proven in a court of law YET!  Whatever happened to innocent until PROVEN GUILTY?  If this woman did it, it will come out.  But . . . for now, this is not even a discussion that belongs on the table.

I love Dr. Phil show and watch daily.  But this has me worried . . . this big jump to conclusion!  Whoa, slow it down there Dr. Phil.  She did not confess and there is no more proof than the suitcase (that was reported missing) and the fact she MAY have been the last one to see the child.

If rape was involved, I lean more towards the fact they have the wrong person.  I believe it's soooo rare and obscure that the police need to look a little further before rushing this thing.

Also Dr. Phil, you have no right to try a person on your show with a "panel".  This is a matter for our legal system.  Let it work.  If and only if and when she is convicted, then it would be proper for you to examine this issue.

I agree. If she's guilty the truth will out.

April 23, 2009, 8:33 am CDT

If rape is in involved...they have the wrong person

What worries me is that there are too many people jumping to conclusions too soon.  Nothing has been proven in a court of law YET!  Whatever happened to innocent until PROVEN GUILTY?  If this woman did it, it will come out.  But . . . for now, this is not even a discussion that belongs on the table.

I love Dr. Phil show and watch daily.  But this has me worried . . . this big jump to conclusion!  Whoa, slow it down there Dr. Phil.  She did not confess and there is no more proof than the suitcase (that was reported missing) and the fact she MAY have been the last one to see the child.

If rape was involved, I lean more towards the fact they have the wrong person.  I believe it's soooo rare and obscure that the police need to look a little further before rushing this thing.

Also Dr. Phil, you have no right to try a person on your show with a "panel".  This is a matter for our legal system.  Let it work.  If and only if and when she is convicted, then it would be proper for you to examine this issue.

During my law enforcement career, I administered the sex offender program for the county of Ventura.  There were many female sex offenders...often the District Attorney did not allow them to go forward with a jury trial because it was difficult to prosecute a mother who was on the stand crying..Jurors just couldn't believe that a mother  would do such a thing.  In fact, most child abusers are the mothers.  Ma'am, it is not rare that females rape others with foreign objects.  I wrote a book called "BLINDERS" because it reflects the attitudes of most Americans.  The reason you do not know about it is because of confidentiality.  When a child has been sexually molested, social services hides behind closed doors under the guise of confidentiality.  I have seen many cases of molestation by females.  If you read further blogs, you will find the victims crying out that they were abused by their mothers. 

Dr Phil does have the right to bring this to the forefront.  That is the problem today - out of sight, out of mind.  Only when we start to address the problem openly will it be solved.  Did you know that over 4,400 American soldiers have been killed in the Iraq war in the past 6 years?  Over 9,100 American children have been killed by their caregivers in the same time period?  That is 3 times the number of people killed in the Twin Towers.  America was outraged then...why have they not been outraged over the number of innocent children killed?  Out of sight, out of mind.  Thank you Dr. Phil for bringing this to the forefront!

April 23, 2009, 11:42 am CDT

Don`t you just love it

Quote From: janealvarez

During my law enforcement career, I administered the sex offender program for the county of Ventura.  There were many female sex offenders...often the District Attorney did not allow them to go forward with a jury trial because it was difficult to prosecute a mother who was on the stand crying..Jurors just couldn't believe that a mother  would do such a thing.  In fact, most child abusers are the mothers.  Ma'am, it is not rare that females rape others with foreign objects.  I wrote a book called "BLINDERS" because it reflects the attitudes of most Americans.  The reason you do not know about it is because of confidentiality.  When a child has been sexually molested, social services hides behind closed doors under the guise of confidentiality.  I have seen many cases of molestation by females.  If you read further blogs, you will find the victims crying out that they were abused by their mothers. 

Dr Phil does have the right to bring this to the forefront.  That is the problem today - out of sight, out of mind.  Only when we start to address the problem openly will it be solved.  Did you know that over 4,400 American soldiers have been killed in the Iraq war in the past 6 years?  Over 9,100 American children have been killed by their caregivers in the same time period?  That is 3 times the number of people killed in the Twin Towers.  America was outraged then...why have they not been outraged over the number of innocent children killed?  Out of sight, out of mind.  Thank you Dr. Phil for bringing this to the forefront!

When people tell dr phil how to do his show? What, and when, he has the right to discuss? What happened to this child was not an isolated evemt. Abuse, often by trusted caregivers, is all too common. Parents must be warned!

April 23, 2009, 2:01 pm CDT

Irresponsible parents share the blame

According to news reports, Sandra played at the Huckaby house, with Melissa's child, "every day." Yet, in the Dr. Phil interview, Sandra's mother stated that she knew Melissa Huckaby "casually," that she saw her around sometimes. Sandra's mother basically shrugged when Dr. Phil asked her the question. Sandra played at the Huckaby house, she said, and their child NEVER came to the Cantu house. Why didn't Sandra bring her friend(s) home? Why didn't Sandra's family know the people she was in the care of?

