Message Boards

Topic : 08/06 Classic Dr. Phil: Is Flirting Good, Clean Fun, Or Can There Be Consequences?

Number of Replies: 39
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 31, 2009, 05:44:45 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/25/02) Dr. Phil takes on incurable flirts! Meet two flirtatious women who admit that they enjoy enticing men, and another woman who’ll give you the lowdown on her “Kissing Bandit Game,” in which she and her friends score points based on how many and what types of men they kiss during a night out. Be there when Dr. Phil’s audience — both wives and girlfriends — express their anger with flirts. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 31, 2009, 12:02 pm CDT

Doctor Phil Show.

Be Can Classic Clean Consequences Doctor Flirting Fun Doctor Good Is Or Phil/Robin There. Well Well--

here we go again and I thought that  it would be good. I never flirt in my life. See you on August 06th, 2009-

Thursdaay. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

August 2, 2009, 7:19 pm CDT

Flirting is serious

I watched the clips with Heather and Dr. Phil.   The top she wore pretty much said it all.   Men see that and they know shes a flirt before she opens her mouth.   I am not married, but I think it's stupid and very unthoughtful to just "come-on" to a man because he is there.    Not caring if he is married, or if you are pursuing a relationship.   It's like shooting deer for sport, and leaving the carcass to rot.    Insensitive, uncaring.    Heather is getting off on being able to cause a "reaction".  If she could only hear what men say after she has left, behind her back, she'd be shocked and embarrassed.  believe me, Heather, what theysay when yu leave is not nice.

nawlins

August 6, 2009, 5:27 am CDT

08/06 Classic Dr. Phil: Is Flirting Good, Clean Fun, Or Can There Be Consequences?

Quote From: nawlins7

I watched the clips with Heather and Dr. Phil.   The top she wore pretty much said it all.   Men see that and they know shes a flirt before she opens her mouth.   I am not married, but I think it's stupid and very unthoughtful to just "come-on" to a man because he is there.    Not caring if he is married, or if you are pursuing a relationship.   It's like shooting deer for sport, and leaving the carcass to rot.    Insensitive, uncaring.    Heather is getting off on being able to cause a "reaction".  If she could only hear what men say after she has left, behind her back, she'd be shocked and embarrassed.  believe me, Heather, what theysay when yu leave is not nice.

nawlins

You summed her up perfectly.

August 6, 2009, 7:27 am CDT

Why Do I Feel Like I'm The only One Confused?

As a married woman I would like the women in the show and even the women today to understand that women are not intimidated by the way you look. If you were the most beautiful woman in the world that would not matter. What is intimidating is your actions. I can best compare it to being alone, walking to my car and having someone following me a little too closely, the hairs on your neck stand up because you feel like they might do you harm. Your actions may not harm them physically but you threaten to harm them emotionally(which is just as bad). That's right, I compared them to a possible mugger or a rapist. A womens relationship with her husband and her families well being would be threatened. I'm certain that if any of those women had a steady relationship they might know what other women were talking about.

My question would be, why aren't they in a relationship? Could it be that the very men they flirt with do not find them relationship worthy?

August 6, 2009, 7:45 am CDT

Reply to Katie

Quote From: hpmx59

Be Can Classic Clean Consequences Doctor Flirting Fun Doctor Good Is Or Phil/Robin There. Well Well--

here we go again and I thought that  it would be good. I never flirt in my life. See you on August 06th, 2009-

Thursdaay. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

This is a reply to Katie on the show.  She was the blonde girl who claimed to have a huge group of guy friends as well but could only keep one girlfriend.  I must say, the way she presented herself really ticked me off.  I am a girl who, over the years have been so betrayed by my girlfriends that I decided to try a different route.  I now have a big ggroup of very close knit guy friends. I have one great best girl friend, I turst her with all of my heart.  I feel like Katie has given girls seen in a group of guys a bad rap.  I do not flirt with my guy friends, I do not get any validation from it.  One thing, however, that I can relate to is her feeling that other girls are threatened by her.  I don't know why girls are so threatened by me, I can hang with girls every once in a while but as far as keeping a long-term close relationship there's never been a chance. Maybe someone else can relate?

August 6, 2009, 9:36 am CDT

So simple

There is something called boundaries.  The man has boundaries.  The woman has boundaries. These boundaries are formed during our growing years.  When we are old enough to make choices, we then choose what we want for our boundaries.   

