Message Boards

Topic : 05/19 Drew Peterson Indicted

Number of Replies: 29
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 15, 2009, 01:11:39 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
When Dr. Phil last interviewed Drew Peterson, the former police officer maintained that he had nothing to do with the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy, or the drowning of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, whose death was originally ruled accidental. In a shocking twist, Drew was recently arrested and charged with Kathleen's murder, and now a grand jury is currently reviewing Stacy Peterson's case. Legal analyst Lisa Bloom shares information about a new law that may allow into evidence some statements Savio allegedly made before her death. Will this reported testimony from the grave be enough to sway jurors? And, Kathleen Savio’s sister, Anna Doman, and her attorney, John Q. Kelly, speak out. Hear why Anna says she knew Drew Peterson was going to kill her sister. And, will Drew’s current fiancée, Christina Raines, stay with him now that he has been indicted? Dr. Phil speaks with Christina’s attorney, Gloria Allred, and Christina’s father, Ernie Raines. How did this family react to the recent news? Don’t miss these and other developments in this case! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 15, 2009, 3:33 pm CDT

Doctor Phil Show.

A Be Better Doctor Drew Four House Indicted Part Parent  Peter Phil/Robin Son. I do not belive this at all.---

But I will watch it anyway. See you on May 19th, 2009 Tuesday. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.----------  

May 16, 2009, 8:24 am CDT

05/19 Drew Peterson Indicted

Am glad dr phil is airing this show. How tn be a better parent 4 can wait another week. This is important breaking news. He killed his third wife? Then he killed his fourth one too! His dumeass fiancee is lucky the police caught up with him before he did something to her.

May 19, 2009, 6:53 am CDT

Good...

Abused women are Not Likely to say my Husband wants Me Dead if they don't feel it,I think Drew is GUILTY,GUILTY,GUILTY, for few reason's,he "claimed" he Loved his wife's,yet he showed Little to no emotion for such love & 2 wives just happen to turn up Dead,Missing,many times the Bad guy's seem so Nice & Sweet,but that changes in time,the guy was a Cop & could get plenty of Inside Info & It makes My Stomach churn when I hear him talk,he reminds Me so much of My Ex-Husband & his Crazy talk,his blaming me for his BAD behavior his inability to see his own faults,he'd Lie about darn near Everything & for NO real reason & to things I knew where flat out Lies,yet he'd still Lie,Dang Drew is so much like My Ex,he's SCARY,sure Drew I believe you that your Missing/Dead Wife's threatened YOU & U were Scared Please,give Me a Break & if I were a Lawyer I'd have No Part of Drew,from what I see Drew feels Above the Law & did the Perfect Crime,Drew goes to the Bunny Ranch,is he a Sex Addict,I just had a thought,I wonder if Drew has Murdered other Women like Prostitutes -W- what seems like So much Anger towards Woman & him being a Cop for all that time,perfect alibi,he'd be one Scary Cop.I hope they find the "Missing Wife",though I kinda doubt they will,I think that would be the missing link that would prove Who Done It..Some Police Have beat there Wives,Girlfriends so that's BS Drew..............
  Why.How dose Gloria A.get into all the Big Cases??????

May 19, 2009, 12:37 pm CDT

Suspicious

Wait a minute! Let me understand this...first because he was under suspicion for the diappearance of his last wife, and there was no body, no explanation, and no case, they went back years and changed a finding on an autopsy to find murder so they could charge him..Now they have passed legislation to admit "hear say" in order to fit his trail and work against him. He had his children that weekend, who saw him there? Where is the evidence? This whole ordeal scares me about what our judicial system is resorting to in order to attain convictions. If he is guilty why are these methods so necessary? Whats with the 20 million? John Gotti had a better chance at bail. Guilty or not, this isn't the way I want to see anyone prosecuted, it isn't right and imagine what else they cab do.....Other than comments and statements from other people that SHOULD be hearsay, I haven't heard any reason for him to even be arrested. I also heard a retired police officer that was a consultant for Law & Order (tv show) that humor is the way police are trained at emotional situations in order to cope...isn't that what Drew petersen told? P.S. Why can't you get the Anthony's on the show? That one we know where the guilt lies.  Thanks from Ohio.....

May 19, 2009, 12:43 pm CDT

cops and the law

HIs lawyer is SOOOO WRONG!!! Police officers do get preferencial treatment. I know from personal experience. I was forced into a sexual confrontation with my cousins husband that was a police officer at the age of 14. He got 1 week suspension w/o pay and a week suspension behind a desk. He threatened me it ruined our family when it all finally came out. Cops don't want cops going to jail. That man is guilty. There are way to many facts against him. He was a police officer on a power trip. I have seen it over and over. We just had a police officer kill his girlfriend then kill himself where we live. Hope he rots in jail. If he's so innocent why a 2 million dollar bail. His new girlfriend needs to run away run away fast.

