Message Boards

Topic : 04/27 Craigslist Killer? Profile of the Med Student Accused

Number of Replies: 44
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, April 23, 2009, 02:11:52 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
What would drive a young man with a bright and promising future to allegedly commit such a brutal crime? Dr. Phil goes behind the headlines and takes a look inside the life of the accused Craigslist killer Philip Markoff. He speaks to a close college buddy of the Boston University medical student and also hears from a photographer who had worked with Julissa Brisman, the murdered woman who advertised her masseuse services on Craigslist. What does the hotel surveillance footage reveal on the night Julissa was shot? Plus, Markoff's fiancée claims that the clean-cut student couldn't have committed such a heinous act. Dr. Phil deconstructs a case that has shocked the country. You don't want to miss this riveting show! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 24, 2009, 10:24 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show.

Accused Craig Doctor Killer Med Of Phil Profile Student The. I like this show alot. I never been on craig------

list before. See you on April Monday 27th, 2009. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.------------------------------

April 24, 2009, 12:51 pm CDT

Craigs list killeq

I suppose dr phil is going to get the usual crank posts saying he has no right to do this show because the suspect has mot confessed or been convicted. Bullpoop! Many people have come to harm because of social networking sites. This danger must be addressed!

April 24, 2009, 1:10 pm CDT

A whole month

Without another octomom show! Thank you, dr phil!

April 25, 2009, 4:02 pm CDT

Close to home

My wife is one of the Get Real Retreat participants. Her dad was a serial killer.....I will be interested to see how the family of the sicko responds.

April 25, 2009, 4:42 pm CDT

Craigslist Killer

My first job after graduating High School was working at the Nova Scotia Hospital as an orderly. This was a Phycriatic hospital, and was easy to get work at this instituation in our community.

While working on the addmission ward I encountered several students (one in Particular) who was a Med student At Dalhousie School Of Medicine in Halifax, NS,(attemted to commit suicide) after talking with him he admitted to me that he was attemting to meet his parents expectations (of becomeing a doctor) and frlt he could not meet this expectation and decided to end his life, a very young man who didn`t  feel he could meet the expectations of his parents.

This might not have anything to do with this particular situation, however I really believe that the curcumstances regarding this case is similar in fact. Given the age factof, Med student, Suicide tendancies. This individual has found a way out of his situation, still will be famous, won`t have to satisfy anyone but himself, and will be locked away so no one can get to him , ( which will free him from the realistic pressure of trying to please someone else)

I really feel that if we were to investigate his past, that ther had been  emotional, as well as physical abuse at sometime in his life.

I also believe that if a life i taken by someone that the penalty should fit the crime.

Al

April 25, 2009, 4:58 pm CDT

Oh,

Quote From: gratefuldrphil

My wife is one of the Get Real Retreat participants. Her dad was a serial killer.....I will be interested to see how the family of the sicko responds.
They`ll probably insist their darling boy would never do such a thing.

April 26, 2009, 6:57 pm CDT

04/27 Craigslist Killer? Profile of the Med Student Accused

Quote From: gratefuldrphil

So what else is new? Do you expect something any differently? Families, friends, & significant others will always defend the people that are very close to them; regardless whatever they've done something awful or horrific. They certainly don't need criticism on what they believe.

April 27, 2009, 7:42 am CDT

04/27 Craigslist Killer? Profile of the Med Student Accused

Quote From: manofgoods

So what else is new? Do you expect something any differently? Families, friends, & significant others will always defend the people that are very close to them; regardless whatever they've done something awful or horrific. They certainly don't need criticism on what they believe.
It is often these people`s refusal to face the facts, that are often staring them right in the face, that allow lesser crimes to escalate into something horrific. And, lying to the authorities will bring more than criticism. Such as doing their own time for perjury!

April 27, 2009, 7:45 am CDT

I was right! Unfortunately!

Well, I just have to point this out. On the topic "The Dark Side of the Internet" I was slammed for saying that prostitution was dangerous. Another poster compared it to skydiving, para-sailing, skiing, swimming, Nascar, flying in planes, and the Space Shuttle. I was accused of having morals. Well, I certainly don't mind being accused of having morals, I'm rather proud of them. But the fact that a woman was murdered by posting her services on Craigslist was exactly what I had said could happen. It's a very dangerous occupation for any young woman to participate in.

Believe me, I would rather have been wrong than for some young woman to have lost her life. But maybe this will help others who do this to get out, help to give them the strength they need to quit. Or maybe it will help to keep at least one girl from starting. I don't know, I can only hope. As to banning the above mentioned sports and activities no, I don't believe in that. There is an obvious difference in being murdered rather than being killed while playing a sport or cleaning windows on a skyscraper. If others can't see it then I pity them.

April 27, 2009, 8:47 am CDT

Shame, shame, shame on you for having morals!

Quote From: jewelsf

Well, I just have to point this out. On the topic "The Dark Side of the Internet" I was slammed for saying that prostitution was dangerous. Another poster compared it to skydiving, para-sailing, skiing, swimming, Nascar, flying in planes, and the Space Shuttle. I was accused of having morals. Well, I certainly don't mind being accused of having morals, I'm rather proud of them. But the fact that a woman was murdered by posting her services on Craigslist was exactly what I had said could happen. It's a very dangerous occupation for any young woman to participate in.

Believe me, I would rather have been wrong than for some young woman to have lost her life. But maybe this will help others who do this to get out, help to give them the strength they need to quit. Or maybe it will help to keep at least one girl from starting. I don't know, I can only hope. As to banning the above mentioned sports and activities no, I don't believe in that. There is an obvious difference in being murdered rather than being killed while playing a sport or cleaning windows on a skyscraper. If others can't see it then I pity them.

And shame on me, too! What do you think they`ll do to us. Make us listen to algorian chants 24/7?

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next | Last