Message Boards

Topic : 08/08 'Help Me Get My Kids Back!'

Number of Replies: 79
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, August 05, 2005, 05:27:47 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 03/02/05) It's nasty, unfair and vicious -- the extreme measures parents go to when fighting for the custody of their children. Tim says his ex-wife moved their kids to the other side of the country to "erase" him from their lives. The fighting keeps getting more vindictive -- and the kids are caught in the middle. Then, a father is in jail, the children are missing, and a desperate mother confronts the one woman who may know what really happened. Plus, advice for protecting your children. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

Read previous messages in the archived discussion.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 8, 2005, 7:40 pm CDT

i would like to help

i tried to call ur tip line it is to full.  i do think i can help u.

August 8, 2005, 10:54 pm CDT

prayer for a mother

To Lindsey and Sam's sweet mother, I pray for you! I am a mother of four and can not imagine how this has changed your life. I have seen the show twice and you said you felt very alone. I hope that you find comfort and companionship to walk with you as you continue to search for your children. May God give you his peace!  

In a Moment of Silence for those sweet babies 

August 9, 2005, 5:20 am CDT

help gret kids back

I hope this woman who finds her children safely, I just can't believe that the authorities can't make this man talk as to where the kids are.

August 9, 2005, 5:36 am CDT

My heart goes out to this mother...I know the feeling

It has been 30 years since my exboyfriend left me at a McDonalds one morning (SAID he wanted to talk about getting back together, I didn't know he had made arrangements to take my kids across state lines and was already living with my exbest friend)....I come out of the bathroom and they were gone.  You can't imagine what that does to a mother, the not knowing where they are, are they getting their medicine, are they OK.....Thank goodness I called his mother and discovered he had told her that we had been to an attorney and that I had SIGNED over my 2 boys (1 wasn't even his) and that he was on his way from South Carolina to Ohio with them as we spoke....The local police would do nothing because 1 baby was his.....thank goodness the military police got involved~~they left a message for him at his mothers, that if I didn't have my babies returned within 3 days they would have him arrested when he came back to base and the FBI would be called in because he went across state lines. Long story short, I got my babies back within a few days.... 

This poor mother, I knew instantly that the other woman would fail the test, it was obvious she was IN on it and knows exactly what happened. I wish she were in jail along with the scumbag exhusband. 

Prayers to this family that they learn the truth, so they can start to heal.... 

August 9, 2005, 8:07 am CDT

BROKEN HEARTS

My heart is breaking for the mother of these two beautiful children.. i couldn't imagine the grief she must deal with on a daily basis. if i didn't know where my son was, or if he was okay or alive or if he was suffering and needed me but i couldn't find him, God i don't know what i would do.  

i pray for Tina right now Lord, i ask that you give to her peace that transcends ALL understanding. i ask that you comfort her. Father i pray for the whole family, that you would offer unto them strength, that you would be their pillar in this storm, I pray for the continuing investigation, that you give wisdom unto the officers and direct their hands and convict Dan Lord, convict his heart to the point where he is no longer able to bear it. put someone in his path that he will reveal the truth to, And lord, if those children are not already with you, keep them safe, show to them your love, help them to continue to grow, and flourish. i thank you lord, that if they are still alive, that they will be found and they will recover quickly from this.. Heal Tina's breaking heart lord, help her to cope with this tragedy.   

i cannot imagine the pain you face every empty day Tina, i pray that you find hope and help in this time of need 

Hebrew 4:16 "let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in our time of need" 

i will continue to pray for you and your family and your precious children.. and i urge others to do the same..  

August 9, 2005, 2:10 pm CDT

Why did he even have access to those kids!

I just read something very disturbing on a website about this case. 

"Porter had a history of violence. On Jan. 21, 2004, he held a gun on Tina and forced her to tie her ankles together, and he threatened to kill them both. He pleaded guilty to one count of domestic assault and unlawful use of a weapon and was sentenced to three years’ probation. He also has been convicted of federal firearms violations." 

How could he even still have access to those children just 5 months after doing this???  He is obviously crazed and was willing to do anything!  I feel very bad for Tina, but I'm sorry, he would not be allowed left alone with my children after that.  There is no way! 

August 10, 2005, 10:57 am CDT

What about the first father

I just can't believe these two stories were put together.  The issues of the first guest were/are totally ignored, and I can't even find my post about the father Tim and his issues of his ex-wife kidnapping their kids and moving them out of state.  Oh well. 

August 13, 2005, 10:52 am CDT

LISA???

THAT ONE IS VERY SUSPICOUS LOOKING LIKE SHE IS HIDING SOMETHING AND I DON'T DOUBT FOR ONE MINUTE SHE IS HELPING TIM BECAUSE OF HER BEING SUCH GOOD FRIENDS WITH HIM.WHATS UP WITH TIM CALLING HER HOUSE AND TALKS TO HER OR HER DAUGHHTER WHAT THE HECK IS SHE TAKING CALLS FOR IF SHE IS SO INOCENT WOULDN'T SHE WANT TO TELL THE POLICE RIGHT AWAY BUT SHE DON'T SHE JUST SITS ON THE INFO.SHE REALLY NEVER PASSED THE LIE DETECTOR WHATS UP WITH THAT?IF I WERE THE MOTHER AND SHE SAT BESIDE ME ON THAT STAGE WITH A HALF ASS GRIN AS IF TO SAY I KNOW ,I WOULD BE ALL OVER HER LIKE A SHARK OUT FOR BLOOD.YOU CAN MESS WITH ME ANYTIME BUT DON'T MESS WITH MY KIDS OR I WOULD HUNT THE PERSON DOWN.THIS ONE NEEDS TO COME CLEAN AND SHE ISN'T EITHER.blue blob

August 13, 2005, 4:49 pm CDT

JADAOK

Quote From: jadaok

I just can't believe these two stories were put together.  The issues of the first guest were/are totally ignored, and I can't even find my post about the father Tim and his issues of his ex-wife kidnapping their kids and moving them out of state.  Oh well. 
HI THERE I WAS READING YOUR POST AND I WAS A BIT CONFUSED .DID YOU SAY THE EXWIFE KIDNAPPED THEIR KIDS AND TOOK THEM OUT OF STATE?BECAUSE IF SO IT WASN'T THE EX WIFE THAT DID THAT IT WAS TIM THE EX HUSBAND TOOK THEM WHEN HE CAME FOR HIS VISITATION AND TOOK OFF WITH THEM .I AGREE THE FIRST STORY WASN'T TALKED ABOUT MUCH .IF I HAD THIS WRONG PLEASE EXCEPT MY OPPOLIGIES .AND CAN YOU LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU MEANT IF NOT THIS.TAKE CARE .CATHY

August 13, 2005, 7:52 pm CDT

About Tim and Judy

It was said during the show that Judy disobeyed a court order by taking the children out of state. If this is true, how come she hasn't been arrested for it, and the children return to there father or another family member while he goes through is anger management class. I don't know how the law work in the United State but here in Canada you do get arrested if you disobey a court order. 

I know that two wrong don't make a right but I think Judy is more wrong in this case because she's breaking the law. 

Tecty 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last