Message Boards

Topic : 05/29 Same-Sex Marriage Reaction

Number of Replies: 284
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 04:26:17 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Recently, the California Supreme Court upheld Proposition 8, a controversial measure banning same-sex marriage passed by voters in November 2008. The current ruling states that the ban is constitutional, but the state's 18,000 existing same-sex marriages will stand. Dr. Phil and his panel of distinguished guests continue their discussion of this controversial topic. Joining the debate are discrimination attorney Gloria Allred, president of the Human Rights Campaign Joe Solmonese, San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom, Pastor Jim Garlow, president of National Organization of Marriage Maggie Gallagher and co-campaign manager for the Yes on 8 Campaign Jeff Flint. The conversation gets heated as Dr. Phil takes comments and questions from his audience, which is evenly divided over the issue that has many Californians protesting in the streets. Share your thoughts, join the discussion!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 28, 2009, 10:52 pm CDT

the saddest

I was watching one of your promos today and heard a man say"I was born this was{gay} and I consider it a gift from God"

I feel so sad for this man, He has been so misled by the sweet words from Satan that tickle our ears  hereon earth and makes us believe we will be happy. All that we own , posess will burn in this Earth. There has never been a u-haul truck behind a hearse.

I don not hate gay people. I believe they are decieved and that makes me sad. God's will is perfect and gayness just isn't part of God's perfrct plan,,I will pray for all the people in the world that need The Lord in their lives,,

May 28, 2009, 10:57 pm CDT

Dr. Phil

I know you and Robin are Christians. YOU MUST stand firm in this and say what is right without hate or judgementalism.using God's love and grace always, I will pray for you, You have alot of prower to take care of that the Lord has given you. Remember,,"To much has been given, much is expected..

You are a vlessing and stay strong as witness for the Lord,,,,Blessings~~~Sandra

May 29, 2009, 12:27 am CDT

I Agree!

Quote From: sblady3291

I know you and Robin are Christians. YOU MUST stand firm in this and say what is right without hate or judgementalism.using God's love and grace always, I will pray for you, You have alot of prower to take care of that the Lord has given you. Remember,,"To much has been given, much is expected..

You are a vlessing and stay strong as witness for the Lord,,,,BlessingsSandra

I watch Dr Phil every now & then depending what the show is about. I have alot of respect for his teaching & think he has a great personality. I am a born again christian & I have to agree with the fact that people in the media have a good opportunity to lead by example & I know that they will be blessed for it. This is the time to take a respectful stand against accepting the gay 'rights' I know a few gay people and they are really nice people I would only treat them with kindness & understanding as this is God's will but this doesnt negate the fact that according to God it is NOT the way to behave. One day every knee witll confess & every knee will bow so until then I think it is MOST important to be leading the way in any way you can even if to everyone else you are 'wrong' and 'just one of those christian people' we get so much grief for standing firm & strong on the Lords word & commands yet everyone else demands to have their rights met even when they are not how the creator wants or made them. I pray that this discussion sheds some real truth on our Saviour and his truths.

May 29, 2009, 4:36 am CDT

Same Sex Marridge

I personally don't agree with it,but they are people too. I can see why it would need to be legal because you have those that have lived with each other for years & when it comes to death or illness the significant other has no say in the matter. I see that is unfair to the person involved. My bible says its the wrong thing to do, but in those circumstances so is that. Your partner knows you better than anyone & I feel they atleast need those rights. If not making it legal, which again I don't agree with, give them some kind of rights to decide those things. I feel that way about all couples that live together for long periods of time, gay or not.

May 29, 2009, 7:59 am CDT

God and marriage.

I am a born again Christain. I do not agree with same sex marriage for it is not what God stands for. I have a couple gay friends as well. I too am kind and respectful to them but does not mean I agree with their decisions of partnership. God did create us all and loves us all but does not mean He is not saddened by all our decisions. He gave us the choice of free will and therefore we are accountable for the choices we make. Homosexuality is an abomination to him. He created man in the beginning as it says in Genesis 1:26-27 it says He created man in the likeness of His image, He created  male and female. He then said unto to them, " Be fruitful and multiply." How can we multipy if there is not a man and woman involved. If He had wanted a marriaged union to be different he would have created us to have done so.

