Message Boards

Topic : 08/08 'Help Me Get My Kids Back!'

Number of Replies: 79
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, August 05, 2005, 05:27:47 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 03/02/05) It's nasty, unfair and vicious -- the extreme measures parents go to when fighting for the custody of their children. Tim says his ex-wife moved their kids to the other side of the country to "erase" him from their lives. The fighting keeps getting more vindictive -- and the kids are caught in the middle. Then, a father is in jail, the children are missing, and a desperate mother confronts the one woman who may know what really happened. Plus, advice for protecting your children. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

Read previous messages in the archived discussion.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 2, 2006, 1:19 am CST

What's Happening

Does anybody know what's happening with sam & lindsay??

We've only just seen this episode in Australia and I went to the samandlindsay.org website and found nothing.

Their poor mother, those poor children, It makes me feel ill to think that anybody could be this callous.  Lisa has definately picked her side hasn't she!  Did Dr Phil's tip line have any success?

Tina, our thoughts are with you from Australia.

November 2, 2006, 7:33 pm CST

where are they?

have the kids been found (from queensland australia?) ???? please post a reply!

November 19, 2006, 7:14 pm CST

Message to all readers

I am the Admin of samandlindsey.org the official website for Sam and Lindsey Porter.

At this time i would like to tell you that the children have not been found. We are continuing to check all new leads and old ones... we vow not to stop until they are home with there mother. Please stay in touch with www.samandlindsey.org - Our site remains up to date as events come in... We would like to thank you all for your interest in our cause and concern. Please pray for our children. Maybe Dr. Phil can get this case back in the spotlight. Thank you again....   George T. Cook III - Admin - Friend - Believer

May 25, 2007, 11:46 am CDT

Any news on this case

Quote From: georgecook

I am the Admin of samandlindsey.org the official website for Sam and Lindsey Porter.

At this time i would like to tell you that the children have not been found. We are continuing to check all new leads and old ones... we vow not to stop until they are home with there mother. Please stay in touch with www.samandlindsey.org - Our site remains up to date as events come in... We would like to thank you all for your interest in our cause and concern. Please pray for our children. Maybe Dr. Phil can get this case back in the spotlight. Thank you again....   George T. Cook III - Admin - Friend - Believer

Is there any new information about Sam & Lindsey. I went onto www.samandlindsey.org but according to the website they are still missing.

Do anyone have any information.

My heart go out to Sam , Lindsey and their mother.

September 9, 2007, 8:11 pm CDT

They may have been found

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/news/14077808/detail.html?rss=kc1&psp=news

September 10, 2007, 7:32 am CDT

***Update on Porter Children***

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/news/14077808/detail.html

TheKansasCityChannel.com Related To Story addEvent(window,'load',function() { if(PluginSupport.isActiveXDisplay() && document.getElementById("playControl")) { var href = document.getElementById("playerparent").firstChild; document.getElementById("playControl").onclick = href.onclick; } }); if(PlayerFactory.audit.adclick && PlayerFactory.audit.adclick != '') window.open(PlayerFactory.audit.adclick);window.lcMediaPlayer= document.getElementById('videoplug');lcPlayerClickEvent(nButton, nShiftState, fX, fY);
  • Video: Police Believe Remains Of Porter Children Found
if(typeof pageProps != "undefined") { AdObj.create("banner1", "728x90", "-1", (pageProps.coid ? String(pageProps.coid) : "-1"), pageProps.sectiontag); if(document.getElementById("videoplug") && document.getElementById("videoplug").attachEvent) { document.getElementById("videoplug").attachEvent( "currentItemChange", AdObj.createAdRefreshHandler("videoplug")); } } addEvent(window, 'load', function() { PlayerFactory.createPlayer(240, 180, 'playerparent', 14080668, false); PlayerFactory.createControls(); PlayerFactory.adTarget = "inline"; });
Police Believe Remains Of Porter Children Found Sam, Lindsey Porter Disappeared In June 2004

POSTED: 4:29 pm CDT September 9, 2007 UPDATED: 8:41 am CDT September 10, 2007

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Authorities believe they have found the remains of two Kansas City-area children missing since June 2004.

Tina Porter told The Kansas City Star that Independence police came to her home Sunday and told her that they were "99 percent sure" that her children's remains had been found.

Sam and Lindsey Porter were 7 and 8 years old when their father, Daniel Porter, picked them up from his estranged wife on June 5, 2004, for a weekend visit. The children's whereabouts have remained a mystery, and Daniel Porter has told several different stories about what happened to them.

KMBC's Chris Nagus said police started searching a wooded area near Highway 291 and Cement City Road in Sugar Creek at about 8 a.m. Sunday. Police searched the area based on a tip.

Independence police spokesman Tom Gentry confirmed that a gravesite was found. Detectives also recovered bones, which appear to be human.

The remains were discovered on property where Daniel Porter used to hunt, authorities said.

Daniel Porter Nagus reported that police searched a park not too far from there three years ago when the children were reported missing.

Gentry said the area where the gravesite was found often floods, and it is possible floodwaters may have brought something to the surface that was not seen before.

