Message Boards

Topic : 05/08 Does Mother Know Best?

Number of Replies: 18
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 01, 2009, 10:12:32 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
They changed your diapers, cooked your meals, did your laundry and put up with your bratty attitude, but does Mom always know what's best for you? Dr. Phil's guests say their mothers go overboard, and it's time to back off. Bobby, 24, lives with his mom, Rhonda. She irons his boxers, tells him when to go to bed and pay his bills and buys him anything he wants. Bobby says he's had enough and wants his mom to let him grow up. So why doesn’t he move out? Bobby's girlfriend, Kristi, says mother and son have an unhealthy, co-dependent relationship. Who will decide to cut the cord first: Bobby or Rhonda? Next, Angie says her 13-year-old daughter, Savanna's, behavior is out of control. She says the teen is failing school, is extremely hateful and has a horrible attitude. Savanna says she'd rather be in jail than live at home. Why does she say her mother is to blame for their feuds? How can this mother and daughter come together and learn to get along? Then, a husband surprises his wife, whom he says is an amazing mother. And, don't forget the special woman in your life this Mother's Day.  Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 1, 2009, 5:54 pm CDT

Doctor Phil Show.

Best Doctor Does Know Mother Phil/Robin? What does that half to prov? Nothing. Your Mother may know.--

See you on Friday May 08th, 2009. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.------------------------------------------------

May 2, 2009, 8:28 pm CDT

Can't wait to see the Friday show...

As an elementary school student, I can't wait to see what Dr. Phil's advice is to Savanna and her mom.  It seems to me that Savanna is rebellious and or resentful about something that is yet not clear.  Her help may need to come from more than just one show.  Not until the root of the problem is discovered, will a solution come about. 

Now as for the 24 year old, he really needs to get a life.  And he has a girlfriend?  What is that girl thinking about?  That may be a different show in and of itself. 

May 2, 2009, 8:51 pm CDT

05/08 Does Mother Know Best?

Kristh is probably right about bobby and rhonda`s dysfunctional relationship. So why doesn`t she find another boyfriend? Surely bobby isn`t the last man on earth. If she marries him, rhonda will probably be right in the middle of their marriage.

May 7, 2009, 12:53 pm CDT

Quote From: tsd2468

As an elementary school student, I can't wait to see what Dr. Phil's advice is to Savanna and her mom.  It seems to me that Savanna is rebellious and or resentful about something that is yet not clear.  Her help may need to come from more than just one show.  Not until the root of the problem is discovered, will a solution come about. 

Now as for the 24 year old, he really needs to get a life.  And he has a girlfriend?  What is that girl thinking about?  That may be a different show in and of itself. 

I don't know what that girl is thinking about. She ought to be thinking about what kind of a mother-in-law she'll be dealing with if she marries him. His mother will probably be so involved in their marriage that it will very quickly end in divorce. If I were her, I'd find myself another boyfriend.

May 8, 2009, 6:45 am CDT

Grow up!

Angie! Savanna! Grow up! Both of you!

May 8, 2009, 9:57 am CDT

I totally understand the frustration that Angie has. 10 months ago a 16 year old female came to live with my family we also have 2 children. she has been a friend of our son for many years her mother passed away 3 years ago and then she had to live with her father who had not been a part of her life until then and is an alcoholic.  She came to work for our family last summer and never left. She had told us all there terrible  stories about how bad her dad was. Anyway her dad agreed to give us custody as long as he didn't have to pay support. We agreed to take her and love as our own. We did everything a parent should do took her to Drivers Ed., got her  license,car ,Doctors appt s(she hadn't been to the dr. since her mom passed)counseling,took her to buy make-up and to learn how to put it on, clothes shopping. No one had ever taught her to be a girl.  the list goes on and on.

So anyway 10 months later we are the bad ones because she got grounded for smoking and dipping snuff. She hates us is moving out she would rather live in hell than to be at our house. She has to be the most disrepectful child I've ever met.She will yell scream, cuss, argue about anything and everything. She told us whatever we do it will never be enough for her. We have spent hours and hours with her  one on one and took away from our own children to give her. Her counseling has been about how bad it is at our house her problems are what is making it bad. we have 2 very well adjusted child She is telling her counslor and anyone elso that will listen how bad we are that she has to cook her own food and do her own laundry things I do everyday she just wont come out of her room or bring her clothes down I have never told her I wouldn't do these things. We new she had problems that why we got her to counseling right away. At this point the counselor is telling her to just stay away from us until she leaves, so she come home from school and doesn't come down until she leave the next morning.  But anyway it is very hard to deal with a child that is acting like that.  I doesn't always bring the best out in me.

May 8, 2009, 1:13 pm CDT

Bobby

I am wondering if Bobby is mentally challenged?  He appears to be, and maybe his mom is justified in watching over him.

May 8, 2009, 1:24 pm CDT

Being in school in not an acceptable reason to still live at home and not have a job. Seriously! Grow up.

May 8, 2009, 2:08 pm CDT

That pretty girl Dana!

I think that Dana girl was amazing on the show. However Iwish they would have addressed how great of a friend she is. I am a littlebiased though because she has been my closest friend for years; and just asDoug and her family are lucky to have her I know I am too!
PS - Fierce Shoes  

May 8, 2009, 2:31 pm CDT

Cut The Strings!!!!!!!!

My mother in-law and my husband are just like this man and his mother. The only difference is that my husband has finally stood p to his mother. Which I never thought he would do. This man needs to do the very same thing. He is a grown man. There are men that go to college and hold a job down and have a place of there own. If he really wants to cut the strings to his mother then he needs to grow up and get a job and get a place of his own. And just lay down the law with his mother. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next | Last