Message Boards

Topic : 07/16 Classic Dr. Phil: Too Much of a Good Thing?

Number of Replies: 7
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 09, 2009, 02:08:27 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/18/02) Do you know people who use work, food, shopping and money to the extreme? When does this behavior become too much? Dr. Phil's guests are self-proclaimed work-, shop- and food-aholics. They say their incredibly strong need for these things feels almost like an addiction. Meet Sylvia, a mom who says she medicates herself with food. What's at the root of her need to binge? And, Rod says he's in debt because he's addicted to spending money. Can Dr. Phil help him overcome his urge to splurge? Find out when too much becomes too much. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 10, 2009, 9:56 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show.

A Classic Doctor Good Much Of Phil/Robin Thing Too. That is something that never seen before. See you--

on July 16th, 2009 Thursday. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-------------------------------------------------------

July 10, 2009, 11:04 am CDT

07/16 Classic Dr. Phil: Too Much of a Good Thing?

When did this show originally air? You didn't say.
Anyway, I'm still looking forward to it.
And, hope Dr Phil was able to get his guest to quit "medicating" herself with food before she ended up paying some doctor to medicate her for weight related problems.

July 16, 2009, 7:54 am CDT

Original air-date?

Quote From: cadescove99

And, hope Dr Phil was able to get his guest to quit "medicating" herself with food before she ended up paying some doctor to medicate her for weight related problems.
That's strange.  They always post the original air dates on re-runs but not this one.  I've looked everywhere.  I've even tried Googling the the show topic and had no luck.  Do you get the newsletters telling all the shows for the week.  I'm 100% positive it tells on there.  I get them but when I noticed they were mostly re-runs this week, I deleted it.  If I'm not mistaken, most of the "Classics" are from 2002.  I have noticed some are more recent but for the most part the majority, I've seen, are from the 2002 archives.  Hope this helps to give you a general idea.  Sorry I didn't have a conccrete answer.

July 16, 2009, 8:23 am CDT

Original Air Date

Quote From: cadescove99

Sorry about that, the original air date has been added.

July 16, 2009, 12:33 pm CDT

Much appreciation!

Quote From: DrPhilBoard1

Sorry about that, the original air date has been added.
Thank you ever so kindly for adding the date!

July 16, 2009, 4:27 pm CDT

Y'all, Dr. Phil will be in New York July 18 & 19th.

Start spreading the news. If you want to be a part of it. New York. New York. Dr. Phil is gonna be in town on July 18 and 19th. New York. New York. Go to the link below and fill it out and maybe go see... Dr. Phil taping in... New York. New York.

http://www.drphil.com/plugger/respond/?plugID=13572

LIFT OFF:
JOIN THE FUN
Dr. Phil is flying around the world in cyber space on his new BLOG

http://blog.drphil.com/

and on TWITTER

http://twitter.com

Cyber flight plans straight from the heart.
TWITTER HANDLES
@DrPhil
@Robin_McGraw
@JayMcGraw
@EricaMcGraw
@JordanMcGraw
@penninca Dr. Phil Show Producer

TWITTERVERSE
by SEA winging it on a wing and a prayer
@SEAangels14
July 4, 2009

Wandering in Twitterland
I saw Dr. Phil Family and Carla
Speaking tweet and you can too friend

July 16, 2009, 9:22 pm CDT

Trisha's Story - Workaholic

Hi Dr. Phil,

I identified with Trisha's story.  There is a pattern of avoidance in her behavior, like mine!  When you have a food addiction, you are avoiding yourself, and trying to deal with your insecurities through eating or not eating.  Trisha's new or current addiction is the office.  You are so right that time will fly by and she will feel empty inside if she does not actively seek fulfillment outside of work.  This is of course more easily said than done.  I would like to know what suggestions - Action Words - did you give to Trisha.  Maybe Trisha is hiding out, and this reason needs to be brought to the surface.  Take it from one who knows!

Glad not to be alone, but I feel that Trish is still young with possibilities. Me on the other hand, well, I'm ......I need to focus on preparing to live and not see my life as more than half over!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page