Sandra ran around the neighborhood unsupervised, apparently without even the slightest effort or interest by her parent(s) to know where she was and who she was hanging out with. Had this been a different interview subject, without the politically correct requirement of his appearance of total sympathy, Dr. Phil would have pounced on this mother's plain lack of regard for where and with whom her 8-year-old child was spending her time.

In that famous final "skipping child" videotape, Sandra can be seen heading in the direction of her own home, glancing that way, and then heading off down the street. Perhaps if there had been more interest and attention for her at her own home, she would have been more inclined to go that way, to check in, to let her family know where she was going.

April 23, 2009, 7:04 pm CDT

So,

Quote From: philzatool

According to news reports, Sandra played at the Huckaby house, with Melissa's child, "every day." Yet, in the Dr. Phil interview, Sandra's mother stated that she knew Melissa Huckaby "casually," that she saw her around sometimes. Sandra's mother basically shrugged when Dr. Phil asked her the question. Sandra played at the Huckaby house, she said, and their child NEVER came to the Cantu house. Why didn't Sandra bring her friend(s) home? Why didn't Sandra's family know the people she was in the care of?

Sandra ran around the neighborhood unsupervised, apparently without even the slightest effort or interest by her parent(s) to know where she was and who she was hanging out with. Had this been a different interview subject, without the politically correct requirement of his appearance of total sympathy, Dr. Phil would have pounced on this mother's plain lack of regard for where and with whom her 8-year-old child was spending her time.

In that famous final "skipping child" videotape, Sandra can be seen heading in the direction of her own home, glancing that way, and then heading off down the street. Perhaps if there had been more interest and attention for her at her own home, she would have been more inclined to go that way, to check in, to let her family know where she was going.

Sandra`s murder is her parents`s fault? That`s what your post suggests. Gad, you`re cruel!

April 24, 2009, 10:20 am CDT

04/22 Why Was Little Sandra Murdered?

To Sandra's family I am sorry for your loss. We will pray for you. Also this is the very reason why me and my husband do not allow our 12 year old daughter to go anywhere alone. This woman and I use the word loosely is evil plain and simple and why is it they always try to scream mental illness when it's a woman? but if it had been a man no mental issuses would have even been brought up. Plus this psycho has had other issues before too as we have seen on tv. Why was she able to have her kid for?? I think the system failed sandra because if they had gotten her when she attempted this with the other girl little sandra could be alive today. I hope they give this evil person the death penalty.

April 24, 2009, 1:04 pm CDT

Mental illness?

Quote From: princessgina

To Sandra's family I am sorry for your loss. We will pray for you. Also this is the very reason why me and my husband do not allow our 12 year old daughter to go anywhere alone. This woman and I use the word loosely is evil plain and simple and why is it they always try to scream mental illness when it's a woman? but if it had been a man no mental issuses would have even been brought up. Plus this psycho has had other issues before too as we have seen on tv. Why was she able to have her kid for?? I think the system failed sandra because if they had gotten her when she attempted this with the other girl little sandra could be alive today. I hope they give this evil person the death penalty.
I think they give wonen the mental illness defense because of this fairer sex bullpoop that no woman is as capable of neanness as a man. But i don`t buy it. Women are just as capable of evil as men!

April 24, 2009, 1:28 pm CDT

I suspect

You will be posting again next week Telling dq phil he had no right to do the craigs list killer show either since that suspect has nnt confessed or had his trial yet.

April 24, 2009, 11:07 pm CDT

I thought it's the parent job to protect the children

Yes, you may have heard anger in my post.... But  there is a lot of missing factors in this case that are mind boggling. What happened to innocent until proven guilty??? I'm not blaming the mother for Sandra's horrible death.. But why didn't the mother know Melissa better?? Why didn't the mother know where her daughter was going. I meet the parents of all my daughters friends, and not just a hi I'm so and so. I don't care who the parent of my daughters friends are, they could be police officers or in the  church and even little league couches and so on. I don't blame the mother out right and I do feel sympathy for the entire family. I think WHO ever did the crime will get the death penalty. But on the same note, a parent should be more aware of the children's surroundings and who they are with. I feel very sad that people judge people before they get a fair trial and the evidence is strong and  there is no doubt that the person is guilty. At the moment I still have doubt that she is the killer and I did not mean to state that since she didn't confess that she is Innocent. I'm not ignorant, but I am aware that she has been ambushed and people have not heard the entire story. The saddest thing is that there are also sooo many other missing children and they are ignored.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next | Last