Message Boards

Topic : 05/06 How to Be a Better Parent, Part 2

Number of Replies: 257
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 01, 2009, 10:09:41 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Four families tired of the fighting, yelling, chaos and conflict in their home move into The Dr. Phil House. Dr. Phil puts them to work right away with exercises and assignments that encourage the children to open up and the parents to confront their own mistakes. After hearing each other’s frustrations, will the parents wake up to what they’re doing wrong? One mom turns the camera on her daughter to show her bad behavior, but Dr. Phil sees something even more troubling. Are you making this common discipline mistake? If you knew you could be scarring your child for life, would you want to know? Tune in and learn how to parent your tween or teen in a way that will make him or her happy, secure and successful! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 6, 2009, 1:06 pm CDT

to Dr. Phil

Please do something! You must find a way to help Davia. This little girl is precious and she can't continue to be exposed to an environment like this!

May 6, 2009, 1:07 pm CDT

DAVIA NEEDS A MOM.

to davia,
it's NOT YOUR FAULT.
it is NOT OKAY for your mother to be doing this to you! hang in there it'll all get better.

to Davias mom (BETH i believe?)
calling your daughter a b***h? ABSOLUTELY ridiculous. you hate her for no reason whatsoever. and you're mocking her? you're supposed to be the parent, encouraging her to be hopeful, not imitating her and mocking her for it.
smarten up, Davias life does not deserve to be ruined because of your selfishness.

May 6, 2009, 1:07 pm CDT

DAVIA'S SO CALLED MOM

dear DR.PHIL, please try to help matters for that little girl (davia) her mother needs some serious help,

abuse comes in many forms,this happenes to be one of the most common forms, (mental abuse).i was watching the show and could not believe how she was treating that little girl,that mother needs help.she should be ashamed of herself, Dr.Phil please help that little girl, she needs you.

May 6, 2009, 1:08 pm CDT

Davia's Mother

I, too, agree with the other postings.  I was not registered with Dr. Phil before but after seeing today's show and the way that Davia's Mother taunted her, I could not go without saying something.  I was horrified at the way she spoke to her daughter.  Whether or not Davia was choosing not to misbehave because of the cameras- there way her mother spoke and treated her was completely wrong.  No wonder Davia is "weird" she probably wants to commit suicide.  She deserves a new mother, someone who can care for her the way she deserves because she does not deserve the treatment she is getting now. Davia's mother is a horrible, horrible person.

May 6, 2009, 1:11 pm CDT

05/06 How to Be a Better Parent, Part 2

Quote From: tcsjhs

I feel bad for the parents.  Are the chilldren not ever held accountable for their behavior?  Is it always the parent's fault?  I just do not understand. 

Children usually behave how they do because of their parents, so yes it is usually the parents fault.

May 6, 2009, 1:11 pm CDT

davia's mother,

i cried when i saw davia being berated by her own mother. i fight with my kids but i try and remember how much i love them during some very nasty verbal fights (1 in college, 2 in high school). in all of my years and times of anger, i would never try to increase their self-esteem. i grew up with little self-esteem, and it has allowed me to learn how NOT to treat other people. i am sure that davia's mom will come up with some kind of justification in her life as to why she acts so badly, but, oh well, there is no justification to treating a child that nasty, horrid way. i just hope that davia is not emotionally crippled by this for the rest of her life.
i have faith that doctor phil can restore this child's 'hope' and belief in herself.

May 6, 2009, 1:14 pm CDT

So Sad.

Quote From: candicek82

I hope you read this!  You are a horrible horrible horrible person.  I'm not even a mother and I know how horrible you are.  If I had to grow up with a mother like you, I'd probably commit suicide.  You're ridiculous and you should be extremely embarassed.  No matter what Davia does she doesn't deserve what you put her through.  That poor child.

Davia - be strong! 

Did you hear Tammie say, "Davia wants me to put my arm around her and hold her because she feels lonely and i don't cause thats what she wants", I about went through the TV. Dr. Phil you will be that little girls angel, she needs an angel!!!

May 6, 2009, 1:14 pm CDT

Quote From: tcsjhs

I feel bad for the parents.  Are the chilldren not ever held accountable for their behavior?  Is it always the parent's fault?  I just do not understand. 

If you feel badly for Davia's so-called mother, instead of feeling bad for Davia, then you need to get yourself on to the Dr. Phil show ASAP. Hopefully you are not a parent yourself.

May 6, 2009, 1:19 pm CDT

Quote From: dani960

This woman is a horror show. She is a mentally abusive emotional infant. If this show doesn't help her that kid would be better of with DCF.
I agree, that woman is terrible.  You can see in that poor little girl's eyes that all she wants is her mom to love her!

May 6, 2009, 1:25 pm CDT

Davia

I am absolutely mortified at how the mother treats her daughter (Davia) What kind of mother are you ? you do not deserve a daughter or any children at that. it makes me sick bc my husband and i can not have children and are having to adopt and i know if we were to have children i would love them more than anything in this entire world.People like you do not deserve children...you have no emotions or anything toward Davia. What a beautiful girl...i know she isnt the best child but damn give your child some LOVE some ATTENION...geez lady you have some serious issues....the problem isnt your child its YOU !

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last