Message Boards

Topic : 04/28 Need for Control

Number of Replies: 28
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 24, 2009, 02:52:50 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Telling you how to dress, when to take a shower and what to watch on TV sounds like normal behavior from a mother, but what about a wife? Yadia is a self-proclaimed control freak who says she cannot stop controlling everything and everyone in her life, and her family is saying, “Enough is enough!” Yadia says she even has her 18-year-old son, Michael, trained so well that he actually tells her when he goes to the bathroom. Her husband, David, says her behavior is so out of control, if she doesn’t change soon, a third separation is a definite possibility. How will Yadia do when Dr. Phil insists that David and Michael dress themselves and ride to the show in a separate vehicle from her? And the experiment doesn’t end there. Don’t miss what Yadia has to do before speaking with Dr. Phil. And, see what a typical day is like for this controller, and learn what is at the root of her anxious behavior. Do you like to control all the decisions, or do you know someone who does?

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 24, 2009, 5:59 pm CDT

If you want something to control

Get a dog!

April 25, 2009, 2:14 pm CDT

Doctor Phil Show.

Control Doctor For Need Phil/Robin. Are you kidding me? At lease I donot need to control anyone. See yo-

u on  April Tuesday 28th, 2009. Sincerley Your.  Russell Vlasnderen.----------------------------------------------------

April 28, 2009, 3:41 am CDT

why wish that on a poor dog?

Quote From: cadescove99

Get a dog!
but indeed a dog can bite back, hehe

April 28, 2009, 3:56 am CDT

04/28 Need for Control

people cant control them-selves why try to control others? people cant control there own children! what makes them even try to control others? i would guess pure stupidity, but then again i have no clue!

April 28, 2009, 10:07 am CDT

That`s why i suggested it!

Quote From: afraid

but indeed a dog can bite back, hehe
Maybe she should get a cat. It would just give her a disdainful glance and walk away. Hey! Maybe her husband should start doing that!

April 28, 2009, 12:54 pm CDT

04/28 Need for Control

Personally, I don't think that anyone should be controlled. What would happen if this was the other way around with a man controlling everyone? Then we wouldn't be taking it so lightly.

April 28, 2009, 1:35 pm CDT

Yepper

Quote From: manofgoods

Personally, I don't think that anyone should be controlled. What would happen if this was the other way around with a man controlling everyone? Then we wouldn't be taking it so lightly.
Everyone thinks the hen pecked husband is funny. But her son? I pity the woman who marries him. She`ll have the mother in law from hell!

April 28, 2009, 2:14 pm CDT

Unbelievable

It only took me five minutes to realize that this woman should not be allowed to die a natural death. How can ANYONE bear to be around her?????? And, what is wrong with her husband...he's pathetic and so is the son...they act like victims. The husband whines, 'I have no control of my own finances'...well, Yeah, you do, you idiot...you've just given it up.

April 28, 2009, 2:26 pm CDT

how can you live like this?

It was almost hard to watch to whole show. How can a person live like this? And I mean Yadia being this controling, the husband not standing up and the son probably just wishing he could disappear...

April 28, 2009, 2:43 pm CDT

Control Issues

I have never gotten this extreme but feel I do have control issues. I don't subject my boyfriend to the things she does. I am the victim to my own controlling ways. I am very hard on myself and it's a terrible way to live. I can relate to the molestation, abortion, and mental abuse she has experience. I know how she feels and is very sypathetic but she has to own the wrong she has done to her family. I really think she wants the help and thank goodness Dr. Phil is going to help her and her family. Good luck Yadia. I sincerely mean that.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | Next | Last