If you do not like the boundaries you see in the man, do not marry him.  If you do not like the boundaries you see in a woman, do not marry her.  It is pretty simple.  Wouldn’t you rather be single and wish you were married than be married and wish you were single?  The emotions of ‘’feeling good’’ because you are around a man or a woman or you finally got your partner or whatever emotions you may feel certainly pale against the emotions you will feel if you have been betrayed.   

If you choose to marry, talk about the third boundary beforeyou marry.   This third boundary surrounds the married couple.  It is called exclusivity. If either party does not agree on the parameters of the third boundary, then do not marry.   If I remember correctly, there is something in the Jewish culture/religion that says a man should not touch a woman who is not his wife nor should a woman touch a man who is not her husband.   Makes sense to me.  Kind of hard to have sex with someone who you do not touch. Nothing gets started.   If you have that boundary, do not cross over that boundary.  It is so hard to come back.  Should one partner cross that boundary, the other partner has every right to step up and remind the other of the mutual agreement of exclusivity.  Should an outsider step over that boundary into the married couple territory, either party and/or both parties has every right to confront the intruder and send said intruder to the other side of the boundary.   

Go to the end result of what you want to happen in your life.  Where do you want to end up?  When something comes along, regardless of how‘good’’ it may feel, check it out, rationally.  Ignore the emotions because emotions are subjective, therefore they are untrustworthy as gauges for what is good or bad.   See if it fits, if it will bring about the end result you want in your life.  There are always consequences to every decision you make in your life, whether good or bad.    

If it does not fit your plan, then do not do it.  If you do, there is always a price.  You might want to check the price of youraction before you do that action.  If it fits, go for it.  Then you can enjoy thegood emotions that follow without any regret.  

August 6, 2009, 12:25 pm CDT

i had to stop what i was doing

I was in the middle of folding laundry in the house that my fiancee and i just bought when i had to stop what i was doing just to say 'i would beat your ***' when the flirt game girl said 'they are with a girl, who cares', come to my computer, register on this sight and post what i was thinking. I cannot believe that there are people that are that are so out of touch with reality and morals that they would just go to any man whether they were with someone or not and just kiss them or even flirt with them. In the real world these girls need to watch out for the girlfriend or wife that is not going to take that and she is going to end up in a very bad situation. I can hardly even watch the rest of this show. I hate to be so harsh but these women will eventually get what they deserve.

August 6, 2009, 12:27 pm CDT

08/06 Classic Dr. Phil: Is Flirting Good, Clean Fun, Or Can There Be Consequences?

Quote From: sandrapc17

As a married woman I would like the women in the show and even the women today to understand that women are not intimidated by the way you look. If you were the most beautiful woman in the world that would not matter. What is intimidating is your actions. I can best compare it to being alone, walking to my car and having someone following me a little too closely, the hairs on your neck stand up because you feel like they might do you harm. Your actions may not harm them physically but you threaten to harm them emotionally(which is just as bad). That's right, I compared them to a possible mugger or a rapist. A womens relationship with her husband and her families well being would be threatened. I'm certain that if any of those women had a steady relationship they might know what other women were talking about.

My question would be, why aren't they in a relationship? Could it be that the very men they flirt with do not find them relationship worthy?

i agree with everything said here. very well put.

August 6, 2009, 12:39 pm CDT

flirting can be danderous

flirting can be dangerous because if i with my husband and one of those woman come up in kiss him im going to fight them. so flirting can be dangerous and it also can  be the woman fault why there men cheat or let the other woman flirt with them. for example some woman let these flirtess flirt with there men and wont say a word.

August 6, 2009, 12:45 pm CDT

Some women have it some women dont

I was watching this classic episode and I saw myself in some of the women.  I am also a very good flirt.  Tho I havent had a sexual encounter in over a year.  I am a 29 year old very energetic social person and I am great with all people not just men.  But the attention i get from men I flirt with makes me feel confident.  I used to walk around feeling inadequate about myself.  Not pretty enough not sexy enough always jealous of the women who went for what they wanted.  Not anymore.  I dont think flirting is bad at all.  I think you should definitely keep it to a minimal with married or men in relationships.  But part of being in a relationship is to trust your partner right?  So why do us women get blamed by the girlfriends of these men.  Maybe if they flirted with their man more they wouldnt have to come to me.  Cause face it...men like the attention just as much as we do.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next | Last