Message Boards

Topic : 08/08 'Help Me Get My Kids Back!'

Number of Replies: 79
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, August 05, 2005, 05:27:47 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 03/02/05) It's nasty, unfair and vicious -- the extreme measures parents go to when fighting for the custody of their children. Tim says his ex-wife moved their kids to the other side of the country to "erase" him from their lives. The fighting keeps getting more vindictive -- and the kids are caught in the middle. Then, a father is in jail, the children are missing, and a desperate mother confronts the one woman who may know what really happened. Plus, advice for protecting your children. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

Read previous messages in the archived discussion.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 8, 2005, 7:55 am CDT

08/08 'Help Me Get My Kids Back!'

That's what I was wondering. Have there been any updates? Have the children been found? Is Dan still in jail and still refusing to talk about them?

August 8, 2005, 8:06 am CDT

Wondering

I am wondering why Lisa hasn't been questioned by police? They obviously know that she has the most contact with him. It just seems that she knows way more than she even said on the Dr. Phil show. What did the results turn out to be from Lisa's  lie detector test show?

August 8, 2005, 8:30 am CDT

What happened??

What happened?  This is a rerun yet there is no update.  Please if you know what has happened since the original show can you please fill me in?? 

August 8, 2005, 8:37 am CDT

From their website it appears the children are still missing 

http://www.samandlindsey.org 

August 8, 2005, 8:39 am CDT

I remember watching this show back in March...

My heart breaks for the mom. Lisa failed the lie detector test, she knows more but for whatever reason, I haven't heard anything else about this case.  It breaks my heart to know that this mom just wants her kids back home and Dan and probably Lisa could do that but won't. She should be tossed in jail right next to him.

August 8, 2005, 10:35 am CDT

THEY'RE BAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!

I live several hours from there, so I took an interest in the march show. I am SO glad they are showing it again. Hopefully someone somewhere will recognize the kids and make a phone call. Let's pray they do. they will show part 2, I think so look for that. The lovable twosome. First there was Fred and Ethel. then Ricky and Lucy, Kate and Spencer, Bogey and Bacall, and now, just when you thought there was no romance left in this world..............Ah , the aroma of scented stationary wafts thru the jail as Dan reads once more the 176 letters to him from that  prison pen pal whose words are steaming off the page in the cold winter air or  hotter than the summer heat . Perhaps this friendship has vaporized into the summer night. Poof, twas an ill-fated love!!!  If you're out there, MAKE THE DAMN PHONE CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

August 8, 2005, 1:07 pm CDT

What is happening

This is the first time I have watched this show and my heart aches for the mom. 

What has happened since the show was first aired? Have the children been found? Did the friend pass the lie detector test? Please give us an undate and I pray the children are sage. 

August 8, 2005, 1:13 pm CDT

Sam & Lindsey - Kansas City Star Aug. 8/05

Today's Kansas City Star had 2 articles to update the case. Dan Porter is in jail awaiting trial on kidnapping charges and it's been over a year since there's been word on the children. Nothing but dead ends in the case and Porter has told police that he killed the children but he's also told them they are alive and safe.  

Sadly, the list of events prior to and after his taking the kids makes it look very much like the worst may have happened.  

He cancelled the children's life insurance 

Told a friend he'd never let his kids have a stepfather and later told him he'd figured out how to get out of child support. 

"After the children disappeared, Porter went to the house of his friend Rocky Hall and said, “Your mouth would hit the ground if you knew some of the things I’ve done.” The morning Porter was arrested, his half brother, Devin McGuire, asked him whether he killed the children. McGuire said Porter responded, “I’ve done something to the kids I don’t want you to know, because I don’t want you to go to your grave knowing what I’ve done.” (Kansas City Star

Jackson County Prosecutor Mike Sanders says there's no evidence that the children are alive. 

Porter's own father and half sister don't believe his stories that the children are alive. 

Following the Dr. Phil show, Lisa Atkins did give the letters to the police and she failed parts of one lie detector and passed another one. She believes the children are "with the Amish" who have no T.V. or newspapers so they don't know the kids are missing. (my own expletives would be deleted if I expressed what I thought of her and her opinions) 

Dan Porter goes on trial for kidnapping in November. He is currently serving 10 years in prison on weapons charges. Police found several of his guns in a river following his arrest.  

My prayers are with Tina Porter and my most hopeful thoughts are with Sam and Lindsey.  

August 8, 2005, 1:19 pm CDT

Am I missing something?

I'm not at all cold-hearted, but this mother seems very calm considering the circumstances. There is NO WAY I could sit next to someone who knew ANYTHING about my children and stay that composed. You would have to pull me off of her. Is she just in shock?   

WHY hasn't Lisa received more pressure from the police? WHY hasn't the MOTHER received more pressure from the police?  Why isn't this getting the same amount of national attention the girl from Aruba is getting?  Dr. PHil, will there be an update?? Thank you! 

August 8, 2005, 1:50 pm CDT

Quote From: silvo4

I'm not at all cold-hearted, but this mother seems very calm considering the circumstances. There is NO WAY I could sit next to someone who knew ANYTHING about my children and stay that composed. You would have to pull me off of her. Is she just in shock?   

WHY hasn't Lisa received more pressure from the police? WHY hasn't the MOTHER received more pressure from the police?  Why isn't this getting the same amount of national attention the girl from Aruba is getting?  Dr. PHil, will there be an update?? Thank you! 

From my understanding of the show, her and Lisa have been talking a lot about all of this.  She probably seems a lot calmer than most would be, because it's pretty much all been said before.  I do think she is still in shock.  Did you see her face after Dr. Phil gave his promise as to what all he would do to help find these children?  She was in complete shock.  She kept asking him if he was serious...if he was really going to do everything he just said.  She looked like she didn't believe him!  I pray that those children are safe and returned to their mother very soon.  And I do think Lisa knows something more than what she has said.  This is one of the situations where you almost wish something would happen to her daughter so she really knew what it was like.  I hope she realized that she isn't helping anyone by keeping secrets.  GL to all in helping find these two children. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last