Message Boards

Topic : 07/23 Classic Dr. Phil: A Family Divided: Meet the Family

Number of Replies: 13
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 03:09:43 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/18/03) Dr. Phil turns the spotlight on a family in serious crisis. They seemed perfect from the outside, but behind closed doors, bad choices, deceit and a teen pregnancy are tearing them apart. Meet Martin and Erin, and their two daughters, Alexandra and Katherine. During this season-long series, Dr. Phil goes in-depth and one on one with this family in crisis. He starts them on the long road to recovery by focusing on their most crucial issue: a pregnant teenage daughter and helps them rebuild their shattered lives one at a time.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 23, 2009, 8:14 pm CDT

A family Divided: Meet the Family

Dear Dr. Phil-

I love how you dealt with the problem that this family was facing with the parents that did not know where to start.  The older daughter getting all of the attention and the youngest child not knowing where to turn to.  I really enjoyed watching this show because as a parent it has taught me to try to deal with what is at hand and not overlook the other child(as a am parent of two handsome boys).  As parents we tend to deal with the one that is having the most problems and we tend to not listen or pay attention to the other child that is hurting. 

I want to really tell you that I appreciate you putting stuff like this on your show and showing us tough love.  To get it together as the grown-up.

July 24, 2009, 2:15 pm CDT

07/23 Classic Dr. Phil: A Family Divided: Meet the Family

Quote From: amyvictoria85

I was so excited to finally hear an update about this family! When this show originally aired, 6 years ago, I was just 17 years old and had just found out I was pregnant as well. I remember watching this family on the show every week with my own mother and feeling so close to what Alexandra was dealing with as she went through her struggles, as well as her parents dealing with her teen pregnancy. I am so happy to hear that the family is doing well, that Marty and Erin stayed together and that Alexandra is doing well & even married now! I do wish we would have heard more about the younger sister because she was just an absolute sweetheart on the show. My heart went out to her, &I would love to hear if she is doing well and if her relationship with her parents has improved. This whole family, though troubled, was so inspiring to me in the way that they stuck together and worked things out, thanks to Dr. Phil's help.

This was my favorite Dr. Phil family, but i also wondered about one more: I wish I could remember the name of the young man.. Dr. Phil had a show about a young man dealing with drug abuse (I believe it was the same season) He was very rude to Dr, Phil and refused rehab at first I believe, but reluctantly went for his family and I have not since seen an update, although I think he may have come back one time after. I would love to know if this young man is still doing well and if he stayed sober after receiving help from the show!

The young man's name was Brandon. He went to La Hacienda for rehab and managed to stay clean for some time until he had a setback he had to serve some jail time for. I believe he has been doing fairly well since getting out. Setbacks aren't uncommon for people as deeply addicted as he was. And, I blame his parents for letting things go that far. Not only for ignoring all the early warning signs. But, for going on overnight trips, leaving 13-year-old Brandon unsupervised. Home alone in the house with an unlocked liquor cabinet! That was the beginning of his drug problems, when he started drinking his parents' liquor during their absences.

July 27, 2009, 1:00 pm CDT

07/23 Classic Dr. Phil: A Family Divided: Meet the Family

All I can say about this family, is that the younger daughter is the ONLY one with their heads on straight. For the Father to openly admit that the older, pregnant daughter is his "favourite" is appauling. I truly feel for this little girl, but have every faith that she's smart enough to learn from her sister's AND parent's mistakes. What a shame.

First | Prev | 2 | Next Page | Last Page