Message Boards

Topic : 06/25 Classic Dr. Phil: What Do We Do Now?

Number of Replies: 11
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 18, 2009, 02:42:14 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 05/30/03) Tragedy can change lives in an instant, often leaving us wondering what to do next. In this powerful episode, Dr. Phil discusses strategies for coping with personal disaster. Drew and Amanda said they were crippled with guilt after the death of their 3-year-old son. Although the tot's drowning was accidental, Amanda said she didn't deserve to enjoy life. Plus, Geri's husband, Scott, suffered from bipolar disorder and took his own life. Geri said she struggled with anger and couldn't forgive her husband for leaving her. If you have difficulty moving on after a loss, and you punish yourself for things outside of your control, don't miss this important show!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

June 19, 2009, 11:35 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show.

Classic Do Doctor Now Phil We What? This is a classic? What are you talking about? See you on June---- 25th, 2009 Thursday. Sincerley Your.  Russell Vlaanderen.----------------------------------------------------------------

June 25, 2009, 7:53 am CDT

what? continued

Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.  And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.  Matthew 24: 11-12

How can u limit my Jesus?  I will pray for you , myself, our country, and that obama will really receive Christ.  He claims to be a Christian, but if u truly r then u want to be in His prescence and cannot stand to be away from worshipping Him............. God be with us all!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,your friend,

Rebecca

June 25, 2009, 12:44 pm CDT

my thought

this show just made me ball my eyes out. im only 16 and i was basically a mother to my nephew and just hearing what doctor phil was saying, i could only imagin how his parents were feeling.

June 25, 2009, 2:39 pm CDT

06/25 Classic Dr. Phil: What Do We Do Now?

I missed this show on its original airing. I cried so hard watching the couple who lost their son. I have not lost a child but one of ny biggest fears is my children passing before me. I am a fairly religious woman and believe God has a purpose for ones life as ultimately we are all Gods children. When Dr. Phil had them close their eyes and told the heartfelt story of their sons candle going out because his mommy's tears put it out everytime cause she won't let me go. Our heart and soul aches so much when a loved one passes but if we all remember this story it may help us in the future. God will never give us more than we can handle.

June 25, 2009, 2:52 pm CDT

suicide

My husband commited suicide this past April and the next day my mother died from Alzheimers.  My counselor told me 3 things that helped me:

1. I would feel quilty that it was my fault

2. It was not my fault

3. He would have done it anyway!!

Somehow these 3 things helped me put everything in perspective!!

Karen

June 25, 2009, 4:41 pm CDT

I lost my Father

Dr. Phil,
   On February 18, 2009 I lost my father. He died from heart failure. I miss him so much and often times the pain is more than I can bare. My father was only 60 years old and had retired two weeks earlier. Nothing about this makes sense or seems fair. I am not married yet and have no children. It breaks my heart knowing that he is going to miss out on those important times in my life. I am so angry that he was taken from me and often fail to see the point of living a life without him. I find myself constantly comparing my grief process to my boyfriends, who lost his mom a year ago, and end up kicking myself for not being at a point where I can go back to work or school. I don't know how to move on with my life while remembering my dad. I feel guilty for trying to move on. I feel if I stay in this pocket of grief I can better remember my father. It is a daily struggle. It did help to hear you say that grief has no time line. Thank you for doing this show again 

June 25, 2009, 5:18 pm CDT

what do we do now?

Thank you for running this show (again), it brought back so many memories, I lost my first born at 4 months to congenital  heart disease (32 years ago), I blamed myself for his condition and it took me a long time to get on with my life (my husband not having much compassion, told me to forget about him and that we would try and make another baby as soon as possible). 13 years later I worked with someone that later became my best friend and she helped me talk about it and help me let go, somewhat like you told Tyler's parents. The picture you drew of all the children in heaven with their candles made me cry because I could feel for them. I had 2 other children and loved them so much I was  told by family and friends not to love them so much because I would get hurt again.  You can never love your children too much. I am very proud of my children and love them very much. I don't know what my life would be like today if I had not hds anymore children. Thank you again for letting other parents know that they are not alone in this kind of situation (loosing a child) and as a priest told me " children are only lent to us by God, we have to love them and let them go but never forget them".

Louise  

June 25, 2009, 5:33 pm CDT

Amazing

Dr. Phil,  I just wanted to tell you that I was spellbound by your segment with Drew and Amanda the young couple that lost their little boy.  I was on the edge of my seat.....this is the best therapy session that I have ever seen.  I can only imagine how hard this has been on the couple.  With prayers and your guidance, I can only see goodness in their future.

June 25, 2009, 6:38 pm CDT

what do we do now....

i know exactly what this couple is going through...in 2003 i lost 2 of my daughters to drowning...they went fishing with a aunt of theirs and they had gone thousand times with and this time they went and they had decided to get in a boat that was there at this private pond and the aunt had told them to get out well as they were getting out of the boat and all they decided to walk along the bank of this pond and wade in the water my little one (was 6) step in a hole and slipped and went in the water and my oldest(was 12)went in after her and had her coming back to the bank and my little one panic and pushing my oldest under and she couldnt get out from under her and she drowned while saving her sister...i do have a 16yr old and she is such a blessing and yes when something like this happens you become very protective of the sybiling that are with you....and a piece of you dies and you just want to give up on everything..when i got the news of my daughters i didnt know where or what was going to happen or if i was going to survive...i didnt wont to live anymore i didnt care if i woke up the next morning...all i wanted was my babies back and i didnt care what i had to do to get them back...i would always play the blaming game if i had done this or that...i locked my self in my house and i would always ask god what did i do why did this have to happen to me and my family and if he would just bring my children back that he could take me...my heart goes out to this mom and dad and i cry with you because you have been through hell and NOBODY that hasnt been through something like this is a lair if they tell you that they know what you are going through...let god help you and with him you can make it..it dont take away what you lost or what you have been through but he can make it easier for you to get through each day...i miss my angels terribly .....but i keep in mond that i WILL see them again someday....Kenny chesney wrote a song called "who would you be today"(i beleive is the name of it) and to me he wrote that song for all the mom's and dad's or to anyone that haslost that someone special...

June 25, 2009, 7:37 pm CDT

Be the best you can be

On todays show i saw people who were struggling with the loss of a loved one i know what these people feel like. I lost my mother at the age of 14 which was a very difficult thing for me to deal with being a young teenager without their mother. The best thing anyone can do is to remember that person in the good times you had with them because if you dwell on the negatives all you will remember them as is negative, which is what makes the person more miserable to start with.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next | Last