Message Boards

Topic : 05/05 How to Be a Better Parent

Number of Replies: 69
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 01, 2009, 10:08:47 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Have your children gone from little angels to kids gone wild? Are they whiney, tantrum-throwing, feet-stomping, door-slamming, spoiled and entitled? Well, good news, Mom and Dad! Dr. Phil launches his parenting boot camp and teaches parents how to take back control and live in peace for the very first time. Meet four families who say they live in chaos and can’t take it anymore. Tammie says her 11-year-old daughter is stubborn, uncooperative and annoying, and she finds herself with no desire to hug her. How can she rediscover that mother/daughter bond? And, Janice says her 11-year-old son is a spoiled little baby whose tantrums are so obnoxious, she’s ready to throw in the towel. Next, Tiffiny and Ron say their two oldest daughters make them regret becoming parents. They say living with their 14-year-old is like living with Hannibal Lecter, and the 10-year-old won’t stop lying. What are they doing wrong? And, Laureen is a single mom who says her 16-year-old daughter is so out of control, she could be headed for jail. How can these families regain control and find peace? Plus, see exciting updates on two mother/son pairs who left their madhouse for The Dr. Phil House last year. Remember the child who slapped his mother in the face? How are they doing one year later? Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 1, 2009, 5:37 pm CDT

Doctor Phil Show.

A Be Better Doctor How Parent Phil/Robin To. Doctor Phil/Robin you are a better parent for Erica, Jay Jord-

an/Maggie aswell so  what are  you talking about? See you on May 05th Tuesday, 2009. Sincerley Your.-----

Russell Vlaanderen.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 2, 2009, 3:55 pm CDT

how to be a better parent

Well  kids need to have a christian home with christian values.   With Jesus in there life things can be better.

May 2, 2009, 8:14 pm CDT

05/05 How to Be a Better Parent

Quote From: bellarose11

Well  kids need to have a christian home with christian values.   With Jesus in there life things can be better.
These homes need values period. If not christian at least something. Too many children are raised with no values whatsoever. No wonder so many get into trouble.

May 5, 2009, 7:23 am CDT

I lost my daughter

I felt like I could not hug my daughter or show naffection. Then we found out she had cancer. I lost her 14 months later. All Icn say is treasure every moment. I have so many regrets. I feel lik I brought this on.  I miss her so much. I feel horrible. Please people just love your kids

May 5, 2009, 7:36 am CDT

Tammie

I found it hard to believe that she didn't see that she was the problem with her daughter. When a child is always following you wanting a hug or other interaction with her mother she is not getting the love she needs. The video showing her with her other children you can see the glaring differences in the affection. If her dad has rejected her the last thing she needed was her mother doing the same thing. Hopefully she will be able to get the help she needs to turn her around. I will keep her in my prayers.

May 5, 2009, 12:25 pm CDT

that mother needs therapy!!!!!

what kind of mother would ever say such things  about her child SHE NEEDS TO LOOK AT HERSELF !!! It's then she will find the answers to why her daughter is acting out...

May 5, 2009, 12:40 pm CDT

"Schizophrenia on the upswing"

As the aunt of a lovely girl who suffers from schizophrenia, I really hate to hear Dr Phil, a psychologist for heavens sake, make jokes about this devastating disease. Worse, he implied today that it was caused by bad parenting. It's caused by a hormonal imbalance in the brain, Dr. Phil, I think you know this.

May 5, 2009, 12:40 pm CDT

I do not understand some of these mothers

I really have a hard time understanding some of these mothers. How can you reject your child and think they won't react to that? What is this child suppossed to do? Sit in a chair and be invisable until the "mom" thinks she is able to love her. As a parent with two kids(with different dads), I can't even begin to understand this woman. Why are you blaming the child and withholding affection from her for looking like her father. You chose to have a child with this man. You do not get to punish this child for your decision. The problem is not with the child but with the way the mother treats the child. As for having overweight children, The parents control the food purchases for the house. Maybe if you bought healthier foods and taught the child more about making healthy food choices then child would be able to lose the weight and it might affect other problems as well. When are these "parents" going to realise that they are teaching their children how to behave and when they act like they don't care, the child is not worth their time, or make bad choices it affects the children? These kids need love and support. Not someone telling them that they are not good enough no matter how hard they try. Parents look at your own behavior before you blame your child for your bad parenting.

May 5, 2009, 1:11 pm CDT

05/05 How to Be a Better Parent

Quote From: fluffyfat

As the aunt of a lovely girl who suffers from schizophrenia, I really hate to hear Dr Phil, a psychologist for heavens sake, make jokes about this devastating disease. Worse, he implied today that it was caused by bad parenting. It's caused by a hormonal imbalance in the brain, Dr. Phil, I think you know this.
Wow, good show, but cant believe what a B that mom is calling her kid annoying. How do you not want to hug your kid.

May 5, 2009, 1:38 pm CDT

It's Child Abuse

I truly hope that Dr. Phil is able to truly get through to the first mom on this show, because her behavior to her daughter is nothing short of child abuse. It's neglect, plain and simple. To deny a child love, comfort, and acceptance is far worse than not supplying a roof over their head.

Children have enough issues feeling judged and unaccepted from their peers, to feel this from your parents is SO unacceptable. If this is not turned around in mighty way, mighty fast, this girl is going to fall for the first creep that shows her attention and whispers sweet nothings in her ear.

I hope we have a follow-up with them, because this little girl will be haunting my thoughts.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last