Message Boards

Topic : 08/14 Teens: Pressure to Be Pretty

Number of Replies: 91
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 24, 2009, 02:53:42 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 05/01/09) Cosmetic surgery among teens 18 and younger has more than tripled over a 10-year period. Dr. Phil talks to young women who say they face pressure from the media, their peers and even their own parents to be beautiful. Eighteen-year-old Jennifer says her mom, Martha, wants her to get liposuction, breast implants, a nose job and laser hair removal because she says beauty sells. Jennifer says she’s satisfied with her looks, and she wants her mom to back off. Dr. Phil gives Martha a wake-up call, and it’s not pretty! Then, 18-year-old Ashley says she wants a second breast implant surgery to increase to a Double-D cup size because “pretty people get more opportunities in life.” Ashley’s father and stepmother say the first surgery was necessary to boost Ashley’s self-esteem, but they’re against her getting any more procedures. Will Ashley change her mind about going under the knife again? Plus, meet a 17-year-old who says it’s not only time for breast implants, but also for Botox for her crow’s feet, and lip and cheek injections! Weigh in!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 14, 2009, 4:12 pm CDT

Breast Implants

My advice to Ashley, Don't do it!

I have fairly large breasts and have wished all my life to be smaller. I also work on my feet all day, I now have back problems, I have a hump on the back of neck from the weight pulling my upper spine forward, I have permanent gouges on my shoulders from weight pulling on bra straps. The weight stretches your skin so the breasts droop faster. Many times when guys are talking to me I've wanted to say "Yoo Hoo, I'm up here!"  The only benefit to larger breasts is the attention, and believe me that becomes tiring after awhile, it's like you're not a person anymore, just boobs. Take the money you want to spend on augmentation and spend it on someone who will help you figure out why you are not happy with the way you are, because  surgery isn't going to change your self perception.

First | Prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next Page | Last Page