Daniel Porter is in prison. He was sentenced last year to 38 years in prison after a Jackson County jury convicted him of two counts each of kidnapping to terrorize and parental kidnapping, a less severe charge.

It is unknown how police got the tip to search the area on Sunday. Police have not said if that tip came from Daniel Porter.

Tina Porter said police told her that they expected to have test results back in about 24 hours to confirm the identification of the remains.

On The Internet:
  • SamAndLindsey.org

Previous Stories:

• June 21, 2007: Porter Seeks New Trial In Kidnapping Case
    • January 17, 2007: FBI To Review Case Of Missing Porter Children
    • April 28, 2006: Porter Sentenced To 38 Years In Prison
    • February 9, 2006: Jurors Find Porter Guilty In Kidnapping Trial
    • January 4, 2005: Father Of Missing Children Pleads Guilty To Weapons Charge
  •  
    September 10, 2007, 7:37 am CDT

***UPDATE***

TheKansasCityChannel.com Related To Story addEvent(window,'load',function() { if(PluginSupport.isActiveXDisplay() && document.getElementById("playControl")) { var href = document.getElementById("playerparent").firstChild; document.getElementById("playControl").onclick = href.onclick; } }); if(PlayerFactory.audit.adclick && PlayerFactory.audit.adclick != '') window.open(PlayerFactory.audit.adclick);window.lcMediaPlayer= document.getElementById('videoplug');lcPlayerClickEvent(nButton, nShiftState, fX, fY);
    • Video: Police Believe Remains Of Porter Children Found
    if(typeof pageProps != "undefined") { AdObj.create("banner1", "728x90", "-1", (pageProps.coid ? String(pageProps.coid) : "-1"), pageProps.sectiontag); if(document.getElementById("videoplug") && document.getElementById("videoplug").attachEvent) { document.getElementById("videoplug").attachEvent( "currentItemChange", AdObj.createAdRefreshHandler("videoplug")); } } addEvent(window, 'load', function() { PlayerFactory.createPlayer(240, 180, 'playerparent', 14080668, false); PlayerFactory.createControls(); PlayerFactory.adTarget = "inline"; });
    Police Believe Remains Of Porter Children Found Sam, Lindsey Porter Disappeared In June 2004

POSTED: 4:29 pm CDT September 9, 2007 UPDATED: 8:41 am CDT September 10, 2007

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Authorities believe they have found the remains of two Kansas City-area children missing since June 2004.

Tina Porter told The Kansas City Star that Independence police came to her home Sunday and told her that they were "99 percent sure" that her children's remains had been found.

Sam and Lindsey Porter were 7 and 8 years old when their father, Daniel Porter, picked them up from his estranged wife on June 5, 2004, for a weekend visit. The children's whereabouts have remained a mystery, and Daniel Porter has told several different stories about what happened to them.

KMBC's Chris Nagus said police started searching a wooded area near Highway 291 and Cement City Road in Sugar Creek at about 8 a.m. Sunday. Police searched the area based on a tip.

Independence police spokesman Tom Gentry confirmed that a gravesite was found. Detectives also recovered bones, which appear to be human.

The remains were discovered on property where Daniel Porter used to hunt, authorities said.

Daniel Porter Nagus reported that police searched a park not too far from there three years ago when the children were reported missing.

Gentry said the area where the gravesite was found often floods, and it is possible floodwaters may have brought something to the surface that was not seen before.

Daniel Porter is in prison. He was sentenced last year to 38 years in prison after a Jackson County jury convicted him of two counts each of kidnapping to terrorize and parental kidnapping, a less severe charge.

It is unknown how police got the tip to search the area on Sunday. Police have not said if that tip came from Daniel Porter.

Tina Porter said police told her that they expected to have test results back in about 24 hours to confirm the identification of the remains.

On The Internet:
  • SamAndLindsey.org

Previous Stories:

• June 21, 2007: Porter Seeks New Trial In Kidnapping Case
    • January 17, 2007: FBI To Review Case Of Missing Porter Children
    • April 28, 2006: Porter Sentenced To 38 Years In Prison
    • February 9, 2006: Jurors Find Porter Guilty In Kidnapping Trial
    • January 4, 2005: Father Of Missing Children Pleads Guilty To Weapons Charge
  •  
    September 11, 2007, 11:13 am CDT

They found them.

Unfortunately, the news was made public today that in a shallow grave off of a gravel road they found the bones of these poor babies.  I am not sure as to the specifics but if you look up the Kansas City Star newpaper they have details posted on their website.  How sad.  I have been watching this story since Dr. Phil had Tina on his show.  My heart goes out to her not only as another mother but as a person who really hoped she would someday be reunited with her children.  The only comfort in this situation that I can find is that he did not sell them into something horrible and they are no longer suffering.  My heart goes out to you Tina.  God has carried your children to a much better home and they wait patiently for you to join them. 

February 16, 2008, 6:11 pm CST

samandlindsey.org site info

According to the press release dates 10/17/2007 the remains of the children were found.  I really didn't get further than that. I had been praying for this family for awhile and had decided tonight to check and see if the message boards here on dr phil had information. I saw the website for the kids and then read this information.  Lord willing, their mother will find her way through this horrible tragedy.

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next Page | Last Page