Message Boards

Topic : 08/03 Dump Your Dreams?

Number of Replies: 35
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 24, 2009, 02:53:23 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 04/30/09) What happens when the pursuit of a dream causes tension in your family? How long do you struggle before it's time to give up your goals, get real and move on with your life? Dr. Phil's guests are husbands and fathers who strive to become stars in the music industry, but are they putting their family's future at risk along the way? Dan says he has several dreams he chases, and he gave up a successful full-time job to pursue a career as a pianist and songwriter. His wife, Sharon, is fed up, wants him to focus on one goal and devote more time to his family. They've had to file bankruptcy, but the toll extends far beyond the money. What must Dan do to salvage his relationship? Then, Cristin says her husband, Jaye, puts his dream to produce hit rap music before his family's needs. He even bought music equipment instead of paying their gas bill. Cristin says she's ready to pack her bags and leave, again, if Jaye doesn't step away from the synthesizer and step into their family. Is Jaye's dream a pipe dream or does he have real talent? Find out when both Dan and Jaye are critiqued by legendary music producer David Foster. And, American Idol finalist Kimberly Caldwell shares her advice for making it in the biz. Plus, can you guess what jobs celebrities held before becoming famous? Take a quiz and find out!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 13, 2009, 1:59 pm CDT

Suicide prevention for real!!

PEOPLE TAKE ALL OF THIS INFORMATION AND USE IT!! I just tried to kill myself last week and as you can see it didnt work and i just graduated from college. have NO job and a 16yr old son with no new school clothes to start high school. i feel like a complete failure!! i hope that one day things in this world will change!! But I know that just TODAY  I came in contact with a GREAT counselor who totally changed my outlook. She said that 40% of parents who commit suicide have children who follow in their footsteps. I would NEVER want that for my son. EVER!!! So it made me do a 360 turn FAST!! Although I dont have a DIME for clothes I will try and get better get out of this hospital and get a job at McDonalds if I have to so that my son will have a new pair of shoes. Ya know people who have so much money and spend it on nails, botox and bows for their puppies should really evaluate life. Life is so precious and I understand now just how precious. Good luck to all you people out there and if I had ONE wish it would be for Bill Gates to help me out right now... (he he) thats a big one huh? I have always wanted to meet that man. I have a deep admiration for him and Dr.Phil too!!! To go from dirt poor to Rodeo drive is REALLY impressive!!!!

August 13, 2009, 11:37 pm CDT

Dreams

I's important to follow your dreams because if you don't you will have regrets that will hunt you for the rest of your life. get your ex back how to get back with your ex

August 13, 2009, 11:46 pm CDT

Dream

If you don't follow your dream it will haunt you for the rest of your life. get your ex back how to get back with your ex

August 21, 2009, 11:01 am CDT

Keep your hobbies as hobbies

People do have dreams but they need to be realistic also...sometimes people's expectations are too high.  I think people need to keep the hobby from hurting them financially too much within reason.  The other danger is conversely believing you're not worth your dream, so a fine line must be kept when talking to them.  Maybe the dream is keeping them functioning to a degree.

August 27, 2009, 10:09 pm CDT

Losing Hubby to Video Gaming

Hey,

My husband is video gaming so much, and he gets angry if I bring it up.  I wanted to have a family with him, but he isn't interested in hanging out with his friends too much anymore.  I have tried to be nicer to him and do what I can, but he isn't feeling too romantic toward me, or anyone.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next Page | Last Page