Message Boards

Topic : 05/22 Summer Weight Loss Series

Number of Replies: 9
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 15, 2009, 01:15:58 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
With the current state of the economy, many Americans believe that staying fit and healthy is just too expensive. Dr. Phil tells you how to get in shape for the summer without going broke. Niki and Tara are two moms who say they want to lose weight, but claim they can’t afford the cost of healthy food. Dr. Phil and nutritionist Robert Reames show how wrong they are. See the real cost of fast-food meals, and find out the healthy fast-food choices you can make when you’re on the go. And, Robert Reames shares a cooking-at-home tip that will save you time and money! Then, Kris has done all the hard work and lost 157 pounds, but says she still feels like the heavy girl. How can she change the way she sees herself? Plus, don’t miss the jaw-dropping transformations from the Ultimate Weight Loss Solution contestants who’ve adopted Dr. Phil’s 7 Keys to weight loss freedom! Remember brothers Richard and Jeffrey and siblings Joe and Lauren? They’re back and better than ever! Dr. Phil has some spectacular surprises in store for them. And, don’t miss a moving performance from one of Dr. Phil’s favorite musical artists, Margo Reymundo. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 15, 2009, 3:44 pm CDT

Doctor Phil Show.

Doctor Loss Phil/Robin Series Summer Weight. You should talk about Bertinneli Valerie about that. See---

you on May 21st, 2009 Thursday. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.--------------------------------------------------

May 16, 2009, 7:11 pm CDT

05/21 Summer Weight Loss Series

Healthy food only seems expensive because supersized restaurant meals havn made us lose sight of proper portion sizes. A cut of lean beef and two vegetables from the grocery store costs less than eating at wendy`s!

May 16, 2009, 7:31 pm CDT

05/21 Summer Weight Loss Series

Quote From: hpmx59

Doctor Loss Phil/Robin Series Summer Weight. You should talk about Bertinneli Valerie about that. See---

you on May 21st, 2009 Thursday. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.--------------------------------------------------

Valerie is a jenny craig spokesperson. These diet programs are expensive. And most diets are so restrictive that the weight loss rarely lasts. Many dieters become even fatter. Dr phil promotes changed eating habits as the only way to keep the weight off.

May 22, 2009, 2:17 pm CDT

THANK YOU DR. PHIL

Thank you Dr. Phil!!  Today's show hit the nail on the head, so to speak!!  I had a stroke from a drug induced blood clot, and lost custody to my 2 children.  I weighd 127 lbs and was in a size 3 (yes after my kids),  Anyhow, it's been about 10 yrs,  AND now I weigh 180lbs, and in a size 16!!  On today's show you said something a long the lines of what are you hiding behind the food, ding ding ding...............I was like that is me!!  I can't work because of the stroke, and lost my kiddos; so I'm eating to fullfill the void!!  And I'm hiding behind the embarassement of what I did to myself!!  I always heard you have to forgive yourself, and I have; I guess that unsubconsetiously~I"m still harbering those feelings!!  So, Thank you for the light bulb you've just turned on in my head!!!! THANK YOU DR.PHIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 23, 2009, 1:19 am CDT

This hit a chord with me

I watched the show today and I couldn't believe the beautiful stunning blonde who thought she was fat still. I realized that 1 year ago that was me. I had lost 45 pounds but never let myself enjoy it, never changed my brain to "thin" mode and slipped effortlessly back into my heavy weight again. As I start this journey once again I look at those old photos of myself and think "good lord how did I not appreciate that ridiculous body I had!? I looked amazing!" So this time you better believe with every pound I lose I'll be strutting throught the mall like I'm Gizelle. At thirteen pounds down I'm already loving myself more.... and SO IS MY HUSBAND!!!

Thanks Dr. Phil for your super fun show.

~S

May 23, 2009, 4:38 am CDT

The message boards.

Yesterday I posted about this topic on the new message boards and today I checked back and it's not there.

In fact I see that not one of my many posts on the new message board has actually landed.

Could there be a problem? Is that why this board only has 4 messages and the new board only has about 30 comments on a subject that once would have had a thousand posts?

Don't Dr Phil's fans deserve a message board that is easy to use?

If our posts would hit immediately, we would be able to have actual real-time discussions. ( I realize there is danger of rude or vulgar posts being printed but we could alert a moderator if an offensive post should hit.)

If we had an easy opening board, we could see a list of thread titles for all the recent topics. Then we could return to old subjects and old show -talk with ease.

May 23, 2009, 3:18 pm CDT

05/22 Summer Weight Loss Series

Quote From: fluffyfat

Yesterday I posted about this topic on the new message boards and today I checked back and it's not there.

In fact I see that not one of my many posts on the new message board has actually landed.

Could there be a problem? Is that why this board only has 4 messages and the new board only has about 30 comments on a subject that once would have had a thousand posts?

Don't Dr Phil's fans deserve a message board that is easy to use?

If our posts would hit immediately, we would be able to have actual real-time discussions. ( I realize there is danger of rude or vulgar posts being printed but we could alert a moderator if an offensive post should hit.)

If we had an easy opening board, we could see a list of thread titles for all the recent topics. Then we could return to old subjects and old show -talk with ease.
I actually like this old board better and rarely even visit the new one. On the new one when we reply to a post it is not quoted in the reply as it is here. So the context is missing. Just keep posting here.

May 24, 2009, 6:54 am CDT

ITA Cadescove

Quote From: cadescove99

I actually like this old board better and rarely even visit the new one. On the new one when we reply to a post it is not quoted in the reply as it is here. So the context is missing. Just keep posting here.
You have a good point and I'm happy to stay here as long as this board stays open. I guess I just want us all to talk on the same page.

Another advantage to this board is that it's easier to see who actually wrote a post. More of us have avatars and the name of the writer is large and at the left side. On the new board that litlle 'replied by' or 'replied to " is confusing. There doesn't seem to even be a 'post message' option without replying to an individual.

May 24, 2009, 2:25 pm CDT

05/22 Summer Weight Loss Series

Quote From: fluffyfat

You have a good point and I'm happy to stay here as long as this board stays open. I guess I just want us all to talk on the same page.

Another advantage to this board is that it's easier to see who actually wrote a post. More of us have avatars and the name of the writer is large and at the left side. On the new board that litlle 'replied by' or 'replied to " is confusing. There doesn't seem to even be a 'post message' option without replying to an individual.
I have posted a new messahe or two the few times i have been on that board but i don`t like there being no reply with quote option. I prefer seeing exactly what is being replied to. I want to see the context. I also dislike having our blogs screened before they get added. They carry censorshhp too far when they do that.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page