Message Boards

Topic : 05/26 How to Be a Better Parent, Part 4

Number of Replies: 62
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, May 21, 2009, 06:00:17 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Moms and Dads: Do you feel like you’re at war with your children? Do you wish the screaming, yelling, nagging and bitter confrontations would just stop? It’s time to learn a new way of parenting. Dr. Phil continues his work with four frustrated families in The Dr. Phil House. You’ll recognize patterns in yourself and your children when watching these families. Learn how to make changes, take back control and live in peace! Dr. Phil talks with the parents about how to stop the momentum of their dysfunctional patterns and start putting their children’s interests ahead of their own. Tammie and Tiffiny both say they have resentment toward their children. Can they learn to let it go and parent with effectiveness? Janice admits she sends her 11-year-old son mixed signals by telling him to grow up but still treating him like her baby. Why does Dr. Phil say her situation is a ticking time bomb? And, the parents and kids sit down to write contracts to address their dreams and goals as a family. Watch how it’s done because you too can try this at home. Plus, see the big surprise Dr. Phil has for Laureen and her daughter, and don’t miss an update on these families since they returned home!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 22, 2009, 10:55 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show.

A Be Better Doctor Four How Parent Part Phil/Robin To. Well Well Well finally this maybe the last show on-

How to be better parent. See you on May 26th, 2009 Tuesday. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-----------

May 26, 2009, 7:32 am CDT

05/26 How to Be a Better Parent, Part 4

I can't wait to see how today's show will turn out.  I sincerely hope everyone involved in this journey will take the constructive criticism to heart and put it to good use, not just from Dr. Phil himself, but from others on these boards, as well. 

I was just thinking, we rarely discussed the other 3 families because we were all so concerned for Davia well-being.  I once said I hope Davia finds a serogate mother fast, but the truth is SHE NEEDS HER MOTHER.  So Tammie,  I hope the road you've been traveling will lead to the beginning of a new relationship with Davia.  I don't mean to single you out, it's just that yours and Davia's situation as been the most concerning for me and millions of other viewers.  Anyway, I wish everyone the best! Rememer to, "Make today a changing day in you life!"

May 26, 2009, 1:16 pm CDT

And then...

At the end of todays show, when Dr. Phil did an update, I already knew that Tammie and and her daughter would not be doing well. I cant believe this lady. The way she treats her child. All that kid wants to do is spend time with her mother. And in turn, Tammie calls her clingy and says she fakes her happiness when they are together. You shouldn't have to fake being happy when spending time with your kid. And then, when Tammie and her daughter were writing the contract, Tammie left out movie night, and the mother daughter day, and even went as far as saying she wouldn't help her with her homework because she was to busy and had to work. I knew that lady didn't want to change and you could tell she wasn't really trying. It was pathetic.

May 26, 2009, 1:17 pm CDT

Davia

I am so mad and upset at the way this woman treats her child.  A complete stranger would be better to this Davia,  than her on Mother.  Watching Davia's mom makes me feel like I should get a Mother of the year award.     Just what gives this woman the right to treat her child the way she does.  Give her to me, I could love her in the first minute.  Davia's mom should be thankful that she has a child, some woman do not ever get the privilege she has and she just takes advantage.  God forbid if anything happen to that little girl, would her mom be happy?  Probably.     

Good luck Dr. Phil, cause I think this woman is not wanting to be fixed, so when she finally sends here away ,  she can say that she tried everything, to make herself feel better.  It's one thing to be rejected and not live with the parent, but I could not stand being rejected living with one.   

May 26, 2009, 1:55 pm CDT

Tammi and her daughter

This is just to sad.  I can't imagine, not loving your own child and having to fake it for the child sake.

You can look in that little girl's eyes and tell she is starving for someone to love her.

This Tammi is going to be sorry, I lost my daughter 15 years ago and what I would not give just to be able to hug her.  This woman has issues, and I personally think she is selfish and it is all about her.  She made the wrong choice and evidently she is taking it out on her daughter. 

May 26, 2009, 2:10 pm CDT

Tammie needs to GROW UP!

Quote From: hpmx59

A Be Better Doctor Four How Parent Part Phil/Robin To. Well Well Well finally this maybe the last show on-

How to be better parent. See you on May 26th, 2009 Tuesday. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-----------

May 26, 2009, 2:13 pm CDT

Tammie and Davia

What is up with this woman.  She uses the term clingy to describe Davia.  Maybe she should contact the Davia's father and let him take her. She doesn't want her. Dr. Phil is still going to try and help this family, that is wonerful, but it take 2 to Tango, and I don't think that Tammie really wants to do that. 

I need to take a chill pill before I say something I'll regret.  But it really disturbs me.  I just cannot wrap my mind around a mother who  gives birth to a child and then cannot show any affection to it.

May 26, 2009, 2:41 pm CDT

Poor Davia!

This child needs to be removed from her mother's care.  This mother is so selfish and detatched that I worry that she is capable of murder.  Is there a father she can live with?  Tammie is awful!  She is off the charts selfish and she is doing so much damage to her child...who is wonderful, by the way.  This child is amazingly well adjusted, but the damage to her self image is forever.  I truly hope there is a relative that can take this child and show her some love.  I want to take her and hug and kiss her!!!!!!!!!!!

If I knew where they lived, I would have already calld CPS.

May 26, 2009, 2:51 pm CDT

that woman!!!!

I am sooooo seriously disturbed, i even joined the site just to be able to post this. what is up with that woman, she clearly not only doesnt like her daughter she doesnt even love her, if the father (real one) doesnt take her someone should, that poor child ... i have watched all the episodes regarding the parenting series and i promise everytime i dislike this woman even more .... it will be very dissapointing to see that woman take that child home with her, i hope something gets done because i won't even believe if she says she now changed and now loves amnd accepts her daughter, it will all be because of the show, she clearly doesn't want that child around her period.

May 26, 2009, 3:03 pm CDT

Tammy? WTH is your problem?

You don't deserve the title of "mother".  Please give this girl to someone that is ABLE to Love her. You obviously aren't capable of loving anyone other than yourself. You are pathetic.

Dr. Phil, please look out for Davia. Especially when the camera's go away

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last