Message Boards

Topic : 07/14 Classic Dr. Phil: Dr. Phil's Can't-Miss Parenting Techniques

Number of Replies: 12
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 09, 2009, 02:04:24 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/08/02) Since the dawn of time, since the first man and woman gave birth to the first bouncing bundle of joy, parents everywhere have asked the same question throughout the ages, “How do I get my child to do what I need him or her to do?” Parents have a million questions, from potty training to getting their children to pick up their rooms, and Dr. Phil is ready to answer them! Tune in and learn the secrets to child rearing that will improve your life and your children’s behavior forever. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 10, 2009, 9:43 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show.

Can Classic Doctor Miss Not Parenting Phil/Robin Techniques.  That I have seen this last 2002. See you--

on July 14th, 2009 Tuesday. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.--------------------------------------------------------

July 10, 2009, 10:56 am CDT

07/14 Classic Dr. Phil: Dr. Phil's Can't-Miss Parenting Techniques

This past week of all new shows was excellent.
Makes me look forward to the new season, if these shows are any example of what's to come. 
And, until then, I'm looking forward to all the classic reruns!

July 14, 2009, 7:54 am CDT

Hi cadescover99 and hpmx59... Are y'all tweeting yet? SEA

WOW! This looks like a super GREAT show and a must see!!!

LIFT OFF:
JOIN THE FUN
Dr. Phil is flying around the world in cyber space on his new BLOG

http://blog.drphil.com/

and on TWITTER

http://twitter.com

Cyber flight plans straight from the heart.
TWITTER HANDLES
@DrPhil
@Robin_McGraw
@JayMcGraw
@EricaMcGraw
@JordanMcGraw
@penninca Dr. Phil Show Producer

TWITTERVERSE
by SEA winging it on a wing and a prayer
@SEAangels14
July 4, 2009

Wandering in Twitterland
I saw Dr. Phil Family and Carla
Speaking tweet and you can too friend

July 14, 2009, 12:36 pm CDT

potty training

I have a 25 month old little girl. We have been working on potty training.  She was doing really well she wore undies all day even when were out doing errands. She would tell me when she had to go.  Now it is like she has given up completely.  She will pee in her undies and not even tell me.  She is pooping in her undies now too.  I have been scolding her and I started time out today. What do I do  I know she can do it.  Also I have a hard time with her listening to me.  When her dad is around she minds so well.  When she is with me it's like I not even there.  When we are in public she screams and yells. It's so embrassing.  She stands in shopping carts.  If I don't hold her she screams and screams until I take her out.  I am to the point that I don't want to take her out in public.  Going out for dinner is no more with her.  Please give me some advise for my little Samantha.

July 14, 2009, 1:42 pm CDT

parenting ,potty training and etc

Honestly I love how you potty trian the kids that was a great thing ..I enjoy watching each day to see what will happen ...The one where the mother was allowing the kids to breast feed that old just was to wierd I could never have done that I feel theres a age to stop feeding and its alot younger then that ..sorry but I do feel the mom wont stop ...

July 14, 2009, 1:56 pm CDT

Potty training worries

My 2 1/2 year old daughter is doing really good on potty training except No. 2. What do I do? I need help. I am also 5 months pregnant and would really would like her to 100% potty trained by the time the baby is born.

July 14, 2009, 1:57 pm CDT

Breastfeeding Mom

One of the pictures of the breastfeeding mom looks like she was feeding a litter of puppies!!  How awful!  I don't think she was there to find out how to stop this, she seemed to be there to justify what she was doing.

July 14, 2009, 2:58 pm CDT

Bedtime Problems Never Necessary

Dr. Phil:

I tend to agree with you on most things.  However, bedtime seems to be such an unnecessary problem for so many parents.  The video shown on today's show is a cute idea.  But....I raised my three children many years ago - without the aid of videos.  This is what I did.

Tracy and Eric were 14 months apart, and slept in separate bedrooms.  They were put to bed relatively early until they were 6 and 7.  They were put to bed, read to, had a glass of water on the bedside table.....and then were told they could read quietly, play with their Barbies and G.I.Joes, but they must remain in their beds.  The light was left on and the doors open.  Within 20 minutes to half an hour, they were both sound asleep.  We went in, turned out the lights, and that was it for the night.  The great side effect of this, is that they developed a love for reading - and today Barnes & Noble is their favorite place to shop.  They now have children of their own, and Eric has not had bedtime problems either.

July 14, 2009, 3:24 pm CDT

Grandsons can stand & go potty it's the other we have trouble with!

July 14, 2009, 6:42 pm CDT

Potty Training

I watched the show today and I was really excitied so, I went out and bought the baby that wets and a little extra bribery..M&M's.  Tonight before bed i took the baby out of the box and explained to my 2 1/2 year old that he was going to teach his baby how to go to the potty.  I "fed" the baby so he could pee and then said "Oh I think the baby need to go potty"..the baby went and seriously within 2 minutes he was asking to go and he went!!!! I am so excitied to see how this will play out in the days to come! THANK YOU DR. PHIL!!!!! THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST ADVICE!!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next | Last