Message Boards

Topic : 08/08 'Help Me Get My Kids Back!'

Number of Replies: 79
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, August 05, 2005, 05:27:47 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 03/02/05) It's nasty, unfair and vicious -- the extreme measures parents go to when fighting for the custody of their children. Tim says his ex-wife moved their kids to the other side of the country to "erase" him from their lives. The fighting keeps getting more vindictive -- and the kids are caught in the middle. Then, a father is in jail, the children are missing, and a desperate mother confronts the one woman who may know what really happened. Plus, advice for protecting your children. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

Read previous messages in the archived discussion.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 14, 2005, 9:27 am CDT

techy0411

Quote From: tecty0411

It was said during the show that Judy disobeyed a court order by taking the children out of state. If this is true, how come she hasn't been arrested for it, and the children return to there father or another family member while he goes through is anger management class. I don't know how the law work in the United State but here in Canada you do get arrested if you disobey a court order. 

I know that two wrong don't make a right but I think Judy is more wrong in this case because she's breaking the law. 

Tecty 

hi there fellow canadian good point and totally agree.cathy

August 14, 2005, 10:07 pm CDT

Sorry I missed this post

Quote From: 101160

HI THERE I WAS READING YOUR POST AND I WAS A BIT CONFUSED .DID YOU SAY THE EXWIFE KIDNAPPED THEIR KIDS AND TOOK THEM OUT OF STATE?BECAUSE IF SO IT WASN'T THE EX WIFE THAT DID THAT IT WAS TIM THE EX HUSBAND TOOK THEM WHEN HE CAME FOR HIS VISITATION AND TOOK OFF WITH THEM .I AGREE THE FIRST STORY WASN'T TALKED ABOUT MUCH .IF I HAD THIS WRONG PLEASE EXCEPT MY OPPOLIGIES .AND CAN YOU LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU MEANT IF NOT THIS.TAKE CARE .CATHY

Yes it was the mother of the children who kidnapped them and moved cross country with her new man.  The fact that she violated a court order.  The fact was ignored by Dr. Phil and the law in their state.  If Tim had run off with the children, we know he'd be in jail and she (the mother) would have full custody.  That's especially if Tim had a new younger wife, and admitted like the mother in the first story that she wanted the new spouse to replace the biological one.  The women in the audience would have pulled out a rope to hang Tim with.  But it's different for women.  

I feel sorry for Tim.  Here in America women are rarely held accountable when they break court orders where child custody is concerned.  And the courts don't help either.  I'm sure just as Dr. Phil did jumped on Tim, when Tim went to court to have the mother held accountable for kidnapping and moving the kids across the country, all they did was start in on him to try to find something he did wrong that would justify it.  

My fiance's wife did the same thing with their kids.  The cops wouldn't even file a police report though we begged them three times in two counties.  They called it a child custody matter and told him to take it to court.  When he got to court the judge asked for the police report and like Dr. Phil they assumed he had done something wrong or deserved it.   The mother sat there all innocent and teary eyed.  When they walked out of court she laughed in his face.  That's what the mother probably did after the Dr. Phil show.  Tim came to get help and got dissed and stomped on instead.  Then you wonder why guys flip out. 

The second story was another example of a father pushed over the edge.  Did anyone catch that the father in that case took the kids because he feared the mother was going to take them away from him?  Did it ever occur to anyone that the mother might not be a good mother? And that just like some women are willing to go to jail to keep their kids safe from an abusive father, the father of the missing children might be doing the same noble thing?  We don't know his side of the story, but there's some reason that NO ONE will tell the mother where the children are.  Maybe they know something we don't know.  And maybe the dad is willing to hold out until the kids get 18 because he thinks it's the right thing to do, and not just to be mean. 

August 15, 2005, 12:08 pm CDT

Watching the reruno of the show

Wow! Here in my town the show is airing again as a rerun.  Wow!  Talk about the "Race Card" in Tim's case Judy is playing the "Domestic Violence Card" So I see that Judy lost weight.  First off the bat Dr. Phil did tear into Tim based upon what Judy said about him being abusive.  Though she didn't share any police reports on this.  If Tim were so violent a court would have given Judy sole custody.  I had to turn off the show because it ticks me off how Tim was treated. 

