Message Boards

Topic : 07/09 Is it Over? A Divorce Solution

Number of Replies: 21
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, July 01, 2009, 05:16:35 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Do you and your spouse fight about the same things over and over? Dr. Phil's guests have threatened divorce and want to know if there's a solution for their constant battles. Deanna and her husband, Jason, argue often and engage in big blowouts that they say are destroying their marriage. They have a 7-year-old son who was recently diagnosed with ADHD, and Deanna wonders if her husband may also suffer from this disorder. Is this couple caught in a never-ending downward spiral, and is ADHD contributing to the problem? Dr. Ned Hallowell, psychiatrist, best-selling author and expert in the field of ADD and ADHD, weighs in. After watching a video of Jason participating in a specific task, what are the therapist's thoughts about Jason's behavior? Then, meet Kevin who has been diagnosed with ADD. His wife, Roseshel, says their marriage is like a roller-coaster ride, and he's impossible to deal with. Can this couple save their union, or is the damage already done? If you wonder whether your spouse may suffer from ADD or ADHD, tune in to find out the signs to watch out for and what you can do to bring peace to your home. Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 13, 2009, 10:34 pm CDT

MY SON - ADHD??????

Quote From: ngprlady48

Thank you Dr Phil and Dr. Hallowell,  I have read both books and it was an eye opener to me at least to know that could  first finish the books and was not going crazy! just a little bit maybe :-)  The hard part is finding someone to be knowlegable and someone specfic  psychiatrist, or support group iin the Tampa, FL area ts been a real task and challange-and you know how we love challanges, As far with my Health Provider- I really have insisted that I need someone specialized because in the past its been a waste of time and money and had one doctor diagnose me with med's in about 20mins- I felt like I was the doctor- when they are not specialized- I pass every ADHD symptoms test with very high grades- And know that I am special and have been dealing with it and - I had been doing pretty good in hiding my negatives over the years- but now in my 50's I have been really struggling and need HELP- becoming more emotional and forgetful and talk in riddles my kids say- and lately become very frustrated and Distracted  really bothers me- my mind is going 50miles a minute- So if anyone has suggestions for me in the Tampa, Fl area please HELP-

Thank you and sincerely, Norma

DR. PHIL,

I WANTED TO GO INTO YOUR SITE AND PRINT OUT THE INFORMATION ON THIS SHOW  ON ADHD AND  SEND THEM TO MY SON.  I HAVE ADHD SINCE I HAD MOMO  WHEN I WAS 43.  I DRIVE EVERYONE CRAZY - AND NOW WATCHING THIS SHOW, I REALIZE THAT MY SON WHO IS 45 HAS IT AND IF I COULD GET THE INFORMATION TO MY SON, HE WOULD TAKE IT TO HIS DOCTOR AND GET THE HELP HE NEEDS.  HE HAS AGREAT DOCTOR BUT SHE DOESN'T SEE THIS BECAUSE NO ONE HAS MENTIONED THE POSSIBILITIES TO HER BUT IF SOMEONE DID, SHE WOULD KNOW THE SIGNS IMMEIATELY.  PLEASE SEND ME THE INFORMATION ON THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE SO I CAN GET IT TO MY SON.  HE HAS TRIED TO COMMITT SUIDIAC 3 TIMES - TWINCE LAST WINTER AND I CAN SEE HIM GOING DOWN HERE AND HE CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT HE ATE FOR BREAKFAST OR ANYTHING THAT WASY SAID YESTERDAY. I WAS JUST UP THERE IN COLO. WITH FOR 3 DAYS AND I GOT SICK , CAME HOME AND WENT TO THE HOSP.  I CAN'T HARDLY CARRY ON A CONVERSATION WITH HIM.  HE TALKS LIKE HE IS TALKING TO SOMEONE ACROSS THE STREET.  ONE MIN. HE IS TELLING ME HOW MUCH HE LOVES ME ND THE NEXT, HE IS TELLING ME EVERYTHING THAT IS WRONG WITH ME.  I TOLD HIM THAT I THOUGHT HE WAS MAKING ME SICKER.  HE STAYS UP ALL NIGHT AND THEN , HE STARTS SAYING CRAZY WEIRD THINGS.  I WAS ACTUALLY LAUGHING AT 3A.M. IN THE MORNING AT THE CRAZY THINGS HE WAS SAYING.  I FINALLY GOT HIM TO LAY DOWN THE SECOND NIGHT AFTER 3A.,M. WHEN HE WAS TALKING CRAZY. THEY ARE TREATING HIM FOR DEPRESSION BUT HE SAYS HE DOES NOT THINK HE IS DEPRESSED AND I DON'T EITHER.  HE HAS SOMETHING MORE SERVIOUOS AND WATCHING YOOUR SHOW, HE SEMS TO HAVE ALL THE SYMPTOMS.  HELP! HELP!! HELP!! SINCERELY, GAG

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | Next Page | Last Page