Message Boards

Topic : 08/25 Classic Dr. Phil: "Get Off My Back!"

Number of Replies: 13
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, August 20, 2009, 01:50:53 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 05/18/05) Are you tired of being told, "That's not good enough," or "You're doing it wrong"? Dr. Phil talks to controlling, combative, outspoken guests whose loved ones want them off their back! First up, Tia demands perfection from her kids in school, music and sports. She's even picked out the perfect bride for her 14-year-old son! Her husband thinks she needs to lighten up, but will Tia ever change her ways? Then, he’s been called the worst husband in Dr. Phil history! When Mike first appeared on the show, he shocked the nation with his treatment of his wife, Deanna. Is Mike still yelling at his wife to shut her suckhole, or did she tell him to get lost? Share your thoughts here!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 25, 2009, 4:50 pm CDT

sad for the children

Regardless of what anyone else says to this mom I can only speak for my own situation. My grandmother treated me like this mother treats her children and it has backfired into my grandmother's face. I rarely speak to her as everything I say to her is not good enough and never will be. Throughout my life none of my accomplishments have been good enough. I have a successful career, loving husband, beautiful home, beautiful newborn, and wonderful friends. None of this is good enough for her and every time I speak to her I know no matter what I do or say I will never be good enough. I beg this mother to let go of her perfectionist attitude and look at your children, they will only be in your home for a short time and you should learn to love and embrace the children they are and lead by example not by your your idea of perfection. you are missing out on some wonderful memories with your children by worrying about messy clothes and missing basketball shots. Put yourself in their position! Have high expectations but enjoy their accomplishments!

August 25, 2009, 5:52 pm CDT

08/25 Classic Dr. Phil: "Get Off My Back!"

Quote From: niksmom

Regardless of what anyone else says to this mom I can only speak for my own situation. My grandmother treated me like this mother treats her children and it has backfired into my grandmother's face. I rarely speak to her as everything I say to her is not good enough and never will be. Throughout my life none of my accomplishments have been good enough. I have a successful career, loving husband, beautiful home, beautiful newborn, and wonderful friends. None of this is good enough for her and every time I speak to her I know no matter what I do or say I will never be good enough. I beg this mother to let go of her perfectionist attitude and look at your children, they will only be in your home for a short time and you should learn to love and embrace the children they are and lead by example not by your your idea of perfection. you are missing out on some wonderful memories with your children by worrying about messy clothes and missing basketball shots. Put yourself in their position! Have high expectations but enjoy their accomplishments!

It sounds like you have come a long way in life regardless of the past. I think the past is a good place to visit, it reminds you of why you left there in the first place. Too bad for your grandmother, I am sure had she known the damage she was inflicting on you she might have thought twice. Perhaps one day you can write her a letter and tell her exactly how you feel. It may not change your grandmother, but will make you feel better. Love your children everyday and tell them how great they are they grow up so fast.

August 25, 2009, 10:57 pm CDT

Thank you Mike

Mike I watched the show tonight .....

I just wanted to say that not all of America feels or shared the views of some of the previous writers. 

I have to commend you for your efforts of making a the necessary changes to make your home a happy home. It takes a real man to step up to the plate and admits that there are areas in his life that he needs to change. It was impressive as well to hear that your father understood and was willing to try to make changes as well.

I wish you and Deanna and your family all the BEST and may GOD BLESS you. 

First | Prev | 2 | Next Page | Last Page