Message Boards

Topic : 08/31 Dr. Phil's Recession Survival Squad

Number of Replies: 4
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, August 27, 2009, 06:16:26 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
You’ve lost your job, you’re about to lose your house, your savings account is empty and the bills are piling up. The current economic downturn is dragging more and more people into a state of financial panic. Dr. Phil puts together a squad of recession survival experts to help you conquer this money crisis. Top job recruiter Tony Beshara, financial planner Robert Pagliarini and money guru Mary Hunt help a couple devise a plan to overcome their financial burdens. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 28, 2009, 5:39 pm CDT

Doctor Phil Show.

Doctor Phil Recession Squad Sur Vival. I have never seen this before. I can hardley to see this on Monday

. See you on August Monday 31st, 2009. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.---------------------------------------

August 31, 2009, 3:46 pm CDT

Survival Squad

Dr. Phil said this was  a family that was doing all the right things and working hard and then the economy fell and this family is a casualty of the circumstances.  I disagree as it seems the family did not pay off hteir mortgage but went on elaborate holidays and maintained a SOLID Debt.  They failed to plan so they actually planned to fail . . . . eventually.

This is my humble opinion and I see so many people claiming the same issue, the economy is to blame.  I don't think so.

August 31, 2009, 5:50 pm CDT

I've neve done this...ask for job help

I've never posted a message. This week I just joined Facebook..it's a bit overwhelming. Bottom line..I'm unemployed. I am an "in betweener"....not educated and experienced enough to be in demand, and far too overqualified for jobs I'd be willing to do like receptionist or secty work. So...I get turned down. Also, because of the amount of money I made in the past, I make more on unemployment that some of the jobs I'm applying for.

I have been watching the Dr. Phil show this week (now that I'm home) and have become willing to "get out of my comfort zone". Which means asking for help from those I know and don't know.

I am a Certified Neurofeedback Therapist through the BCIA, a member of AAPB and ISNR. 3 yrs experience with only a Master's degree in Counseling/Psychology. I have my License in Alcohol Drug Counseling (for about 8 yrs) and have worked as a Social Worker in the past and a counselor in several areas. Since graduating from Texas A&M in 1992.

I am willing to relocate for the right job if I have to.

I don't know if this is an appropriate post, but I thought I'd try.

September 1, 2009, 11:33 am CDT

surviving

I feel for that couple whom is on the brink of losing everything.  I am in the same shape, I lost my job but by choice, the place had gotten so bad I couldn't take it.    I have found jobs, but when your a single parent who can't  work any hours and nobody around to assist you, it makes life tough.   I wish some people would put themselves in my shoes once and while to try not having a single soul around and they are alone out there.  I am the one who put myself in this situation and I will dig my way out of it somehow.   I had actually took some information from previous shows on Dr Phil and applied them and I have been able to live fine for 2 months with nothing getting that behind.  There is help out there its a matter of putting your pride aside and doing it.   I had too and I'm not exbarrashed to ask now, like I use too.   So hang in there everyone it will get better and I have faith in myself I can make it either way.  

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page