August 15, 2005, 6:35 pm CDT

I watched

I saw that Tim has a new wife and baby and I think THAT is the reason Judy ran off with the kids.  She was jealous because Tim had moved on.  Maybe she thought that since she lost weight and got a new spouse, he shouldn't have been as lucky to find someone else.  Judging by the size of the new baby, that seems like about the time Judy broke the law and kidnapped the kids.  And Judy's mom is no better.  How dare she sit there and act as if she's never had the children and didn't inform Tim they were in town.  Besides, did she call Tim to inform him that her daughter was moving the kids across the country? Yet she dares to come on national television and argue that her grandkids that her daughter is illegally holding hostage without any consequences from the law, she comes on national TV and wants to argue about Tim not letting her see them at the airport.  Heck if my ex-husband had kidnapped my children and his mother went along with it, I wouldn't let them see the kids either.  If Judy can kidnap the kids and move them across country, she can make arrangements to get them back to visit with her mother.  Also where was Tim's mom?  How much time does she get with the children?  How about very little if none since their mother has illegally taken custody of them. I can't believe I'm the only person who is outraged over this.  And to show the kids calling Judy's new husband daddy and making him father's day presents was just cruel.  Why should Tim have been subjected to that?  When those kids saw that I'm sure they resented the fact their father saw it.  You can't just erase the father out because he remarried.  Remember Judy left Tim after she lost weight.  And if Tim did flip out over the possibility of her taking the kids, he was right on the money.  That's exactly what she did. 

August 17, 2005, 3:20 pm CDT

Tina's children

Hi 

Does anyone know what happened with Tina's children?  I was trying to find out if there was an update or anything.  I feel so horrible for Tina and for her kids.  Her ex is a horrible person to do this to them.  I wish you all the best Tina, and hope your babies come home safe. 

~Cenobia 

August 22, 2005, 1:56 pm CDT

KansasCity.com

I found this article that the lady described.I had to register first to read it,then typed in Dan Porter and the article came up. It said that he was at Lisa's house the weekend before and gave his wedding ring to her daughter. He quit his job on the Friday and asked his Boss for 5 rounds of ammunition, which his boss refused to give him. I think he may have planned to kill Tina, the children and himself. They also said that not all his hunting sites were searched, but hunters go so many places you don't know. I think Tina's lack of emotion could be from being medicated to function or that leaden feeling of fear that her children might not be alive. I hope Dan is prosecuted for murder if the children are gone for a length of time and circumstancial evidence accumulates. I would be in favor of Lisa being prosecuted for interfering in an investigation and witholding evidence. I live within driving distance and although it's doubtful, I would love to go attend his trial in October and report on these boards. I wonder if Lisa will be called as a witness?  I can imagine her laying on a chaise lounge reading Dan's lustful letters as her chest heaves in her low cut nightgown. :>) Oh, I'm so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 2, 2005, 11:20 am CDT

Update

In Sweden the second program with Dr Phil has just been shown on tv. 

What have happend since that? 

Are the children home with Tina yet? 

Please answer me someone! 

/ Ann-Charlotte 

September 8, 2005, 11:20 am CDT

tina's kids???

does anyone know if there is an update on this story yet???? i hope she finds them and they're alive!!! she and her family are in my thoughts and prayers

September 15, 2005, 5:34 pm CDT

i would really like to help

Dr. Phil,  how can people help find these kids if we can't get in touch with you or  somebody on your tip line.  i know i can help u find those kids.

September 15, 2005, 5:40 pm CDT

08/08 'Help Me Get My Kids Back!'

Quote From: zapatasred

I found this article that the lady described.I had to register first to read it,then typed in Dan Porter and the article came up. It said that he was at Lisa's house the weekend before and gave his wedding ring to her daughter. He quit his job on the Friday and asked his Boss for 5 rounds of ammunition, which his boss refused to give him. I think he may have planned to kill Tina, the children and himself. They also said that not all his hunting sites were searched, but hunters go so many places you don't know. I think Tina's lack of emotion could be from being medicated to function or that leaden feeling of fear that her children might not be alive. I hope Dan is prosecuted for murder if the children are gone for a length of time and circumstancial evidence accumulates. I would be in favor of Lisa being prosecuted for interfering in an investigation and witholding evidence. I live within driving distance and although it's doubtful, I would love to go attend his trial in October and report on these boards. I wonder if Lisa will be called as a witness? I can imagine her laying on a chaise lounge reading Dan's lustful letters as her chest heaves in her low cut nightgown. :>) Oh, I'm so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!
i wish u would keep us informed,

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last