Message Boards

Topic : 05/12 How to Be a Better Parent, Part 3

Number of Replies: 82
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 08, 2009, 02:40:23 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil continues his work with four families who are tired of the fighting and chaos in their home and are striving to create peace. One of the parents in the house, Tammie, recorded home video of an argument with her daughter, Davia. After watching it, Dr. Phil doesn’t mince words when he tells Tammie how he believes she is scarring her daughter. What is at the root of Tammie's resentment and contempt? And, Dr. Phil warns one parent about what he’s doing that could drive his daughters to turn to other male figures for love and attention. If you’re the father of a preteen daughter, don’t miss Dr. Phil's words of warning! Then, a role-playing exercise offers a different perspective for the parents and the kids. Will seeing themselves portrayed by their family members open their eyes, or just add more fuel to the fire? Plus, see a trust exercise that gives insight into communication problems and parenting pitfalls. If you want to learn how to create a peaceful home and a phenomenal family, follow these parents! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

June 6, 2009, 3:25 pm CDT

05/12 How to Be a Better Parent, Part 3

I am watching a rerun of this show right now, I hope that child services has stepped in and removed Davia from this mean horrible witch.  I hope that davia can have a relationship with her  dad. I get so mad! Tammy should be in jail in my opinion.

June 7, 2009, 7:41 am CDT

Not Failed to Report

Quote From: leogorky

I have seen many many....too many shows where Dr Phil should've reported parents to local children and youth agencies so they could be monitored, but he hasn't.  So, I had to laugh that he suddenly becomes outraged and started talking about his duties as a professional...he's failed them with other children time and time again.
Dr. Phil has reported these parents to a national audience.  A viewer in Davia's own hometown might be a CPS worker- She can order a copy of this program and take Tammie to court.  The same way the DA in Los Angeles filed charges with Michael Jackson after the Martin Breshier report.   It is out there for  national scrutiny.  Anyone can file charges. 

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next Page | Last Page