Message Boards

Topic : 08/11 Classic Dr. Phil: Roles in Marriage

Number of Replies: 4
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, August 06, 2009, 02:28:59 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/06/02) Could your marriage survive a role reversal? Dr. Phil puts his own relationship to the test by switching household routines with his wife, Robin. Can they handle the daily grind of each other’s lives? It's a "first" when Dr. Phil takes a trip to the grocery store, does the laundry and bakes a cake (or at least tries to)! How did he do? Don't miss the hilarious results. And, while Dr. Phil and Robin have come up with a division of labor that works for them, meet other couples who say they're clueless about their roles. It’s not as easy as it looks to walk in your spouse’s shoes. You may walk away from today’s episode with a better perspective. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 7, 2009, 10:48 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show.

Classic Doctor In Marriage Phil/Robin Roles. I have never seen this before. See you on August 11th, Tue--

sday 2009. Sincerley Your. Rusell Vlaanderen.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 11, 2009, 7:52 am CDT

Devotion

Dr. Phil, I completely understand that everyone has needs. Whether it be emotional reinforcement or validation of ones worth in a relationship from their partner. Everyone should learn to draw energy from the love that they have for someone to accomplish the things that really mean something to that person, even something as small as picking up behind yourself without being ask. As we know asking takes the sincerity out of the others persons action.

August 11, 2009, 2:05 pm CDT

Not in My House

Time for my husband to be a soon divorced husband.  I am tired of him not doing anything to help me, the only thing he can DO IS PLAY games on the computer anytime hes home.

Time for him to go!

August 14, 2009, 6:38 am CDT

What a Joke!

Dr. Phil's trip to the grocery store was both insulting to men and women. I am well aware that so-called "women's work" is just as important as men's work", but Dr. Phil pretending to have difficulty shopping for groceries was just ridiculous. Shopping for groceries can be a pain, but it certainly is not a task that requires special skills.  Dr. Phil, you don't have to pretend that it is a difficult job and requires a lot of skill to display that it is an important task that needs to be completed for a household to function effectively. Equal division of labor is important and as long as everyone respects each others roles.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page