Message Boards

Topic : 07/30 Classic Dr. Phil: Kids Ask Dr. Phil

Number of Replies: 8
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 24, 2009, 03:04:06 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 04/21/05) Dr. Phil goes into his mailbag to answer kids' burning questions! First up, 16-year-old Rachel likes to go clubbing with her friends, but says her 1:00 a.m. curfew is way too early. Are her parents too strict, or is she being unreasonable? Then, 15-year-old Kayla hasn't lived with her drug-addicted mom for three years. She's sober now, but should Kayla let her back into her life? Plus, meet a woman who's been struggling to keep her family together since she was 13 years old. You won't believe what Dr. Phil has waiting for her! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 24, 2009, 4:43 pm CDT

Doctor Phil Show.

Ask Classic Doctor Kids Phil. That one I saw while I was living on Welch Street. See you on July 30th, 200-

9 Thursday. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 30, 2009, 7:47 am CDT

God Bless

The young woman who you helped go to school to further her goals was awsome! I love to see good things happen to good people. I know this young woman will go far because of the help you gave her. If more people in the world would do these things the world would be a better place. I think there should be an organization who helps people who are so determined and won,t say the word CAN,T.

July 30, 2009, 7:55 am CDT

Tyerra

I just watched Tyerra's story.  What an incredible woman she is!  I'm really not sure how she raised all of those children on her own, worked, cooked, and cleaned and was able to keep her wits about her.  I only have one child and it's hard enough, so I can only imagine what she was going through.  What Dr. Phil did for her was truly amazing, and she deserved everything she got and more!!!  This woman was that family's gift from God, and everyone would be lucky to have someone like her in their life.

July 30, 2009, 1:38 pm CDT

Tyerra inspires me

Quote From: meowkittyxf1

I just watched Tyerra's story.  What an incredible woman she is!  I'm really not sure how she raised all of those children on her own, worked, cooked, and cleaned and was able to keep her wits about her.  I only have one child and it's hard enough, so I can only imagine what she was going through.  What Dr. Phil did for her was truly amazing, and she deserved everything she got and more!!!  This woman was that family's gift from God, and everyone would be lucky to have someone like her in their life.
 Hello, this young lady is on the commercials! She is on a graduation commercial. She's so awesome, keep up the good work and you'll be in our prayers!

July 30, 2009, 2:29 pm CDT

How I can ralate!

I just watched Tyerra on your show today... I CRIED throughout the story... this is me. I also had to raise my syblings, I have gone through IT ALL. You name the type of abuse, been there done that.. I'm still ALIVE.. I was hired by a german corporation and started making descent money about two years ago... I thought I'd finally made it and was going to save money to buy a house for my kids... and I just got laid off... so many things have happened to me, ... too many to even start typing... I don't know what it feels to 'feel' anymore. My point? Because of everything I've gone through... I wonder about my existence, one thing I do KNOW is that I LOVE my three kids, they ONLY have me... only if you knew my kids, they are the best - exemplary kids... ... ... I wanted to 'give up' and in watching this story... I CAN'T. I can't give up.... but I don't know where to go, what to do, how to move on... never the less, I SALUTE Tyerra! Tyerra, I UNDERSTAND not having a childhood. I had two dolls... and cooking cleaning at 8 for a family of 5... for whomever reads this... I don't ask for money... but DO ASK for your prayers for this stranger... please pray for me so that I make the right choices in life and continue to want to keep 'living' for my kids. - lalis

July 30, 2009, 4:02 pm CDT

Tyerra's Story

I just watched Tyerra's story today. As i was watching it, I noticed that she looked really familiar. She has been on the Everest College's graduation commericals. She graduated from there in 2006 from what the site says. I thought I heard while she was on the show that she didn't have money to go to school but yet she's on a graduate commerical? I'm confused.

July 30, 2009, 5:14 pm CDT

Did you watch the whole show?

Quote From: daydreamer15

I just watched Tyerra's story today. As i was watching it, I noticed that she looked really familiar. She has been on the Everest College's graduation commericals. She graduated from there in 2006 from what the site says. I thought I heard while she was on the show that she didn't have money to go to school but yet she's on a graduate commerical? I'm confused.

They gave her a scholarship, and she graduated at the top of her class, where she was awarded another scholarship...that should clear it up for you.  And for the record I absolutely balled during her story because she did those incredible things for her family without expecting anything in return, and what Dr.Phil did for her changed her life, and showed others that there is hope out there for those who are less fortunate.

July 31, 2009, 9:27 pm CDT

the 16 year old

I just turned 20 and I'm still home every night usually 10/10:30 because i know my parents will wait up and i don't want them too. I sometimes with they would give me a bit of leverage, because my older brother (24) got to stay out till about 1am when he was my age but because I'm a girl..etc. but for a 16 year old to stay out after 1am??
 even i know thats just crazy i used to when i spend a night at a friends house in Senior year but we we're a mile away from her house. I'm sorry but a 16 year old going to clubs and coming home at 2/3 in the morning.. Na Da.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page