In Mark 10: 6-9 it says, But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. For this cause shall a man leave his fahter and mother and cleave to his wife. And they twain shall be one flesh so then they are no more twain but one flesh. I do not be mean or treat my gay aquaintances any different than other people but when they ask me questions on my beliefs on homosexuality I give them my honest opinion, just like I would on any other subject any other person might ask me on what I believe as a christian. In 1 Corinthians 11: 7-12 says as man is of the image and glory of God, the woman is the glory of the man. For the man is not ot the woman, but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman but the woman for the man. Neither is the man without the woman nor the woman without the man in the Lord. That means that God did not create a man for a man, or  woman for a woman but a woman for the man. Thats why I believe its not Gods ways to have same sex marriage.

May 29, 2009, 8:03 am CDT

my opinion

I personally do not agree with same-sex marriage. It says in the Bible that a man and a women shal get married and reproduce also it says that a man shall not lay with a man and a woman shall not lay with a woman. I also have been in the past with other woman and I made a choice to be with other women and I made the choice to marry a man and have children. I do believe it is a choice and everyone has to make it for themselves. I am not God and going by the Bible it also says that I shall not judge others. I do however think that if people should not have the right to call their realtionship a marriage because that is for a man and woman. They should call it a life partner. I do not think that God intended for two men or two women to get married I believe that marriage was given to us by God so that we could reconize a man and a woman as being togerther and being put together by God. Also as a parent I do not want my children thinking it is ok to go agianst what God says in the Bible. I want them to know that what God says is the law. Also I know a few people who was raised by gay couples and they turned our to have a lot of mental truma not because of the home life but how they are treated by people when the fact of being raised by gay people was made a issue. and also i think that your sexually preference can be related to racisim because if you look at the history behind both there is discrimination. Both sides are called names and beaten and some are killed because of their choices.  

May 29, 2009, 9:53 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show.

Doctor Marriage Phil Reaction Same-Sex. Are you kidding me? What is this all about? I cannot understand

that. See you on Friday May 31st, 2009. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.------------------------------------------

May 29, 2009, 10:38 am CDT

look carefully at the words of prop 8

The words of prop 8 do not say anything about gay marriage.  The meaning is implied.  Unfortunately, too many are still very homo-phobic.  This invasion of everyone's privacy (prop 8) says that we have the right to determine who is male and who is female!  We have no right to determine someone's gender;  many doctors cannot completely identify some individuals.  Many people are not clear as to what gender they belong to, even if their paperwork indicates a particular gender or not.

We have no right to label people.  Many self-proclaimed "churchy" folks are quick to judge someone about the marriage rights and their ideals of so called tradition.  When in fact they are too uneducated enough to realize that all of us have some male and female in us.  Many are quick to judge but refuse to take a medically scientific look at the situation regarding gender identity.  Most are squeamish about the term gender identity.  But they are very enthusiastic about judging something they will not even take the time to look at scientifically.  I am extremely disappointed in so many California voters!  I came to California to settle because I thought it was a more tolerant and a less judgmental society.

May 29, 2009, 10:50 am CDT

Gloria Allred is back

Actually- she never went away. She must take a lot of time off from her high-profile legal work......trying to horn in on octo-mom's fame , for example. She is as ubiquetous on day-time TV as the stretch mark commercial. 

This old bat is so annoying that I turn Phil off when I see her. She must work cheap. It's the only reason I see for having her on.  

The same can be said of her equally fame hungry daughter, Lisa Bloom.

Other lawyers actually look good by comparison.

May 29, 2009, 11:43 am CDT

Thank God gay-marriage is ILLEGAL IN TEXAS!!!

I'm so glad to see my fellow Christian's sharing their beliefs.  I know this is going to be VERY contraversial issue because homosexuals believe they are "legally" entitled to the same rights as us.  The Bill of Rights does state that they are entitled to live whatever life they desire, as are we.  However, when considering it from a religious point of view or God's point of view, it is absolutely, positively unacceptable and blatantly sinful.  Unfortunately, the United States feels a need to acommidate "everyone's" prefrances even though it is plain to see opposing sides will be offended.  That is the day and age we live in now.  

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last