May 19, 2009, 12:53 pm CDT

Fear of reporting spousal abuse

Spousal abusers are very cunning, and are cable of carrying out any threats they can verbalize. I believe that being the victim of spousal abuse by a police officer would be more terrifying and prevent the victims from reporting the abuse.

Whether or not a person is a police officer, there is real fear in spousal abuse victims. Even though those victims often return to the abuser, often due to a lack of self-esteem, but also due to the fear that they will be hunted down and harmed or murdered; or worse yet, maybe a threat that their children will be harmed. Spousal abuse victims believe that there is only one way out, and that is to live like someone in 'Witness Protetection' leaving their families and friends behind. Most victims cannot face a fate without the support of family and friens.

How on earth can Drew Peterson's defense team try to make anyone believe he is not guilty because his wife did not report the abuse? Maybe all defense attorneys should attend spousal abuse victim counseling. 

My heart aches for the families of those women who were married to Drew Peterson. I fear for those women who feel that they cannot get away from the spousal abuse.

May 19, 2009, 1:10 pm CDT

Quote From: cadescove99

Am glad dr phil is airing this show. How tn be a better parent 4 can wait another week. This is important breaking news. He killed his third wife? Then he killed his fourth one too! His dumeass fiancee is lucky the police caught up with him before he did something to her.
I am in agreement with you. The only reason why he's gotten away with this is because he's a cop. They usually get away with things that any ordinary joe would go down for. he needs to be locked up forever so no other woman will suffer the way wife number 3 and number 4 did.

May 19, 2009, 1:20 pm CDT

Quote From: bodeysbaby

Wait a minute! Let me understand this...first because he was under suspicion for the diappearance of his last wife, and there was no body, no explanation, and no case, they went back years and changed a finding on an autopsy to find murder so they could charge him..Now they have passed legislation to admit "hear say" in order to fit his trail and work against him. He had his children that weekend, who saw him there? Where is the evidence? This whole ordeal scares me about what our judicial system is resorting to in order to attain convictions. If he is guilty why are these methods so necessary? Whats with the 20 million? John Gotti had a better chance at bail. Guilty or not, this isn't the way I want to see anyone prosecuted, it isn't right and imagine what else they cab do.....Other than comments and statements from other people that SHOULD be hearsay, I haven't heard any reason for him to even be arrested. I also heard a retired police officer that was a consultant for Law & Order (tv show) that humor is the way police are trained at emotional situations in order to cope...isn't that what Drew petersen told? P.S. Why can't you get the Anthony's on the show? That one we know where the guilt lies.  Thanks from Ohio.....
No autopsy findings were changed. Because I suspect there weren't any. The police didn't even notice Kathleen Savio's head wound that even a cursory examination would've revealed. But, because Drew Peterson was one of their own, they believed his claim that she drowned in a bathtub. And overlooked all the evidence that he was lying. Including the dry bathtub!
It was Peterson's bizarrely cavalier attitude toward his fourth wife's "disappearance" that prompted the police to take a second look at Savio's death. So, they exhumed her body and did an autopsy. So, the finding were new, not altered. The cause of death was not drowning, but blunt force trauma to her head.
Peterson's murder charge was no rush to judgment. Months have gone by since Savio's new autopsy revealing that she was murdered. Why do you have such a bleeding heart for him anyway? He's nothing but a skirt-chasing horn dog.

May 19, 2009, 1:43 pm CDT

Quote From: triton06

HIs lawyer is SOOOO WRONG!!! Police officers do get preferencial treatment. I know from personal experience. I was forced into a sexual confrontation with my cousins husband that was a police officer at the age of 14. He got 1 week suspension w/o pay and a week suspension behind a desk. He threatened me it ruined our family when it all finally came out. Cops don't want cops going to jail. That man is guilty. There are way to many facts against him. He was a police officer on a power trip. I have seen it over and over. We just had a police officer kill his girlfriend then kill himself where we live. Hope he rots in jail. If he's so innocent why a 2 million dollar bail. His new girlfriend needs to run away run away fast.
I don't think she's got sense enough to run away. She even visited him in jail. Where I hope he stays forever. Not for her sake. It's her life to throw away. But, for her innocent children's sake. She moved them in with her and Peterson.

May 19, 2009, 2:39 pm CDT

Know what you're talking about

Will someone please tell Drew's attorneys that they can only have an educated conversation with someone about Drew after they've been married to an abusive and controlling cop?  Unfortunately Drew is the rule and not the exception in the law enforcement profession, and NO JOEL, the consequences for them are not more severe.  They have a brotherhood that is untouched!  Too many of us know from experience that they brag about what they can do, and that if we call the cops they will just overlook it.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | Next | Last